PDA

View Full Version : My special story (and I need help)

MinEderPlayz
Aug 23, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hey, I am on Beta 4 since Beta 5 removed all blurs on the iPad 2 and 3 and I hate the non-blur UI.

SO: I have a complete backup of my iOS 6.1.3 device and then updated to iOS 7 beta 4. Now I made another backup. Still, I create and edit content while using the beta so the 6.1.3 backup will soon be outdated.
As iOS 7 for iPad is rumored to be delayed by around one month including the GM I will not be able to update on Sept 11, one day before beta 4 expires and one day after release of GM. What am I supposed to do now? I could downgrade to iOS 6 but I would loose my iOS 7 created stuff. On the other hand, when having downgraded I will create/edit my stuff as well so restoring from the 7 backup when the final version is released also doesn't make sense.
Any help / advice is appreciated.
Kind regards,
Tom

Gogurt48
Aug 23, 2013, 02:01 PM
Hey, I am on Beta 4 since Beta 5 removed all blurs on the iPad 2 and 3 and I hate the non-blur UI.

SO: I have a complete backup of my iOS 6.1.3 device and then updated to iOS 7 beta 4. Now I made another backup. Still, I create and edit content while using the beta so the 6.1.3 backup will soon be outdated.
As iOS 7 for iPad is rumored to be delayed by around one month including the GM I will not be able to update on Sept 11, one day before beta 4 expires and one day after release of GM. What am I supposed to do now? I could downgrade to iOS 6 but I would loose my iOS 7 created stuff. On the other hand, when having downgraded I will create/edit my stuff as well so restoring from the 7 backup when the final version is released also doesn't make sense.
Any help / advice is appreciated.
Kind regards,
Tom

If you're approaching the expiration of beta 4 and the GM is nowhere in sight, I recommend you upgrade to beta 5 or 6 and just live without the blur for awhile. Maybe it'll be back in the GM.

MinEderPlayz
Aug 23, 2013, 02:30 PM
Hm, yes that's an idea. Hadn't thought of this but if that keeps my data where it belongs - fine. Still hoping GM will come for iPad with iPhone version. And with blur.