PDA

View Full Version : Snow leopard vs Mountain Lion. Should I upgrade




steve11808
Aug 23, 2013, 04:41 PM
I'm new to the forum and I've been looking for some answers on whether or not to upgrade my MacPro 4,1 early 2009 from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I have a MBP that has ML on it but I was wondering if there are any benefits to upgrading my tower. Please help.

My Computer info is:
Mac Pro 4,1 early 2009
2x 2.26 GHz Quad Core
20GB of RAM

Thanks



wiz7dome
Aug 24, 2013, 06:52 AM
At some point you'll have no choice. I'd suggest you partition your hard drive and install a fresh copy of ML there. You can import your accounting settings etc. This way you can test it out for your self and see how well you like it or don't like it.

You can also working knowing you have a backup of a stable OS. :cool:

Weaselboy
Aug 24, 2013, 09:09 AM
At this point, I would just wait another month or so for Mavericks.

Are there features in the newer OS versions that you need, like iCloud for example?

thejadedmonkey
Aug 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
Wait for Mavericks.

maflynn
Aug 25, 2013, 05:52 AM
If you're happy now with SL, and you're not being pushed into upgrading, i.e., a software update and/or application you need requires ML, then hold off.

Plus with the release of Mavericks in the near future, why not hold off for that.