PDA

View Full Version : Converting EML to PDFs?

thriii
Aug 23, 2013, 10:14 AM
I have a ton of EML files I was able to export from mail.app that I need to convert into PDF files. How do I do this?

Weaselboy
Aug 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
If you get them back in Mail app, you can easily print them to PDF from there.

Put them all in a Mail folder then do a command-a to select all. Then command-p to bring up a a print dialogue. In the print dialogue click PDF in the bottom left then select save as PDF. This will put all the messages in one PDF.

thriii
Aug 23, 2013, 11:03 AM
If you get them back in Mail app, you can easily print them to PDF from there.

Put them all in a Mail folder then do a command-a to select all. Then command-p to bring up a a print dialogue. In the print dialogue click PDF in the bottom left then select save as PDF. This will put all the messages in one PDF.

I don't want to put them all in 1 PDF and its communication over a 1 yr period.. so its a ton of PDFs that needs to be created. Is there a way to do this all at once?

Weaselboy
Aug 23, 2013, 11:45 AM
I don't want to put them all in 1 PDF and its communication over a 1 yr period.. so its a ton of PDFs that needs to be created. Is there a way to do this all at once?

Hmmm... so you want each message in its own PDF? Off the top of my head, I can't think of a non-manual way to do that. You might look in Automator and see if you can cobble something together that way.