PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Beta 7 today ?

Pages : [1] 2

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 11:43 AM
Edit 2: Well since apple didn't release anything yesterday let's hope that it will be released today
If not then there won't be anymore betas till GM

Edit 3: since the verge released an article stating that iOS7 will be released to the public on September 10th people have been speculating that we might see GM next week

Note: I will be going back to iOS6 if there is no new beta, just so that when the GM comes out I can appreciate it and feel its newness :)

iapplelove
Aug 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
no one knows man, but it's looking like a no.

thedeejay
Aug 24, 2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah next Monday beta 7, the Monday after that GM

SMIDG3T
Aug 24, 2013, 12:07 PM
no one knows man, but it's looking like a no.

No-one knows but wait until Tuesday night before deciding. If we don't get Beta 7 on the Monday or the Tuesday, then it's looking like a no.

I'm personally hoping it's released on Monday.

thegrants82
Aug 24, 2013, 12:09 PM
nope.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:11 PM
No-one knows but wait until Tuesday night before deciding. If we don't get Beta 7 on the Monday or the Tuesday, then it's looking like a no.

You and me both

wolsoncpa
Aug 24, 2013, 12:13 PM
... waiting for all the angry "how dare you bother to speculate on a beta release dates" posts.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:22 PM
... waiting for all the angry "how dare you bother to speculate on a beta release dates" posts.

Please don't trigger them ;)

ionjohn
Aug 24, 2013, 12:23 PM
Beta 7 monday or i'm going back to iOS 6, sick of apps not opening.

lancastor
Aug 24, 2013, 12:23 PM
No more betas because they contoins too much iPhone 5S informations.

Next release is the GM on September 10th.

bbfc
Aug 24, 2013, 12:25 PM

Then stop using the beta and go back to iOS 6 if it's such a problem.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:26 PM

Aparently a lot of people on the forums (including WackyNinja) have already put there bets on no, but I still have faith.......

WhackyNinja
Aug 24, 2013, 12:26 PM
I'm not expecting a Beta 7 release, it will be straight to GM from here.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm not expecting a Beta 7 release, it will be straight to GM from here.

Why not

wolsoncpa
Aug 24, 2013, 12:29 PM
Please don't trigger them ;)

I wish it were that simple. The mere sight of this thread will throw them into an angry fit of rage that will result in an avalanche of anti-speculation rants. Argh.

WhackyNinja
Aug 24, 2013, 12:32 PM
Why not

Cause usually the last beta release is a longer time before the GM.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:35 PM
I wish it were that simple. The mere sight of this thread will throw them into an angry fit of rage that will result in an avalanche of anti-speculation rants. Argh.

Still don't get why they do that, I mean, isn't a thread meant to be a place where people discuss any topic they want to and ask for opinions, if u or I don't like a thread or think its useless then we should just keep it to our selves and move on, it's not of our right to just keep on posting hate on their threads

wolsoncpa
Aug 24, 2013, 12:41 PM
Still don't get why they do that, I mean, isn't a thread meant to be a place where people discuss any topic they want to and ask for opinions, if u or I don't like a thread or think its useless then we should just keep it to our selves and move on, it's not of our right to just keep on posting hate on their threads

Well said. There are a ton of threads I have no interest in so I just don't read them. I'm not sure why people are so upset... it just makes no sense at all to say one topic is worthy of discussion and another is not on an open message board like this.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 12:49 PM
Well said. There are a ton of threads I have no interest in so I just don't read them. I'm not sure why people are so upset... it just makes no sense at all to say one topic is worthy of discussion and another is not on an open message board like this.

Ikr, do u think there will be a beta 7 in two days ?

haydn!
Aug 24, 2013, 12:56 PM
I don't know if Apple need another beta or not. The bugs people are experiencing now could all be fixed with the GM release. There's nothing outstanding (as far as I know) that would prevent a developer from updating/testing their apps, which ultimately is what the beta versions are for.

ionjohn
Aug 24, 2013, 01:00 PM
Then stop using the beta and go back to iOS 6 if it's such a problem.

Can't you read? That's exactly what I said I was gonna do hahaha

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
I don't know if Apple need another beta or not. The bugs people are experiencing now could all be fixed with the GM release. There's nothing outstanding (as far as I know) that would prevent a developer from updating/testing their apps, which ultimately is what the beta versions are for.

You are kinda right, it's still fun waiting for a new beta though ;)

wolsoncpa
Aug 24, 2013, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna guess no more betas.

Hook1903
Aug 24, 2013, 02:34 PM
I think,we'll see beta 7 before the GM

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 02:57 PM
I think,we'll see beta 7 before the GM

Mee too

Krissypantz2828
Aug 24, 2013, 03:17 PM

This is too funny! I was actually waiting for that too...but then again Im only half way done scrolling through the thread :P

whocaresit
Aug 24, 2013, 03:17 PM
I want a beta 7. I wish they didn't release the beta 6 hot fix and I blame BGR for that. :(

Krissypantz2828
Aug 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
I think they should release one, but than again the GM is only 2 weeks away from this Tuesday right?? If so it wouldnt make sense..looks like our beta testing phase is over :( Just when I was getting into it too!

dcp10
Aug 24, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm in the no more beta camp. An extended period between final beta and GM is pretty typical.

WhackyNinja
Aug 24, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm in the no more beta camp. An extended period between final beta and GM is pretty typical.

Im still going to keep my eyes open JUST in case but...90% that there wont be a Beta 7 imo.

Paddle1
Aug 24, 2013, 04:33 PM
I hope there is a beta 7, but there is less than 20 days until Sept. 10th so it seems kind of unlikely now.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 04:36 PM
Im still going to keep my eyes open JUST in case but...90% that there wont be a Beta 7 imo.

Idk it just seems unlikely that they won't, judging by the performance on the iPhone 4

WhackyNinja
Aug 24, 2013, 04:41 PM
I hope there is a beta 7, but there is less than 20 days until Sept. 10th so it seems kind of unlikely now.

If there was going to be a Beta 7 it was suppose to be out this past week. After that it seems very unlikely.

----------

Idk it just seems unlikely that they won't, judging by the performance on the iPhone 4

Usually the oldest phone that supports the new version of iOS seems to be the worst in performance. Most likely all the bugs and problems will be ironed out by the iOS 7.0.1 release.

dsiiist
Aug 24, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'd still put my last bets on Monday or Tuesday

benji888
Aug 24, 2013, 07:48 PM

I think beta 7 sometime this week, probably Mon or Tue, second guess: Friday.

If nothing this week, then I'm all wrong and GM is next on ? day.

In any case, maybe iPhone GM and iPad GM released at different times, since iPad was started later. If we get a beta 7, maybe only for iPad...we get iPad beta 7/iPhone GM same time??

who knows :confused: at this point?

BuCkDoG
Aug 24, 2013, 07:59 PM
I believe the Beta 7 update will be on Tuesday at 1:00 pm EST. This is what I've heard from various reliable sources.

Gogurt48
Aug 24, 2013, 08:31 PM
I believe the Beta 7 update will be on Tuesday at 1:00 pm EST. This is what I've heard from various reliable sources.

But how do we know you're a reliable source? :)

Smwdesigns
Aug 24, 2013, 09:22 PM

He must work with Apple. 😏😎

narutoninjakid
Aug 24, 2013, 09:46 PM
Might be no one knows for sure

bushman4
Aug 25, 2013, 02:42 AM
Most likely we've seen all the betas and now the Polishing and adding of features Apple didn't want out yet are being put in for the GM.

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 06:44 AM

Well considering where I work, I believe this is a VERY accurate description. ;)

SMIDG3T
Aug 25, 2013, 06:53 AM
Well considering where I work, I believe this is a VERY accurate description. ;)

Where do you work?

Expect NO-ONE to believe you until you say where.

otismotive77
Aug 25, 2013, 06:59 AM
well, there's still some time before we see the 5S, so there are some chances that we might see one more BETA version before the public release.

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
Where do you work?

Expect NO-ONE to believe you until you say where.

I work at Apple. I tend to know these things beforehand.

famoussasjohn
Aug 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
Since all the other threads concerning this issue have died out, I've decided to make my own.

We have exactly 17 days left till GM (if the rumors are true) and a decent amount of bugs, what do u guys think ?

I know one thing is for sure, BGR will report the beta will be out tomorrow to get those views.

Gogurt48
Aug 25, 2013, 10:20 AM

Which store do you work at?

whiteshadoww
Aug 25, 2013, 10:26 AM

Yeah - I am as well. Those idiots who spend their time on these type posts complaining that "only Apple knows" or "when it come out it will come out"!

Dude if you don't like speculating and guessing like we do, STAY AWAY FROM THESE TYPE OF POSTS!!

----------

No more betas because they contoins too much iPhone 5S informations.

Next release is the GM on September 10th.

That's a really interesting point I had not considered. There may be too much info related to the fingerprint sensor.

boshii
Aug 25, 2013, 10:27 AM

The fact that you list what products you own in your signature leads me to believe you don't.

Only fanboys think other people care what you own.

SMIDG3T
Aug 25, 2013, 11:41 AM

Really? You expect us to believe that?

You work at a store or the HQ?

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 12:28 PM
The fact that you list what products you own in your signature leads me to believe you don't.

Only fanboys think other people care what you own.

Your assumption that I don't work at Apple is because of my products listed in my signature? Now thats very interesting.. Just because I work at Apple doesn't mean I have to own every single product and the latest version of it. Our discounts are not that amazing, plus I don't need to own every single updated product. But just to clarify, I did use my one bi yearly discount on my Retina MacBook Pro to save a whopping 40%.

@SMIDG3T - I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. I'm not here to prove to you or anyone else that I work at Apple. Its really not a big deal. What kind of Value do I get out of it by lying to you?...... None. But to answer your question, I am a Store Leader in the New England Area.

Gogurt48
Aug 25, 2013, 12:39 PM

I am a Store Leader in the New England Area.

Does Apple really give Store Leaders a heads-up on its beta release schedule?

Tmelon
Aug 25, 2013, 12:42 PM

That was my first thought. How does a new beta for developers affect store leaders?

BasicGreatGuy
Aug 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
I highly doubt that Apple headquarters calls retail stores to inform store leaders, that a new beta will be released to developers on a certain day.

haydn!
Aug 25, 2013, 01:00 PM
I highly doubt that Apple headquarters calls retail stores to inform store leaders, that a new beta will be released to developers on a certain day.

No, you're right. They probably use email. It is 2013 and all.

dcp10
Aug 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
Playing devils advocate here. It might make since from a staffing perspective for the stores to have heads up since they provide support to devs too. That said, j still think another beta is unlikely, too close to the GM release now.

SMIDG3T
Aug 25, 2013, 01:19 PM
I can't remember or not if I've already posted on this thread so I'm going to presume I haven't as there are tons of threads on Beta 7.

I can't understand how people think there will be NO more beta's.

Wait until late on Tuesday. If we don't have Beta 7 by then, it's safe to presume there will be no more beta's.

We still have Monday and Tuesday yet.

I'm pretty sure we will get Beta 7.

ionjohn
Aug 25, 2013, 01:32 PM

No you don't.

shenan1982
Aug 25, 2013, 02:15 PM
I love how all of a sudden RETAIL employees have become "experts" because they can download the betas just like the actual experts. LOL. If they had a developer's brain, they wouldn't be working in a friggin retail store, lol

----------

No you don't.

Precisely. Apple retail employees\managers famous line is "We don't know when we're getting a new product until we open the box and see it" ... it's always been that way, and always will be. Retail in any company is the lowest men on the totem pole, and will NEVER EVER be privy to any sensitive information before the general public. Period. It's like if McDonalds is developing a new recipe, do you think they're going to share those plans with the guy working in the restaurant frying the fries? It's funny how Apple retail employees have a sense of empowerment when they can't take a dump without asking their manager. LOL!

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 02:29 PM
No you don't.

Im glad you think I don't. Once again, Im not here to prove myself to you or anyone else. Think what you want.

As far as everyone else is concerned, Beta 7 will be released to developers this Tuesday 8-27-13 @ 1:00 pm EDT. This will be the final Beta before the GM is released.

@shenan1982 - I find it hilarious that you compare Apple to McDonalds with regards to Retail. Apple's Retail business and the way we run our operations is very different that your typical retail environment. Granted, most of my employees are not privy to any information about product releases or services any earlier than the public besides a couple of days for training purposes, but I will assure you that Store Leaders and above ARE included in weekly emails and monthly meetings about products, services, etc ahead of time for proper planning, staffing, marketing, etc.

@Tmelon - A new beta for Developers does not affect Store Leaders as we generally don't discuss or service beta products or assist with issues with regards to betas. However, we are aware of these updates ahead of time as we generally get calls/questions about the product. Most Leaders won't publicly discuss this as there is really no need to, but this is the policy current set forth within the CoC.

JetBlack7
Aug 25, 2013, 02:37 PM
I'm thinking Monday the 2nd GM, and then Tuesday the 10th official release.

vigilant
Aug 25, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'd say if there isn't one by Tuesday then don't expect one till release on September 10.

Nothing has been consistent since the development center outtage

buck1127
Aug 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
Im glad you think I don't. Once again, Im not here to prove myself to you or anyone else. Think what you want.

As far as everyone else is concerned, Beta 7 will be released to developers this Tuesday 8-27-13 @ 1:00 pm EDT. This will be the final Beta before the GM is released.

@shenan1982 - I find it hilarious that you compare Apple to McDonalds with regards to Retail. Apple's Retail business and the way we run our operations is very different that your typical retail environment. Granted, most of my employees are not privy to any information about product releases or services any earlier than the public besides a couple of days for training purposes, but I will assure you that Store Leaders and above ARE included in weekly emails and monthly meetings about products, services, etc ahead of time for proper planning, staffing, marketing, etc.

@Tmelon - A new beta for Developers does not affect Store Leaders as we generally don't discuss or service beta products or assist with issues with regards to betas. However, we are aware of these updates ahead of time as we generally get calls/questions about the product. Most Leaders won't publicly discuss this as there is really no need to, but this is the policy current set forth within the CoC.

I definately agree with you and I think that's the normal structure of any Corporate business. Every business with a product wants to wow the consumer. And if we know everything about it and it takes the wow factor. Apple employees are consumers too.

JetBlack7
Aug 25, 2013, 02:46 PM

Just by saying that you work there, don't expect people to believe it. I could say I work for Lamborghini and be true and people might not believe it.

I'm also not saying that you're lying, but I'll wait to see what's coming up this week to check that out.

vigilant
Aug 25, 2013, 02:58 PM
Just by saying that you work there, don't expect people to believe it. I could say I work for Lamborghini and be true and people might not believe it.

I'm also not saying that you're lying, but I'll wait to see what's coming up this week to check that out.

I worked there for years during college. I know that there were closed door meetings on a weekly basis that no one fully understood. There was also trips for regional managers where rough roadmap of things would be discussed.

Apple Retail is unlike anything you may have experienced in retail. It's not glamorous, but you'd be surprised at what happens in stores.

zbarvian
Aug 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
Your assumption that I don't work at Apple is because of my products listed in my signature? Now thats very interesting.. Just because I work at Apple doesn't mean I have to own every single product and the latest version of it. Our discounts are not that amazing, plus I don't need to own every single updated product. But just to clarify, I did use my one bi yearly discount on my Retina MacBook Pro to save a whopping 40%.

@SMIDG3T - I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. I'm not here to prove to you or anyone else that I work at Apple. Its really not a big deal. What kind of Value do I get out of it by lying to you?...... None. But to answer your question, I am a Store Leader in the New England Area.

So working in retail makes you privy to inside developer knowledge at Apple HQ? Riiigggghhhhtttt.

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
So working in retail makes you privy to inside developer knowledge at Apple HQ? Riiigggghhhhtttt.

Please read my last post as that will help you understand. Thank You.

dsiiist
Aug 25, 2013, 04:00 PM
Please read my last post as that will help you understand. Thank You.

I believe u dude, although.................. U might be a troll ?!

shenan1982
Aug 25, 2013, 04:02 PM
I worked there for years during college. I know that there were closed door meetings on a weekly basis that no one fully understood. There was also trips for regional managers where rough roadmap of things would be discussed.

Apple Retail is unlike anything you may have experienced in retail. It's not glamorous, but you'd be surprised at what happens in stores.

Apple retail is not what it was 10 years ago when you likely worked there. Back then it was entrepreneurial and now it's as with any other retail.

ionjohn
Aug 25, 2013, 04:02 PM

We'll make sure you get a ban if beta 7 isn't out by tuesday 1pm EST

vigilant
Aug 25, 2013, 04:10 PM
Apple retail is not what it was 10 years ago when you likely worked there. Back then it was entrepreneurial and now it's as with any other retail.

It is and it isn't.

I know several people that still work there several of them now running stores.

The "Mac Specialists" role seems to not be what it use to be. The management and handling of getting people up and running on new things doesn't seem that different.

I don't know anything specifically but I'd imagine with release dates what we are expecting, allocations are probably being taken out of inventory to get one or two. "Training devices" setup for employees. I'd imagine that probably certain leads have been given access to builds as well.

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:14 PM

Highly doubt it...

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 04:14 PM
We'll make sure you get a ban if beta 7 isn't out by tuesday 1pm EST

I think your missing the point within this entire discussion. Going back to my original post, I commented saying that from reliable sources, I was told that Beta 7 was going to be released this Tuesday @ 1:00 pm EDT. I am not going on record stating that its 100% going to happen, but from what I was told, this is indeed the release date of it. I'm flattered at your response though. It just shows your immaturity.

haydn!
Aug 25, 2013, 04:16 PM
Jeez. Retail managers being giving insight to future campaigns, products and initiatives is not unique to Apple. It happens at every major retailer, just no other is as obsessed over or scrutinised as Apple.

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:19 PM
Jeez. Retail managers being giving insight to future campaigns, products and initiatives is not unique to Apple. It happens at every major retailer, just no other is as obsessed over or scrutinised as Apple.

But beta schedules don't affect the operation of a store and therefore it'd be pointless for a manager to receive such information. Apple has seeded the betas to select store employees though.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/18/apple-expands-os-x-mavericks-testing-to-retail-ios-7-to-cupertino-locals-for-feedback/

Gogurt48
Aug 25, 2013, 04:20 PM

This is interesting stuff. I certainly hope you're right about beta 7. I really think we need one more before the GM.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 04:23 PM
Betas and GM builds seem to be released to whose Apple calls "partners", before they reach dev center...
So thinking that some of these "partners" are employees or store manager, and that they are aware of the future of the builds they're actually testing seems perfectly logical to me.

But of course, time will tell !

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:26 PM

Why do managers need to have proper planning, staffing, and marketing for a new beta of an OS that isn't even available to the public yet?

----------

Betas and GM builds seem to be released to whose Apple calls "partners", before they reach dev center...
So thinking that some of these "partners" are employees or store manager, and that they are aware of the future of the builds they're actually testing seems perfectly logical to me.

But of course, time will tell !

Just because they get it first (which is usually the same day within a couple hours before developers) doesn't mean they know ahead of time.

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 04:27 PM
This is interesting stuff. I certainly hope you're right about beta 7. I really think we need one more before the GM.

From what information I was given Gogurt, you should expect to see the Beta this week, most likely Tuesday.

@batting1000 - If you read the post correctly, I wasn't referring to proper planning, staffing, marketing for the beta updates. I was talking in general terms about product releases and updates with regards to retail operations, not beta updates.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 04:33 PM
Why do managers need to have proper planning, staffing, and marketing for a new beta of an OS that isn't even available to the public yet?

----------

Just because they get it first (which is usually the same day within a couple hours before developers) doesn't mean they know ahead of time.

Right, but I hope that a compagny like Apple gives more informations on these things to its employees or partners than to thousands "unknown" apps developers...

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 04:37 PM
Right, but I hope that a compagny like Apple gives more informations on these things to its employees or partners than to thousands "unknown" apps developers...

You would be surprised what information is dolled out to who and when. I also mentioned this before as well, we do have some information about different topics or areas of services, but we generally don't discuss them with the public.

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:37 PM
From what information I was given Gogurt, you should expect to see the Beta this week, most likely Tuesday.

@batting1000 - If you read the post correctly, I wasn't referring to proper planning, staffing, marketing for the beta updates. I was talking in general terms about product releases and updates with regards to retail operations, not beta updates.

Well then why would they need to be informed of when betas will be released if not for the reasons you listed?

I don't know, I don't see why it'd be necessary. Apple moves at it's own pace and they wouldn't want anyone upset or angry if there were to be a setback and a date was not met.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 04:39 PM
You would be surprised what information is dolled out to who and when. I also mentioned this before as well, we do have some information about different topics or areas of services, but we generally don't discuss them with the public.

Yes, that's what I mean in my post ! I don't doubt about what you told us.
Sorry if I was unclear, english is not my langage..

wolsoncpa
Aug 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
This whole discussion is making me laugh now. Is he or isn't he an Apple employee with inside info? We may or may not ever find out. :-)

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, that's what I mean in my post ! I don't doubt about what you told us.
Sorry if I was unclear, english is not my langage..

I totally understood ZeeDD. I was only acknowledging your statement. ;)

@batting1000 - Only a select few first off are aware of the updates, not every single employee in the store. Secondly, we also complete testing and submit information back to HQ. This is public knowledge that most people are aware of.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well then why would they need to be informed of when betas will be released if not for the reasons you listed?

I don't know, I don't see why it'd be necessary. Apple moves at it's own pace and they wouldn't want anyone upset or angry if there were to be a setback and a date was not met.

My thought is that employees and partners will sell new products, so they need to have premium informations, training, etc... To be ready for their "mission" when time comes.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems logical to me...

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:49 PM
My thought is that employees and partners will sell new products, so they need to have premium informations, training, etc... To be ready for their "mission" when time comes.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems logical to me...

Apple already does training for the software prior to it's launch. I just don't see how store managers having advanced knowledge of when a new beta will be out will help them with training and such.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 04:57 PM
Apple already does training for the software prior to it's launch. I just don't see how store managers having advanced knowledge of when a new beta will be out will help them with training and such.

Because (perhaps) that some of them are also testing builds, and Apple asks them to "submit their feedback before a specific date in order to release the build to devs for larger testing"... ?

Once again, I could be wrong but it could be one of the hypothesis...

But lets wait and see... I think it is the best thing to do for now 😊

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 04:59 PM
Because (perhaps) that some of them are also testing builds, and Apple asks them to "submit their feedback before a specific date in order to release the build to devs for larger testing"... ?

Once again, I could be wrong but it could be one of the hypothesis...

I doubt store employees or managers are given internal builds. Internal builds are probably reserved for engineers and the like.

ZeeDD
Aug 25, 2013, 05:02 PM
I doubt store employees or managers are given internal builds. Internal builds are probably reserved for engineers and the like.

You're probably right. But if beta 7 exists, it will be one of the last builds, so testing plan could be a bit different...?

Ok, Time to sleep here in France ! Thanks for this conversation guys. Talk to you later.

Chazz08
Aug 25, 2013, 05:05 PM

I did a clean install of iOS 7, and it works GREAT! My battery is AMAZING now too. It went down only 5% with wifi enabled in almost 3 hours.

kaiseryeahhh
Aug 25, 2013, 05:14 PM
Please Apple send a beta 7, mínimum for the iPad 3, the beta6 it's a Buggy, laggy...

haydn!
Aug 25, 2013, 05:14 PM
But beta schedules don't affect the operation of a store and therefore it'd be pointless for a manager to receive such information. Apple has seeded the betas to select store employees though.

Why is it pointless? Because you say so? I bet you anybody who works in corporate affairs or internal communications will beg to differ on your opinion.

It's not just about how it affects the operation of the store, it's about keeping your staff in the loop and prepared. It builds trust and keeps staff engaged, and engaged staff are generally more motivated and productive.

Shawzborne
Aug 25, 2013, 05:18 PM
Ikr, do u think there will be a beta 7 in two days ?

Ya iOS 7 beta 20 tomorrow confirmed lmao

ionjohn
Aug 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
I did a clean install of iOS 7, and it works GREAT! My battery is AMAZING now too. It went down only 5% with wifi enabled in almost 3 hours.

I shall do the same once the 7th beta is out

C DM
Aug 25, 2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah - I am as well. Those idiots who spend their time on these type posts complaining that "only Apple knows" or "when it come out it will come out"!

Dude if you don't like speculating and guessing like we do, STAY AWAY FROM THESE TYPE OF POSTS!!

----------

That's a really interesting point I had not considered. There may be too much info related to the fingerprint sensor.Funny how more time has been spent in this thread attacking "naysayers" (and calling them "idiots" is oh so classy and totally drives the point home) than anyone actually posting anything that would fall into that "naysayer" category. :rolleyes:

Considering where this thread (and many other ones like it) has headed everyone can definitely see the usefulness of such discussions, even to those who simply want to guess and read about other guesses. Yeah, I'm sure reading page after page about people bickering whether or not someone works for Apple is useful to most or even to some.

boshii
Aug 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
But just to clarify, I did use my one bi yearly discount on my Retina MacBook Pro to save a whopping 40%.

I actually ordered around 80 machines for higher education which is how I got such a steep discount. But to be honest guys, I had scoured eBay many days in a row and many people are offering that specific machines brand new at that price.

I bought mine on ebay and even picked it up locally from the women!

So which is it?

jbenkelman
Aug 25, 2013, 05:50 PM
This whole discussion is making me laugh now. Is he or isn't he an Apple employee with inside info? We may or may not ever find out. :-)

Half of me hopes he's right so that the people ripping him apart for adding to a "rumor" board with his information about...wait for it...a rumor, can go eat their words.

The other half hopes he's a troll and has all of these people up in arms for fun.

Either way he rocks.

Sonnestah
Aug 25, 2013, 06:05 PM
So which is it?

none, obviously

engelke2010
Aug 25, 2013, 06:07 PM
So if there is little hope of a Beta 7, what is going to happen with the iPad getting iOS 7 with all of the problems I have read? Will the update be only for iPhone and iPod Touch?

boshii
Aug 25, 2013, 06:09 PM
So if there is little hope of a Beta 7, what is going to happen with the iPad getting iOS 7 with all of the problems I have read? Will the update be only for iPhone and iPod Touch?

It's been rumored that the iPad iOS 7 release will be delayed a month and debut with the new hardware.

MozMan68
Aug 25, 2013, 06:19 PM
I hope it happens...today I'm suddenly experience battery drain and a hot phone. Went from 100% to nothing in a couple of hours with no use!

BuCkDoG
Aug 25, 2013, 06:28 PM
So which is it?

First off, I don't have to explain myself to you but since you asked, I will. I originally ordered around 80 machines for Yale University as an education assistance program which they ordered from my Retail Store Location. Trying to avoid using my bi yearly discount, I scoured ebay to try to find the machine I wanted around the price I could get it at with my discount. I did such that and was happily satisfied. Come to find out, I actually needed more SSD space internally and didn't want the hassle of tethering externally, so I sold the machine and bought the correct one internally. Hope that clears things up for you since your so curious about my intentions.

batting1000
Aug 25, 2013, 06:31 PM
Why is it pointless? Because you say so? I bet you anybody who works in corporate affairs or internal communications will beg to differ on your opinion.

It's not just about how it affects the operation of the store, it's about keeping your staff in the loop and prepared. It builds trust and keeps staff engaged, and engaged staff are generally more motivated and productive.

Obviously it's not because I say so. :roll eyes:

I'm not denying that Apple doesn't seed the betas to employees because we know they do and I agree that that's helpful and whatnot. What I am saying is that Apple telling employees/managers when the betas will be out (in advance) isn't very useful. I don't see why they need to know in advance when new betas will be out. iOS 7 is still in beta so there's nothing that beta schedule could prepare employees for. I'm sure as the release gets closer that Apple will be preparing it's employees for the public release if they haven't already, but what does a beta release schedule do before that happens?

HeyKatie
Aug 25, 2013, 06:43 PM
THe only thing we can really do it wait until Tuesday at 1:00!

vigilant
Aug 25, 2013, 06:44 PM
THe only thing we can really do it wait until Tuesday at 1:00!

You're really taking the fun out of speculation

dsiiist
Aug 25, 2013, 07:18 PM
You're really taking the fun out of speculation

Yep

charlituna
Aug 25, 2013, 07:28 PM
I want a beta 7. I wish they didn't release the beta 6 hot fix and I blame BGR for that. :(

I wish they didn't release it either. Because it was a dud for me and many folks I know. Followed the steps to the letter and all we got was all our downloads wiped out. Oh and now show all doesn't etc.

----------

Why. Apple does what Apple wants. They release another beta tomorrow and get another the week after that. They could have the event in the 10th, release yet another beta which would be the GM and have the hardware and public release a couple of weeks after that. So what that it's not in keeping with the past. It wouldn't be the first time they did that. Remember the summer release of the iPhone 4S, remember the spring release of the iPad 4. Just like how they always do it

johnparjr
Aug 26, 2013, 12:22 AM
We have exactly 17 days left till GM (if the rumors are true) and a decent amount of bugs, what do u guys think ?

Edit: Since next Tuesday there will be exactly two weeks left till September 10th (GM) it might also be released on Tuesday rather than tomorrow. But if it doesn't get released on those two days then I'd be 90% sure that the iOS7 beta testing phase is over, but then again, Apple can do whatever it wants.

Note: I will be going back to iOS6 if there is no new beta, just so that when the GM comes out I can appreciate it and feel its newness :)

Our version of the beta might be buggy but the apple guys aren't running what we are they are builds ahead of anything the developers get.

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
I wish they didn't release it either. Because it was a dud for me and many folks I know. Followed the steps to the letter and all we got was all our downloads wiped out. Oh and now show all doesn't etc.

----------

Why. Apple does what Apple wants. They release another beta tomorrow and get another the week after that. They could have the event in the 10th, release yet another beta which would be the GM and have the hardware and public release a couple of weeks after that. So what that it's not in keeping with the past. It wouldn't be the first time they did that. Remember the summer release of the iPhone 4S, remember the spring release of the iPad 4. Just like how they always do it

iPad 4 came out in the Fall and same for 4S.

ionjohn
Aug 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
If we get a 7th beta this week, can't imagine how flawlessly it'll run.

benji888
Aug 26, 2013, 12:56 AM
I hope it happens...today I'm suddenly experience battery drain and a hot phone. Went from 100% to nothing in a couple of hours with no use!

When this happens, something is running in the background...and, beta not being stable yet, it could be any of a number of things including, but not limited to...it's in a spot where it has fringe reception (1 bar, or switching between 1/no service)...an app not updated for ios 7 is running in background or running location services in background...location services was doing odd things for me in a previous beta...going to settings and turning location service off for each app off then the ones I needed back on solved this...iCloud keychain is still buggy...if you started to set it up, but didn't finish, go into it and get it turned off (or set it up, turn on).

If your iPhone is very warm, get rid of all apps in multitasking area, power cycle the phone...if not better, try some of above.

A power cycle can solve many issues, especially with a not yet stable OS, and apps not updated for it yet.

BvizioN
Aug 26, 2013, 01:53 AM

Usually most complains I have seen here are to do with several threads of exactly the same subject! Now if there would be another 10 threads in this forum asking about the beta 7, but slightly in a different way and all over the place, it would be a bit messy and time consuming browsing through them as that means threads you may be interested on reading have been pushed on previous pages.

On the topic, I think we will see beta 7 either today or tomorrow.

dsiiist
Aug 26, 2013, 04:44 AM
7 hours and 15 minutes left...........
That is of course if they do release it today

gpc17
Aug 26, 2013, 05:38 AM
I think today or tomorow at 1.. If not ... Forget beta7..:eek::eek:

Stalyn
Aug 26, 2013, 07:38 AM
Eminem new single and beta 7 tomorrow. I will bust in myself if it happen.

shenfrey
Aug 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
Only thing I know (99% certain) that the GM will be announced at their press conferences. Wether there will be another beta before then, nobody knows but Apple.

Sir Ruben
Aug 26, 2013, 07:48 AM

as in 'bust a nut'? :confused:

SMIDG3T
Aug 26, 2013, 07:55 AM

Yes! I totally agree!!

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 08:24 AM

Who's Eminem?

Nah, I know who he is. I just wanted to see the look on your face. Dang, I can't see the look on your face.

JetBlack7
Aug 26, 2013, 08:41 AM

I see what you're saying, and it may be true. But If I may, what was your position there? What did you do?

bchery21
Aug 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
Im glad you think I don't. Once again, Im not here to prove myself to you or anyone else. Think what you want...

Hey BuCkDoG, haters are gonna hate; I believe you...

Saberon
Aug 26, 2013, 09:17 AM
If we don't see it Monday/Tues then I think its safe to forget a beta 7

MartyBeez
Aug 26, 2013, 09:22 AM
@BuCkDoG, would you mind sharing some more insight information please? ;) :)

CanesDrew
Aug 26, 2013, 09:25 AM
Our version of the beta might be buggy but the apple guys aren't running what we are they are builds ahead of anything the developers get.

The bottom line is that YOU don't know. I don't know. No one knows. Apple does what Apple wants to do. Anyone pretending to know is either an idiot or pretentious or BOTH!

If it happens today or tomorrow, great. If it doesn't happen at all, wonderful. So what? If not getting another beta drives you away from Apple, I won't lose sleep and neither will Johnny Ive.

Finally, if you're "beta testing" just to get another beta, then you aren't actually beta testing. You're simply using your seemingly privilege to show everyone else that you have someone they don't. Woohoo, you win at life.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 09:28 AM
The bottom line is that YOU don't know. I don't know. No one knows. Apple does what Apple wants to do. Anyone pretending to know is either an idiot or pretentious or BOTH!

If it happens today or tomorrow, great. If it doesn't happen at all, wonderful. So what? If not getting another beta drives you away from Apple, I won't lose sleep and neither will Johnny Ive.

Finally, if you're "beta testing" just to get another beta, then you aren't actually beta testing. You're simply using your seemingly privilege to show everyone else that you have someone they don't. Woohoo, you win at life.But if you try to guess every single day that a new beta might come out, and then after many days there might be one that actually gets released...well, then it's like you knew since you "predicted" it...and that totally makes you like awesome and stuff, and everyone like talks about you and how cool you are and stuff.

petvas
Aug 26, 2013, 09:33 AM
I have no idea if beta 7 will come today, but my feeling says that it will come. Of course I don't base that on any valid information, it is just my feeling. I guess we will find out soon.

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 09:56 AM
I have no idea if beta 7 will come today, but my feeling says that it will come. Of course I don't base that on any valid information, it is just my feeling. I guess we will find out soon.

I can feel it in my waters! :D

I hope it does come today.

buck1127
Aug 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
I can feel it in my waters! :D

I hope it does come today.

If you feel something if your waters maybe you should see a doctor about that lmao

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 09:58 AM
If you feel something if your waters maybe you should see a doctor about that lmao

Perhaps it's a bug I have? :D

buck1127
Aug 26, 2013, 09:59 AM
Perhaps it's a bug I have? :D

It's a possibility lol maybe the apple bug lol

Saberon
Aug 26, 2013, 10:03 AM
2 hours till disappointment!

Cougarcat
Aug 26, 2013, 10:06 AM
2 hours till disappointment!

Expect disappointment and you won't be dissapointed!

MartyBeez
Aug 26, 2013, 10:12 AM
They might release the beta 7 to please the biggest group ever of people interested in and running iOS beta software; keeping the buzz alive!

EricSjos
Aug 26, 2013, 10:20 AM
Yea it won't be coming today, that's for sure.

Something would have been posted by now.

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 10:23 AM

We've been surprised in the past. Wasn't Beta 5 a complete surprise?

iproductsuser
Aug 26, 2013, 10:24 AM

What? Nobody knows til 1pm EST.

cmChimera
Aug 26, 2013, 10:36 AM
I have an LG screen and have never had an issue with it ever. Just keep whatever one you feel most comfortable with and enjoy the goodness.

I have an Early 2013 and have had no ghosting issues at all. I have a Samsung screen.

Someone enjoys lying.

whocaresit
Aug 26, 2013, 10:41 AM
Looks like it's not gonna happen today :(

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/08/26/ios-7-beta-7-release-chances-today/http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/ios-7-beta-7-checking-receives-error.jpg
It might come out after all, maybe.

Rooster411
Aug 26, 2013, 10:45 AM
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/08/26/ios-7-beta-7-release-chances-today/Image (http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/ios-7-beta-7-checking-receives-error.jpg)
It might come out after all, maybe.

I got that message often while obsessively checking for updates.. Lol

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM

Why you say that?

ionjohn
Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM

Once again, no one knowns until 1 pm EST

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 10:53 AM
That was my first thought. How does a new beta for developers affect store leaders?

It doesn't. They don't use beta software on in store devices because they don't bent the stores showing it to customers and having it do something like respring and show a bug to the public.

They don't support beta software in store so they don't need to know that it's coming.

The only store leaders that would know would be those that paid to be developers and they wouldn't be told ahead of time but would find out with the rest of us, when it shows up

BuCkDoG
Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 AM
Someone enjoys lying.

Someone enjoys not being able to understand that my screen was replaced. I didn't have any issue a with either screen but had it replaced due to a dead pixel. Thanks for trying to be my forum fanboy though!

VSMacOne
Aug 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
Notice how BGR hasn't said anything else about this? lol.

At this point it could go either way. If the leaks were true and there were 6 betas planned, we should see another on before the GM (since beta 6 was an emergency update). I feel like beta 6 is still buggy so there should be another beta to address this, but Apple might address everything in the GM.

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
Playing devils advocate here. It might make since from a staffing perspective for the stores to have heads up since they provide support to devs too.

No they don't. You walk in with iOS 7 or mavericks on your gear and it's not something that is 100% hardware like a busted screen, liquid on your keyboard etc and policy is that they send you home to contact developer support via your portal log in. A few stores might offer to DFU and revert the phone for you if you are okay with the risk your phone might brick etc. A few that know you as a legit person might be okay with swapping you if it's one of those 'could go either way' issues but the rule is no, they don't support. Thus they need no heads up.

bgro
Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 AM
I also have a "feeling" that it's coming today. Just a wild gut feeling guess but nevertheless, I think we will be seeing Beta 7 today.

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 11:00 AM
Apple retail employees\managers famous line is "We don't know when we're getting a new product until we open the box and see it" ... it's always been that way, and always will be.

It's likely not a line. Retail employees are the most likely source of leaks (look at all the stuff that comes from store meetings that you can bet started with 'remember this is confidential so don't tell anyone’). Plus Apple is a publicly traded company and telling employees anything in advance could run foul of insider trading laws.

ionjohn
Aug 26, 2013, 11:01 AM
Notice how BGR hasn't said anything else about this? lol.

At this point it could go either way. If the leaks were true and there were 6 betas planned, we should see another on before the GM (since beta 6 was an emergency update). I feel like beta 6 is still buggy so there should be another beta to address this, but Apple might address everything in the GM.

BGR don't know jack

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 11:03 AM
But to answer your question, I am a Store Leader in the New England Area.

You better hope those rumors that Apple lurks on sites like this are false cause I'm betting you aren't supposed to be talking on a site like this and sure not publicly disclosing that you work for Apple.

Can't be that many contenders for who you are so it will be easy work for Apple to track you down and make you a former Store Leader.

ionjohn
Aug 26, 2013, 11:10 AM
You better hope those rumors that Apple lurks on sites like this are false cause I'm betting you aren't supposed to be talking on a site like this and sure not publicly disclosing that you work for Apple.

Can't be that many contenders for who you are so it will be easy work for Apple to track you down and make you a former Store Leader.

You can't get trouble or fired from a place you don't work at, it's been scientifically proven

wolsoncpa
Aug 26, 2013, 11:12 AM
You can't get trouble or fired from a place you don't work at, it's been scientifically proven

Are you sure? He may actually be THAT bad of an "employee". :)

cmChimera
Someone enjoys not being able to understand that my screen was replaced. I didn't have any issue a with either screen but had it replaced due to a dead pixel. Thanks for trying to be my forum fanboy though!

Considering this isn't the only time you've made contradictory statements, and that a dead pixel is a PROBLEM. I'll go ahead and make the assessment that you're lying.

How does one say, "I've never had a problem with my screen ever," and then claim to have replaced the screen and still stand by the statement that you've never had a problem. Also you apparently bought your MacBook 3 different ways? Let's just face it, you're trolling.

BuCkDoG

You better hope that I know what I'm talking about and know what I'm doing otherwise I wouldn't be discussing things. ;)

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 11:13 AM

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/18/apple-expands-os-x-mavericks-testing-to-retail-ios-7-to-cupertino-locals-for-feedback/

According to the article, that's mavericks only. Not iOS 7.

Even then it's personal use on personal gear and time and thus the Store Leaders don't need to know advance info about release dates

Am3r1ca16
Aug 26, 2013, 11:22 AM

You "Believe" that's an opinion. So your opinion is no different than mine or the previous posters. If you claim to "work" in the Apple store and know information beforehand you would state it as a fact and not as an opinion.

mcfly88
Aug 26, 2013, 11:23 AM
As much as I want a new beta, I don't have a good feeling about today.

cmChimera
Aug 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
You "Believe" that's a opinion. So your opinion is no different than mine or the previous posters. If you claim to "work" in the Apple store and claim to know information beforehand you would state it as a fact and not as an opinion.

He just wants to feel special.

vigilant
Aug 26, 2013, 11:28 AM
I see what you're saying, and it may be true. But If I may, what was your position there? What did you do?

I did various things, from sales to support and other things as requested. Worked as a trainer, getting new employees up to speed. Also did a couple store openings as well. I also gave sessions during the launch of a few Mac OS X releases.

I can tell you for a fact that while I don't remember the duration of time before a launch, well before a date would be announced hardware was taken out of inventory and builds were installed on for employees to learn it.

I wasn't ever a manager, but I knew managers who I hung out with even after I graduated college.

I'm not claiming to know anything for this situation. Just trying to shed light on what I've seen in the past having been there.

Under normal circumstances, Apple Store employees that you see out on the floor know literally nothing about whats coming out until theres an announcement. But upper level store management would know about things for doing schedules and setting up training and logistical things like that.

Am3r1ca16
Aug 26, 2013, 11:30 AM

Yeah, i know. He just doesn't make sense lol

BuCkDoG
Aug 26, 2013, 11:33 AM

I think you just want to feel special. I applaud your attempt however nothing you say or comment will change what really matters here. Thanks again for your time!

Antgb84
Aug 26, 2013, 11:34 AM

I ain't holding my breath either deep down I really do hope they pop beta 7 out this morning.

buck1127
Aug 26, 2013, 11:36 AM
I ain't holding my breath either deep down I really do hope they pop beta 7 out this morning.

Would be nice

GenesisST
Aug 26, 2013, 11:38 AM
How many geeks will be pressing command+R repeatedly in 22 minutes?

(Disclaimer: I am a geek, but I will get it whenever when I get home later, if there's any...)

cmChimera
Aug 26, 2013, 11:42 AM
I think you just want to feel special. I applaud your attempt however nothing you say or comment will change what really matters here. Thanks again for your time! lol What?

rrares1996
Beta 6 is still buggy.

buck1127
How many geeks will be pressing command+R repeatedly in 22 minutes?

(Disclaimer: I am a geek, but I will get it whenever when I get home later, if there's any...)

All

haydn!
Aug 26, 2013, 11:43 AM
You have a tardis? Cool.

Tyler23
Aug 26, 2013, 11:43 AM
Beta 6 is still buggy.

There's a thread right below yours for this very topic. You seem to like creating new threads.

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 11:44 AM
I honestly think we won't be seeing a beta 7. Next update we'll see is the GM. But we'll see.

NOTmacbookpro13
Aug 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
Very confident of a Beta 7 dropping in the next 15 minutes

mcfly88
Aug 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
I honestly think we won't be seeing a beta 7. Next update we'll see is the GM. But we'll see.
I think if there isn't one by tomorrow, for sure. Seems pointless to release one after that.

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
Very confident of a Beta 7 dropping in the next 15 minutes

Very confident of a Beta 7 NOT dropping in the next 15 minutes. :)

NOTmacbookpro13
Aug 26, 2013, 11:49 AM
Very confident of a Beta 7 NOT dropping in the next 15 minutes. :)

I hope you're wrong son.

haydn!
Aug 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
So. Who's up for a trip down the local in 12 minutes?

#bankholidaybeers :cool:

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
I hope you're wrong son.

Me, too!

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 11:55 AM
So. Who's up for a trip down the local in 12 minutes?

#bankholidaybeers :cool:

In the bank holiday sunshine!

whiteshadoww
Aug 26, 2013, 11:58 AM

Two minutes to go.......

Am3r1ca16
Aug 26, 2013, 12:00 PM
...and nothing

Smwdesigns
Anddddd there's no beta 7.

Stalyn
I'm so hard on it.

NOTmacbookpro13
It's a no :(

Krissypantz2828
No update :(

Jab00
See you guys this time tomorrow! :cool:

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 12:01 PM
See you guys this time tomorrow! :cool:

Tomorrow it is then.

locoboi187
Looks like no new beta!

Knockoutjosie
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hey there is no update....... :(

dannyyankou
See you guys this time September 10th! :cool:

Fixed that for you :cool:

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
Wait.. Hold the phone... What's this... I got an update to beta 7

Cougarcat
Updates have dropped as late as 1:15. I don't think a beta 7 is coming, but just saying...

bbfc

Theres always one comedian!

Am3r1ca16
Aug 26, 2013, 12:03 PM

nice try

Hook1903
Aug 26, 2013, 12:03 PM
Maybe come tomorrow huh?:(

Jett0516
Aug 26, 2013, 12:04 PM
my source who's a janitor at Apple says it will come next week. :apple:

ck2875
It's here. :cool:

If by "it's" you mean the party currently going on in this forum thread, then yes, it's here.

Zeeshee
No beta today it seems :(

lcmazza
Idiocy of newbies is very underwhelming.

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 12:05 PM
Maybe try at 1:30 today. As one poster today said, updates can come as late as 1:15pm EST.

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 12:06 PM
Tomorrow is 3 weeks since beta 5, it's more likely then.

jmh600cbr
looks like a no-go :confused::apple:

Smwdesigns
my source who's a janitor at Apple says it will come next week. :apple:

Highly doubt a janitor at apple will have inside knowledge about when a beta release is coming out. Nice try though.

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 12:07 PM
Tomorrow is 3 weeks since beta 5, it's more likely then.

But beta 5 wasn't the last beta. there was a beta 6.

TheAaron
Aug 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
Highly doubt a janitor at apple will have inside knowledge about when a beta release is coming out. Nice try though.

She must have heard it when she was cleaning tim cook office!!

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 12:08 PM

I think/know it was a joke. Chill.

haydn!
Aug 26, 2013, 12:09 PM
Right. I'm off to the pub. Catch ya laters!

Sodner
Man still no beta 7. I guess the GM will be what comes next.

mattburley7
i know BGR has been wrong but they posted on twitter Build of iOS 7 GM is 11A465

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 12:10 PM
But beta 5 wasn't the last beta. there was a beta 6.

I think he was trying to imply that beta 6 didn't really count since it was only 13 mb...

lcmazza
Aug 26, 2013, 12:10 PM

You mean... Now it is two jokes.
I rather think he was joking too. But in reality... oh boy.

Cougarcat
Aug 26, 2013, 12:11 PM
i know BGR has been wrong but they posted on twitter Build of iOS 7 GM is 11A465

That doesn't make any sense, why would there be a GM already?

mattburley7
Aug 26, 2013, 12:11 PM

just posting what i saw take that with a grain of salt.

lcmazza
Aug 26, 2013, 12:12 PM

Because new iPhones must go to production line.

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
You better hope that I know what I'm talking about and know what I'm doing otherwise I wouldn't be discussing things. ;)

try again, you wouldn't be the first person to come around a site like this and make claims that are BS. It's the issue with forums like this. We are all just foggy faces in a crowd, able to claim whatever we want and no one can prove anything.

Kind of like that 'woman' that claims she works for the company that does QA for Apple iPhones and posted that spy shot of the new phones. For all we know, she's a 50 year old fat ugly russian guy that printed up a bunch of paper fakes etc.

And you might be a store leader (who better hope Apple's not paying attention) or you might be a 16 year old skinny, pimple covered reject sitting in the back of your lit class typing these claims on your cell phone.

teknikal90
Aug 26, 2013, 12:15 PM

the post you're quoting was also a joke..lol

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 12:17 PM
iPad 4 came out in the Fall and same for 4S.

someone needs to get a sarcasm detection booster.

dsiiist
Aug 26, 2013, 12:19 PM
Tomorrow it is then..........

Cougarcat
Aug 26, 2013, 12:23 PM

Ah, good point. That would make it pretty pointless for a beta to be released tomorrow, but we'll see.

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 12:27 PM

Yeah, but they don't necessarily have to have the software loaded on them right away, do they?

Tyler23
Aug 26, 2013, 12:28 PM
Here's my take:

If a beta 7 is not released tomorrow, then Apple has made sure that all major bugs reported by developers and (I think highly likely) discusses on sites like this. They feel confident that they've gotten the feedback they need, and are very close to a finished product.

Now, if that's the case, they could still (and probably would) release another beta, because, more feedback doesn't hurt, right?

Well, I'm theorizing that they are making quite a few changes/additions for the final product; things like quick reply, added features, maybe some UI changes like live weather animations in notification center, etc.

They aren't releasing another normal beta because they want to show these features off closer to the final release date.

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 12:32 PM
someone needs to get a sarcasm detection booster.

That isn't sarcasm, it's just hard to tell if you're being serious or not and you didn't use the :rolleyes:.

chrfr
Aug 26, 2013, 12:33 PM
Apple has made sure that all major bugs reported by developers and (I think highly likely) discusses on sites like this
It is not the responsibility of a computer or software manufacturer to scour random internet forums for bugs.

WordMasterRice
Aug 26, 2013, 12:35 PM
It is not the responsibility of a computer or software manufacturer to scour random internet forums for bugs.

It is if you want to find all of the bugs. If you don't care about the quality of your software then by all means stay in your bubble.

Cougarcat
Aug 26, 2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah, but they don't necessarily have to have the software loaded on them right away, do they?

No, they start producing iPhones at least a few months in advance because they have to build so many (hence, leaks.) But it still takes time to load it on all the phones. I think 3 weeks is the least amount of time a beta has been released before an iPhone release, so time is running out for a final beta.

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 12:37 PM
No, they start producing iPhones at least a few months in advance because they have to build so many (hence, leaks.) But it still takes time to load it on all the phones. I think 3 weeks is the least amount of time a beta has been released before an iPhone release, so time is running out for a final beta.

Yeah, if we don't see one tomorrow, I don't think we'll see one at all.

KUPARA
Aug 26, 2013, 12:37 PM
If indeed there is no beta until GM and if GM doesn't add 40% MORE features than these betas... Android, here I come.

To me, so far, iOS 7 looks like a THEME of iOS 6, with a few Cydia tweaks here and there

Gogurt48
Aug 26, 2013, 12:38 PM

True, but if I were Apple and had their resources, I would. Not only would I want to find every bug I could, but I'd also like to know how the new features are going over. For instance, if I were Apple I'd find it valuable to know that many people hate the new dock and wish it were more translucent.

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
Tomorrow it is then..........

Not guaranteed.

Tyler23
Aug 26, 2013, 12:43 PM

I never said it was their responsibility, but we'd be naive to think they don't at least have one person looking out for public opinion. After all, look how many things people complained about after the first beta that were edited in the subsequent betas. Seems likely, but I didn't say they were absolutely doing it, and I definitely never said it was their responsibility. :rolleyes:

HarryAinslie
Aug 26, 2013, 12:46 PM
if GM doesn't add 40% MORE features than these betas... Android, here I come.

You're on cloud 9 mate! You far better go now!

lcmazza
Aug 26, 2013, 12:48 PM

Maybe not right away, but for some 5 million units, yes.

Production lines are not miraculous processes and millions of units do require a lot of time and since launch is expected for the next two to three weeks, then yes... The software must be ready.

Azadre
Aug 26, 2013, 12:49 PM
If indeed there is no beta until GM and if GM doesn't add 40% MORE features than these betas... Android, here I come.

To me, so far, iOS 7 looks like a THEME of iOS 6, with a few Cydia tweaks here and there

Might as well buy now. iOS is not getting any unannounced features between now and Sept

petvas
Aug 26, 2013, 12:51 PM

What you are saying is impossible and won't happen. Nobody adds new features a couple of days before release..If you don't like iOS there are enough alternatives out there.

madsci954
Aug 26, 2013, 12:52 PM

If you aren't looking to get a 5S, then you might as well start packing. What we've seen, NDA allowed or not, is about all we'll get with current devices. With the 5S, expect 1 or 2 new features.

jonnyb098
Aug 26, 2013, 12:52 PM
Historically there has always been a large gap between the final beta and GM. Calm down folks.

iforbes
Aug 26, 2013, 12:53 PM

omg...I will miss you SO MUCH.

jonnyb098
Aug 26, 2013, 12:55 PM

Because internally at Apple there has been a gold master for weeks. Good grief. They are baking in features to show of the new iPhones.

HarryAinslie
Aug 26, 2013, 12:55 PM
omg...I will miss you SO MUCH.

Group Hug? :confused:

mr100percent
Aug 26, 2013, 01:00 PM

If you try it out for any amount of time, you'll see there's a LOT of non-cosmetic changes. Not just the Control center but improved email (it changes the return address based on who you're emailing), notification center tweaks, under-the-hood process changes to maximize battery life, and AirDrop. Who cares about the eye candy when you have great features in it.

wolsoncpa
Aug 26, 2013, 01:08 PM

Just curious, how will you calculate whether or not there are 40% MORE features? And, since we all know there won't be 40% MORE features, you might as well buy your cheap Samsung POS now.

MinEderPlayz
Aug 26, 2013, 01:11 PM
The :apple: Community doesn't really need members who always say they're gonna switch.

Cougarcat
Aug 26, 2013, 01:15 PM
Because internally at Apple there has been a gold master for weeks. Good grief. They are baking in features to show of the new iPhones.

Those aren't GMs, they are just internal builds with the fingerprint sensor support. Anyway it's already been explained, read the thread.

SMIDG3T
Aug 26, 2013, 01:33 PM
We can only hope it's released tomorrow.

No beta 7 tomorrow. No beta 7 at all.

dcp10
Aug 26, 2013, 01:39 PM
We can only hope it's released tomorrow.

No beta 7 tomorrow. No beta 7 at all.

No beta than. 😉

ajiuo
Aug 26, 2013, 01:45 PM

Why wait? I would suggest the HTC 1.. Its still an android but at least its a nice looking phone.

Apple is never going to satisfy you. They don't release half ass gimmicky features. They generally will not implement something until A) they don't feel its just a gimmick (they have still made a few bad calls) and B) they can implement a feature without negatively impacting the performance, stability, or battery life of the device... That is why older devices don't always get new features...

I think that the 5S might finally be powerful and efficient enough to implement a few new things such as quick reply and maybe some sort of widget / live icon without effecting the device much... But don't expect to be getting any unannounced features on your current device..

Apple doesn't work that way.. But the good news for you is that android manufactures do.. The devices are almost in a perpetual state of beta.. They will implement any feature that sounds cool without as much regard for how it effects the performance or how polished and consistent the usability is.

There is always the IOS jailbreak community.. But I some how doubt that you have The patience to wait for a jailbreak every time the OS is updated...

So why wait? Go to your favorite shop and pick up an HTC 1.. Its a sexy phone and has the huge jumble of this and that that you are looking for :)

whiteshadoww
Aug 26, 2013, 01:47 PM
Not guaranteed.

Thanks for pointing our that irrelevant fact - as if people really thought is was "guaranteed".

jonnyb098
Aug 26, 2013, 01:54 PM
Those aren't GMs, they are just internal builds with the fingerprint sensor support. Anyway it's already been explained, read the thread.

I already know the explanations and yeah, they are internal builds that are way ahead of what devs are seeing. They are testing GM builds that are much more complete that what devs are even seeing. The gold master has or is about to be sealed and delivered to the factory to load onto shipping phones. And yet everyone is still hoping for a beta 7, hahahaha.

KUPARA
Aug 26, 2013, 02:10 PM
ROFL, so many smartheads in here, it makes me puke.

I believe I know iOS like some of you here will NEVER will and I'm not playing a smart boy in here, you don't need to tell me how I should use it and which features I know or I don't know.
And I use iOS 7 since Beta 1, you don't need to teach me what is different or not.
I just said my opinion and my personal preference, you don't need to jump on my back like you are Mr. Boring Cook himself.

If you try it out for any amount of time, you'll see there's a LOT of non-cosmetic changes. Not just the Control center but improved email (it changes the return address based on who you're emailing), notification center tweaks, under-the-hood process changes to maximize battery life, and AirDrop. Who cares about the eye candy when you have great features in it.

What NC center tweaks? The stupid 3 bar - Today, All, Missed stuff? I mean WTF
Control Center? Come on...

----------

Why wait? I would suggest the HTC 1.. Its still an android but at least its a nice looking phone.

Apple is never going to satisfy you. They don't release half ass gimmicky features. They generally will not implement something until A) they don't feel its just a gimmick (they have still made a few bad calls) and B) they can implement a feature without negatively impacting the performance, stability, or battery life of the device... That is why older devices don't always get new features...

I think that the 5S might finally be powerful and efficient enough to implement a few new things such as quick reply and maybe some sort of widget / live icon without effecting the device much... But don't expect to be getting any unannounced features on your current device..

Apple doesn't work that way.. But the good news for you is that android manufactures do.. The devices are almost in a perpetual state of beta.. They will implement any feature that sounds cool without as much regard for how it effects the performance or how polished and consistent the usability is.

There is always the IOS jailbreak community.. But I some how doubt that you have The patience to wait for a jailbreak every time the OS is updated...

So why wait? Go to your favorite shop and pick up an HTC 1.. Its a sexy phone and has the huge jumble of this and that that you are looking for :)

Some decent post at last. I know your point and I will DO wait for the 5S or whatever they will call it.
I waited long enought for the iOS 6 jailbreak, so why I should't wait for the next one...
All I'm just saying is my personal thoughs and taste, I do like a bigger screen since using a Droid. Apple is Apple, but there is always another side of the fence

----------

The :apple: Community doesn't really need members who always say they're gonna switch.

Yeah, they need members who will always nod their heads, even if they slap them with a 4S with a Defender case on it. The ignorance of same Apple fans is over the top

KUPARA
Aug 26, 2013, 02:13 PM
Just curious, how will you calculate whether or not there are 40% MORE features? And, since we all know there won't be 40% MORE features, you might as well buy your cheap Samsung POS now.

The math forum is on another site

ajiuo
Aug 26, 2013, 02:15 PM
ROFL, so many smartheads in here, it makes me puke.

I believe I know iOS like some of you here will NEVER will and I'm not playing a smart boy in here, you don't need to tell me how I should use it and which features I know or I don't know.
And I use iOS 7 since Beta 1, you don't need to teach me what is different or not.
I just said my opinion and my personal preference, you don't need to jump on my back like you are Mr. Boring Cook himself.

What NC center tweaks? The stupid 3 bar - Today, All, Missed stuff? I mean WTF
Control Center? Come on...

What do you expect.. Most of us on this forum are apple fan boys.. Hearing threats of people jumping to android gets old... no one cares.. We just get sick of hearing it.

Apple is not on the forums reading your comment thinking "oh god if we don't add more features we are going to loose a few customers"... Whats the point? If your going to switch then just do it.. Your threats are not hurting anyones feelings and they are not going to change anything... At least go make your threats to apple and not to us.. There is nothing that anyone on this forum can do about it..

Sure feel free to speak your mind but also be prepared to here people speak theirs in response ..

P.s. Im telling you.. Go look at the HTC one.. I think it might ve what your looking for.

KUPARA
Aug 26, 2013, 02:22 PM
What you are saying is impossible and won't happen. Nobody adds new features a couple of days before release..If you don't like iOS there are enough alternatives out there.

Who said I don't like iOS? I just said what is real, Android and even WP are going head over heals with development of their stuff. I'm far from an Apple hater

----------

Your threats are not hurting anyones feelings and they are not going to change anything... At least go make your threats to apple and not to us..

What? If my original post was a THREAT, I don't know what to say to you. I just made a statement, do you even know the difference between a threat and a personal statement?

----------

Meanwhile...

Apple Updates Siri to Give Humorous Responses to 'Okay Glass' Prompt

And? Do any of you find this humorous or a "new" feature? Why don't just add an option to customise our shortcuts in CC? But no, it's Apple...