Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
I want to share with you, that after realizing that there will be no Beta 7, I just decide today that I will downgrade to iOS 6.1.4. I installed all the iOS 7 betas and it was a great (although frustrating sometimes) experience. Using the betas would let me to a fresh install in a few weeks anyway, so better start sooner.

Anybody will go back in order to feel the excitement when the official (or GM) release arrives?

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Yep, i feel you there dude. I went back to 6.1.3 on my 4 eventhough iam a developer i just tested my app in progress and it works fine. But now i went back and waiting for the GM or final but i wont upgrade if the final is slow on the iPhone 4. On my iPad mini iOS 7 works okay but not as fast as iOS 6 was but still i already know the final on the mini would be as stable as iOS 6.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
OP- this is exactly what I said on my Instagram.

I tried to say the same thing in my thread, but it came out wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 190

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I havent gone back to iOS 7 because I would like to spend my last days with iOS 6 and the skeuomorphic design before it is time to move on :)

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I can respect the OP's decision, but after using iOS 7 for a few weeks, I can't stand looking at an iOS 6 device now. I'm completely hooked on 7.

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Another question came to my mind before the downgrade. Will apps be updated for the GM day or until the official (yet unknown date)?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I'm sure I'll go to iOS 7 when it's released and I've verified the apps I need work. If it wasn't for app instability (which is to be expected) I would have stayed on the betas longer.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
I want to share with you, that after realizing that there will be no Beta 7, I just decide today that I will downgrade to iOS 6.1.4. I installed all the iOS 7 betas and it was a great (although frustrating sometimes) experience. Using the betas would let me to a fresh install in a few weeks anyway, so better start sooner.

Anybody will go back in order to feel the excitement when the official (or GM) release arrives?

You know what. I was thinking of doing this. I didn't installed iOS 6 Beta when it was being tested for this reason. TBH with you, when I look at other peoples iPhones its so bland and boring....I doubt I can move back!

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
The only reason I went back to iOS 6 is because a few apps, which I use a lot, haven't been working since beta 5. Once the GM is released, I'll be upgrading.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
20 Days on iOS 4.

So that would mean 15 days between b7 and GM if they released b7 on Monday. I could see that happening with the tight iOS 7 schedule...

If they don't release b7 on Monday/Tuesday then I will be going back to iOS6 on my iPad until GM because b6 on iPad 2 is unusable (constant resprings/crashes).

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep iOS7 for iPad in beta longer since it is so unstable compared to the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.