PDA

View Full Version : Notification Center from Lock Screen iOS 7

mashinhead
Aug 25, 2013, 03:33 PM
In the keynote, they mentioned that now, notification center can be accessed from the lock screen.... how is this not a security flaw/issue?

chabig
Aug 25, 2013, 03:38 PM
If you are uncomfortable with it, you can turn off it's lock screen availability in Settings.

JarScott
Aug 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
In the keynote, they mentioned that now, notification center can be accessed from the lock screen.... how is this not a security flaw/issue?

If you have your phone set to not show previews of emails/messages you shouldn't have any problems with people accessing your notifications screen. All they'll learn is who text/emailed you. I turned off notification previews a long time ago when I realised most of the messages I received fitted into the preview and people could basically just read my texts from the lock screen.

C DM
Aug 25, 2013, 06:16 PM
First you can enable or disable that feature (which on its own takes care of this concern). And second you can choose what's available there--generally only thing a you already set to be available on the lock screen will be available there.

adam044
Aug 25, 2013, 10:00 PM
If you have your phone set to not show previews of emails/messages you shouldn't have any problems with people accessing your notifications screen. All they'll learn is who text/emailed you. I turned off notification previews a long time ago when I realised most of the messages I received fitted into the preview and people could basically just read my texts from the lock screen.

It doesn't matter if you have preview on or off it will still show the entire message if you swipe down from the top.

Never mind looks like they fixed that.

JarScott
Aug 26, 2013, 03:35 AM
It doesn't matter if you have preview on or off it will still show the entire message if you swipe down from the top.

Never mind looks like they fixed that.

I was gonna say, turning previews off usually deals with it for me.