PDA

View Full Version : Its been fun...

ajt1995
Aug 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
I've had a blast here in iOS 7. I'm downgrading... iOS 7 just doesn't have the "snap" that iOS 6 did... when you pick up iOS 6 on an iPhone 5, you know THIS is the best phone in the world. Somehow, iOS 7 lost that. I think it's somewhere in the slow transitions. I'll be back for the GM. But if they don't do something, they might just lose me to Android... ;)

And I've been to Android, I always come back to superior experience. Don't blow it, Apple. Don't blow it.

Sonnestah
Aug 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
You will be missed, mate... You will be missed.

SakuraSuki
Aug 23, 2013, 10:06 PM
I've had a blast here in iOS 7. I'm downgrading... iOS 7 just doesn't have the "snap" that iOS 6 did... when you pick up iOS 6 on an iPhone 5, you know THIS is the best phone in the world. Somehow, iOS 7 lost that. I think it's somewhere in the slow transitions. I'll be back for the GM. But if they don't do something, they might just lose me to Android... ;)

And I've been to Android, I always come back to superior experience. Don't blow it, Apple. Don't blow it.

How dare you mention Android. Android on my Nexus 4 could not be any better.

ajt1995
Aug 23, 2013, 10:08 PM
You will be missed, mate... You will be missed.

Thanks. Actually, you gave me hope for the MacRumors forums just now. The general attitude in here would have likely jumped on my "useless, stupid post!" And they would have ranted on and on about how I have probably never even used iOS 7.

----------

How dare you mention Android. Android on my Nexus 4 could not be any better.

Nor CyanogenMod on my NOOK. Dude, Not all Apple users are closed-minded.

zbarvian
Aug 23, 2013, 10:12 PM
I'm kinda torn. I hate the visuals, but I don't think Android in its current state looks much better, and the ecosystem is still behind. Plus, all the physics and animation makes iOS 7 kind of fun.

ajt1995
Aug 23, 2013, 10:14 PM
Indeed. As soon as apps are updated with compatibility, animations sped, debug code removed, and SMS notifications fixed, iOS 7 will be the BOMB in the wireless industry.

Tubamajuba
Aug 23, 2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks. Actually, you gave me hope for the MacRumors forums just now. The general attitude in here would have likely jumped on my "useless, stupid post!" And they would have ranted on and on about how I have probably never even used iOS 7.

Although I too am happy that nobody has come in to bash you, think about it from the other side. Thread after thread, people say the same general things- iOS 7 is a step backwards, it looks like it's for little kids, it's slow, Android is lightyears ahead, etc... and after a certain point you just don't sympathize with the thread creators anymore. If you don't like it, then just switch to Android already!

Now let me be clear- I'm not referring to you in that last paragraph. You obviously have an open mind and seem to be a very respectful poster. If more people were like you, MacRumors forums would be a much better place!

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 10:32 PM

I don't understand. If you don't like iOS and want to use android, just do it? Why tell a bunch of strangers?

Purex
Aug 23, 2013, 10:44 PM
I don't understand. If you don't like iOS and want to use android, just do it? Why tell a bunch of strangers?

If u dont understand and got nothing to add to the topic, why bother to answer ?

Mrg02d
Aug 23, 2013, 11:03 PM

I watch Sesame Street.

PNutts
Aug 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
I'm with 'ya. I downgraded to iOS 6 when I went on-call and I never went back up to iOS 7. For me there's no "must have" feature that justifies the quirks of a beta. I backed up my phone to put beta 6 on but I'm still meh. Maybe beta 7.

Rogifan
Aug 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
Indeed. As soon as apps are updated with compatibility, animations sped, debug code removed, and SMS notifications fixed, iOS 7 will be the BOMB in the wireless industry.

Yet you're talking about leaving for Android. And iOS 7 hasn't even been shipped to the public yet. :confused:

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 12:29 AM
I watch Sesame Street.

Lol! I wouldn't be telling people that...

----------

Yet you're talking about leaving for Android. And iOS 7 hasn't even been shipped to the public yet. :confused:

No sir. I'm saying that Apple needs to get this right, or they will lose what most people love about their iPhones- that is, knowing that they have the best phone on Earth.

----------

I'm with 'ya. I downgraded to iOS 6 when I went on-call and I never went back up to iOS 7. For me there's no "must have" feature that justifies the quirks of a beta. I backed up my phone to put beta 6 on but I'm still meh. Maybe beta 7.

My current plan is to come back for the GM.

Rogifan
Aug 24, 2013, 05:14 AM
No sir. I'm saying that Apple needs to get this right, or they will lose what most people love about their iPhones- that is, knowing that they have the best phone on Earth.

I love my iPhone but really could care less if its thought of as the best phone on earth. I am confident though that when iOS 7 ships its going to be as smooth as iOS 6 was.

adildacoolset
Aug 24, 2013, 05:34 AM

Then stop beta testing if you're not a developer.

----------

I love my iPhone but really could care less if its thought of as the best phone on earth. I am confident though that when iOS 7 ships its going to be as smooth as iOS 6 was.

People think that betas are some kind of showcase. They download it– when they're not supposed to– see that they are glitches and bugs, then cry on forums.

iapplelove
Aug 24, 2013, 05:48 AM
couple days ago i restored both my ipads to ios6, getting ready to sell them. To be honest i don't miss ios7 too much. still going to update to final only cause it's the newest operating system apps will eventually just work better on it.

Sirious
Aug 24, 2013, 05:52 AM

I'm downgrading too. But I will definitely be back for the final release. I loved iOS 7 for the time that I've been using it :)

bbfc
Aug 24, 2013, 06:37 AM
I downgraded to iOS 6 and then went straight back to iOS 7.

I just couldn't cope with the look of iOS 6 - it's tacky, glossy and just ew! :D

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
Then stop beta testing if you're not a developer.

----------

People think that betas are some kind of showcase. They download it– when they're not supposed to– see that they are glitches and bugs, then cry on forums.

Whoa... "Cry on forums"? This is more of a "public discussion" and no, this whole time I've been using the betas (the very beginning) I've made it a point to not whine about a product that isn't finished yet.

thegrants82
Aug 24, 2013, 07:48 AM

LOL dont let the door hit you on the a**. Stop crying.

mavis
Aug 24, 2013, 07:49 AM

I agree. What's the point of confiding in a bunch of strangers how you feel about something so inconsequential?

Anyway, OP - I hope you're able to find satisfaction with whatever OS you decide to use.

MarcBook
Aug 24, 2013, 08:10 AM

I'm pretty certain he was being sarcastic. :o

adildacoolset
Aug 24, 2013, 08:11 AM
Whoa... "Cry on forums"? This is more of a "public discussion" and no, this whole time I've been using the betas (the very beginning) I've made it a point to not whine about a product that isn't finished yet.

But you are complaining right now, on this thread.

musika
Aug 24, 2013, 08:12 AM

Why not?

Tyler23
Aug 24, 2013, 08:24 AM
:) Ok, OP. Hope you get what you want with Android.

TPadden
Aug 24, 2013, 08:34 AM
Why not?

Because.

musika
Aug 24, 2013, 09:08 AM
Because.

"Because I said so." :o

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
:) Ok, OP. Hope you get what you want with Android.

That's the problem. iOS is what I want, but I want iOS 7 to retain the smoothness that it's known for. Because android is the inferior OS. So yeah, I don't want to go android.

----------

I'm pretty certain he was being sarcastic. :o

I'm glad SOMEBODY knows sarcasm when they see it.

braddick
Aug 24, 2013, 09:50 AM

Good point.
There would be 40% less internet if everyone followed that advice.

Tyler23
Aug 24, 2013, 09:52 AM
That's the problem. iOS is what I want, but I want iOS 7 to retain the smoothness that it's known for. Because android is the inferior OS. So yeah, I don't want to go android.

Then why use a beta? Oh yeah, they're known for being very smooth and stable. ;)

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good point.
There would be 40% less internet if everyone followed that advice.

Honesty, I was just trying to come up with something to talk about while we wait for GM or next beta. And yes, I went back to iOS 6, mostly for battery life.

CanesDrew
Aug 24, 2013, 10:19 AM

What do you want us to say? "NO! Please don't go!!!!!"

We don't care. Our lives go on. There will be plenty more behind you. When I left android for iOS, I posted a similar thread on XDA and got the same response. No one cares. Make your decision and move on. Apple doesn't care. Android and whatever phone manufacturer isn't going to shake your hand and blare fanfare when you buy your new phone. It's a phone.

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 10:37 AM
What do you want us to say? "NO! Please don't go!!!!!"

We don't care. Our lives go on. There will be plenty more behind you. When I left android for iOS, I posted a similar thread on XDA and got the same response. No one cares. Make your decision and move on. Apple doesn't care. Android and whatever phone manufacturer isn't going to shake your hand and blare fanfare when you buy your new phone. It's a phone.

But Apple DOES blow fanfare when you buy an iPhone. Apple rocks. ;)

MetalMatt24
Aug 24, 2013, 11:05 AM
wahhh I don't like io7, wahhh I'm going back to android, wahhhhh

is this place full of 4th grade children? :rolleyes:

TheRainKing
Aug 24, 2013, 11:12 AM
iOS 7 is too ugly. I'll stick with iOS 6 for as long as I can.

Mrg02d
Aug 24, 2013, 11:37 AM

What's wrong with 4graders?

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 11:38 AM

Yeah. You missed the point.

roadbloc
Aug 24, 2013, 11:40 AM
I think I missed it too. You downgraded to iOS 6... and you hope iOS 7 is smooth upon release or... you'll go Android? Or am I totally wrong here?

Orlandoech
Aug 24, 2013, 11:51 AM
I like some about iOS 7 but let's be real, it's not great or anything. It's pretty sub par.

----------

Nope just people with opinions like you. Get real.

Phillyfinest89
Aug 24, 2013, 12:04 PM
It's slow due to the debugging code running in the background(Beta). Once gm or final hits, system will be smooth as butter.

syphern
Aug 24, 2013, 12:05 PM
ios 7 is the reason I moved BACK to Apple! Apples ecosystem is the most superior, until Android gets the same apps ill stay with Apple.

Example - HTC ONE - top of the range android phone - ran Real Racing with low graphics!

I saw ios 7 and thought hmm Apple is doing something new here (I was sick of ios 6 look) and sold my HTC one for Iphone 5!

WhackyNinja
Aug 24, 2013, 12:25 PM
iOS 7 is too ugly. I'll stick with iOS 6 for as long as I can.

Basically til a Jailbreak comes out, thats what people who hate iOS 7 are waiting for

ajt1995
Aug 24, 2013, 12:43 PM
I think I missed it too. You downgraded to iOS 6... and you hope iOS 7 is smooth upon release or... you'll go Android? Or am I totally wrong here?

No. I am not going to android. I just want Apple to not lose one of the major reasons I love my iPhone. The major speed. The smoothness

Yeah, we have the best app ecosystem. But I want the smoothness.

mirzank
Aug 24, 2013, 01:47 PM
beta 1-3 were painfully slow on my 4s. but 4 onwards have just been super smooth. sure it might skip a frame here and there, but i'd prefer that to a laggy or slower usability experience. for me its just as fast as ios 6 or 5.

and this is a 4s i'm using as my daily driver. also its fully loaded with apps, and i've never set up as new since i got my iphone 3g. always use the same backup.
from waht i hear, betas have a lot of debugging going on and logs etc.so the final should be even quicker. i couldnt be happier with the speed.

the only things i think are "slower" than on ios 6 are multitasking and those godawful vertical safari tabs. safari tabs aren't "slow". jsut the experience is slow. i have to pay attentio nto which tab i'm on when the list shows up. and i'm constantly closing the wrong tabs. gui wise its fast.

Fenderf4i
Aug 24, 2013, 02:21 PM
I'm having the same experience with my 4S. No problems, runs quite smooth. Love it.

bushman4
Aug 25, 2013, 11:35 AM
IOS still needs some work and its obvious that its being rushed to make it available for the new IPhone. There will be many updates once it is released Its obvious that Apple is using iOs7 as its big fanfare in the next IPhone

JarScott
Aug 25, 2013, 12:16 PM
I smell someone who can't accept change. EMBRACE IT CHILD.

buck1127
Aug 25, 2013, 02:55 PM

Yes