PDA

View Full Version : Music folder on ipad mismatched

Soultosoul
Aug 25, 2013, 07:42 PM
I searched for this but couldn't find anything. I just set up a new Pioneer VSX 823 and have been using airplay (which is awesome BTW).

I'm able to do this from my mac mini and my iphone 5 with no problems. My ipad2 on the other hand has somehow gone berserk. All music is there from itunes match. When I choose shared library, only a handful of albums (out of 300ish) are there. When I choose artist link it seems they are there but mismatched. It shows the cover art for a Pink Floyd album and the title for someone different (even a podcast). Really strange.

Like I said my iphone is fine. Art matches album and can airplay. I was going to reset and restore the ipad, but thought I'd see if anyone had seen this before and might know a solution.

Thanks

FreakinEurekan
Aug 26, 2013, 07:08 AM
First check Settings > General > About & make sure you are on Version 6.1.3 - if not update. Otherwise try going into Settings > Music, turn off iTunes Match, restart iPad, then turn it back on.

Soultosoul
Aug 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
First check Settings > General > About & make sure you are on Version 6.1.3 - if not update. Otherwise try going into Settings > Music, turn off iTunes Match, restart iPad, then turn it back on.

Tried this but it didn't help. Really strange, it's only on the shared home network library. Just noticed playlists show up fine, but as far as I can tell only half of the albums are there (and mismatched). If I hit artist tab only three show up.

jdag
Aug 26, 2013, 09:03 AM
I have noticed a similar problem, but with TV shows. I have about 50 different TV shows, most with multiple seasons. But like you are experiencing with your music, I often see them mixed up (out of order, mismatched artwork, etc.).

The only way I've been able to correct is to sign out of home sharing on the iPad, then sign back in. I've noticed this problem with both iPads in our household. The iPhones do not seem to have the issue.

I am curious to follow this thread to see if anyone has a solution to the music issue, which may help with videos too.

Soultosoul
Aug 26, 2013, 12:03 PM
The only way I've been able to correct is to sign out of home sharing on the iPad, then sign back in. I've noticed this problem with both iPads in our household. The iPhones do not seem to have the issue.

Thank you. Signed out of home sharing and back in. They are matched correctly. I think all of the music is there except for a couple. Different issue but also weird. The Black Crowes Southern Harmony album has never shown up in itunes. Burnt it in more than once. If I search for it, it shows up and I can play it, but it's not in the list. Looks like a ZZ Top album has the same issue. Also have an Audioslave album that whenever I burn it in, it lists on a different album (songs 11-20 of previous instead of a separate album). Weird.

Thanks again

jdag
Aug 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Thank you. Signed out of home sharing and back in. They are matched correctly. I think all of the music is there except for a couple. Different issue but also weird. The Black Crowes Southern Harmony album has never shown up in itunes. Burnt it in more than once. If I search for it, it shows up and I can play it, but it's not in the list. Looks like a ZZ Top album has the same issue. Also have an Audioslave album that whenever I burn it in, it lists on a different album (songs 11-20 of previous instead of a separate album). Weird.

Thanks again

Glad that worked...at least temporarily. I notice the problem every time I add new content into iTunes. Hopefully someone knows of a permanent fix.