PDA

View Full Version : Spymac is on crack, crystal meth, and pot simultaneously!

Smasher
Jan 23, 2002, 09:45 PM
This just appeared on their front page:

"All three iMac models NOW SHIPPING (01/23/2002) (5:55 P.M.) posted by Webmaster from the confirmed news department.

We have received confirmation that all three models (700mhz G4 low, middle and 800mhz G4 high-end) of the new iMac are not only in stock at local warehouses, but also due to arrive in stores late this week or Monday at the latest . Our source at one store told us that his local warehouse has the following quantities:

1,000 High-end
500 Mid-Range
200 low-end

Even though Jobs' said that only the high-end model would be available first, he was obviously simply being conservative."

Beej
Jan 23, 2002, 09:55 PM
I want there to be another option for the poll:

Smasher is crazy for even looking at spymac. I wouldn't go there if it was the only place on the Internet!

:D That site is a load of crap (because of the whole iWalk thing) and they will never have any credibility in my books. I will never go to that site again!

cornelius
Jan 23, 2002, 09:59 PM
I want to smoke some of that chit!!!
Come on you have to be kiddin,that amount it's insane.

BeerDrinker29
Jan 23, 2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Beej

Smasher is crazy for even looking at spymac. I wouldn't go there if it was the only place on the Internet!

All rumor sites are for entertainment..!! Obviously lots of people go to Spymac, look at how busy their BBS got in under a week!

eyelikeart
Jan 23, 2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29

All rumor sites are for entertainment..!! Obviously lots of people go to Spymac, look at how busy their BBS got in under a week!

at least u have the right attitude about this....

who cares?

Hemingray
Jan 23, 2002, 11:38 PM
It's dangerous to use so many drugs in a single topic heading. :D

Smasher
Jan 24, 2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Beej

I'd put that, except it'd steal all the votes:p

Sayer
Jan 24, 2002, 12:14 AM
Germany is such a lifeless country, let them have some fun for once.

Yes SpyMac.com is largley full of complete BS, but so is every other Mac rumor site above and beyond what can be logically deduced by watching business trends at Apple Computer Inc.

Sayer
Jan 24, 2002, 12:20 AM
if ALL rumor sites were accurate we would be using quad 64 bit 2 GHz G5s in stackable cube-sized boxes with Nvidia4 64 meg DDR running on AGP Pro alongside a 266 MHz bus w/DDR RAM up to 4 gig., glow in the dark keyboards wirelessly connected using BlueTooth, wireless mice shaped like feet, 54 Mbps AirPort 2 capable of VPN all in with Mac OS X 10.2 that also runs on x86 hardware.

Watch Apple's moves, listen to the rhetoric, figure out when promos end and check out [r]etailers and see if they have Macs or not around MWSF, MWNY, MW Tokyo and all the Seybold events.

Even then Apple slips in a surprise now and then (iDVD, iMovie).

The best advice anyone can have is DON"T BUY A NEW MAC RIGHT BEFORE AN EXPO (or Seybold). More likely than not you will be disappointed.

Edit: That was weird, the first bytes were chewed up.

artisan002
Jan 24, 2002, 02:14 AM
Don't forget about Jobs' penchant for unleashing crap during Super Bowl half-time!

Personally, I'm expecting a last hurrah for the G4 in a PowerMac. I'm guessing 1.0 - 1.2GHz and a faster system bus. I consider the G5 Power Mac too big for Jobs not to launch that sucker during a Macworld convention. Predictably, this summer-fall with a taunting "delay" in full production/delivery until about 2 weeks after... I figure he'll thrust out a faster G4 powerbook at Seybold.

I, still, wish the hallucinatory rumor of a Cinema Display sized Power Book had come true...

I miss my crack pipe.:(

voicegy
Jan 24, 2002, 02:56 AM
What the heck ELSE do you think the Spymac "logo guy" is smokin'?

(now where'd that bag of chocolate chip cookies go...?)

Xapplimatic
Jan 24, 2002, 04:32 AM
OK, being that the local computer store put a new iMac on order virtually the second it was announced for a display model, and that they can't even get just one in yet.. and it's three days past due according to the shipping info, I really doubt Apple has 1000, 2000, or 50000 new DP iMacs sitting in any wearhouse waiting for an explosive delivery..

They've been shipping them out as they come out of burn-in (testing) and they can't keep up. There'd be no reason to store them anywhere when they have all demand and no supply.

SpyCrack is at it again.. Maybe their iWok blew up or something.