PDA

View Full Version : Jobs is an evil Genius!

cerveza4lu
Nov 20, 2005, 10:34 PM
And I once thought that just because I bought an iPod didn't mean Apple would convert me! Yeah right! I've finally had enough of all the security hassles w/the Windows world and have made the switch! The Mac mini was exactly what it took to put the final nail in the coffin!

We won't be totally free of Microsoft as the kids will be inheriting the Dell pc's (along w/their problems). I just hope the mini gets here before the end of the week!

I picked up The Missing Manual for Tiger and I'm already impressed! Well, standby for questions as the forum has picked up another convert.

MacTruck
Nov 20, 2005, 10:37 PM
Rock on!

MattG
Nov 20, 2005, 10:45 PM
Awesome!

I love my Mini -- it's a great little machine!

alexstein
Nov 20, 2005, 10:53 PM
Welcome and congrats on your new purchase.

You will love your new mac and the Tiger is just the bomb.

You took already the right steps: signed up for MR and picked up the missing manual. Two thumbs up! .. you are hooked... Your next step would be to junk that old dell and get your kids a machine that they can enjoy as well.

cerveza4lu
Nov 20, 2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks to all! I can see this is going to be the start of a beautiful, albeit expensive, relationship. My wife will be getting first dibs on the next Mac (probably a powerbook) I love my kids, but I love not having to sleep on the couch even more :)

poolin1243
Nov 21, 2005, 12:44 AM
try to upgrade the ram in that mini...it will help it out quite a bit!!!! :)

mwidjaya
Nov 21, 2005, 05:52 AM
Sweet! Congrats.

I took the plunge with Mac mini and have not looked back. I "added" and "switched" within 4 weeks of using the mini. The old PC has been pushed aside to be a "headless" network file server at the corner.

Not that I have a lot of problems with Windows but I just prefer the Mac. It just works and works beautifully as well.

Dagless
Nov 21, 2005, 06:26 AM
you sound just like me this time last year. Had an iPod for months. thought it totally kicked arse. thought i'd stop 'hating Macs for the sheer hell of it' like so many PC users have and BAM! February 2005 my powerbook arrived :)

its aaaall good.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 21, 2005, 07:30 AM
Well, standby for questions as the forum has picked up another convert.Bring it on!

And congratulations on a very wise decision... ;)

Arcus
Nov 21, 2005, 09:21 AM
Good call!!

yoak
Nov 21, 2005, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard. I joined this board a year ago and have got soo much help. YouŽll find it a very friendly place, and be warned, very addictive.
Just you wait and see come January. Even if you donŽt intend to buy anything new from Apple, you find yourself glued to this board.
;)

cerveza4lu
Nov 21, 2005, 05:53 PM
Wow! I'd say this forum is definetely friendly w/all the reponses I've got in just one day.

Thanks for the tip poolin, I ordered it w/the 1 gig of ram. I know from my Win experiences Photoshop is pretty demanding. Speaking of that, that new program Aperture looks flippin sweet! Too bad I'm outta scratch now or I would seriously consider pre-ordering that.

disconap
Nov 22, 2005, 04:44 PM
Congratulations. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

*strokes beard*

deanwaterman
Nov 22, 2005, 05:03 PM
Wow! I'd say this forum is definetely friendly w/all the reponses I've got in just one day.

Thanks for the tip poolin, I ordered it w/the 1 gig of ram. I know from my Win experiences Photoshop is pretty demanding. Speaking of that, that new program Aperture looks flippin sweet! Too bad I'm outta scratch now or I would seriously consider pre-ordering that.

Aperature won't run on the mini. Barely runs on anything less than the Dual Processor 2.3GHz.

So goo thing you outta money!

You could pick up a cheap mini on ebay for the kids so they can be converted now as well....

Consider Christmas...

Have they been naughty (PC)

or Nice (Mac!)

mjstew33
Nov 22, 2005, 05:13 PM
Yet another switcher. 5 zillion down, the rest of the world to go :D

volvo
Nov 22, 2005, 05:30 PM

Im not sure if you are aware that some of the Mini Mac's have been booted up to 1.5GHZ 512MHZ Ram and additional memory on the video card and hard drive speed up to 5400 rpm. If you ordered a 1.42 it will be interesting to see if you get the newer bumped up version

DrNeroCF
Nov 22, 2005, 05:57 PM
You'll get tired of servicing the kid's computers... iBooks for the childrens!

Blind Buzzard
Nov 22, 2005, 06:07 PM
I too have recently picked up a machine to run Tiger. I'll tell you what, so far it has been great software, and hardware for that matter.

My only suggestion is to NOT throw out the old PC's. Remember you can always convert to Linux!! I suggest Gentoo as a new user; if you have the time to play around with something new it can be very rewarding!

Cheers!

BB--

gavinsan
Nov 23, 2005, 09:48 AM
the "halo effect" in me was even more weird.. i had that idea "i need one of those ipods", and weeks later-- i bought a powerbook LOL! =D and i love it! :D

in one week, i bouth the powerbook, and now my PC desktop is collecting dust..