PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] IOS is way beauty than IOS 7

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 10:26 AM
i want your opinion on that i am really serious about not upgrading to ios 7 as i found IOS 6 is more perfect and beauty and simple and response i don't know am i unfair on that :confused:

glitch82
Aug 26, 2013, 10:35 AM
Well having been using iOS 7 for a couple of months now I have to say it's really gorgeous. It's loaded with eye candy, and in my opinion it's a wonderful evolution and welcome departure to Apple's old OSes that are centered around skeumorphic design. iOS 7's beauty is in its simplicity. Old skeumorphic elements like wood and metal are done with and give way to new design that takes up the whole screen comfortably and allows you to work without any gimmicks.

muuhamed
Aug 26, 2013, 10:40 AM
brother, iOS 7 is a lot better than iOS 6

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 10:41 AM
It looks good, with the right background. http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg

Zerilos
Aug 26, 2013, 10:41 AM
i want your opinion on that i am really serious about not upgrading to ios 7 as i found IOS 6 is more perfect and beauty and simple and response i don't know am i unfair on that :confused:

Overall the response to the look of iOS 7 appears to be positive; of course, there are still many people who prefer iOS 6. I actually prefer to look of iOS 6, but only margionally and I'm looking forward to iOS 7's official release because of the added features and improvments to Siri and Safari. Regardless, you can opt not to upgrade to iOS 7.

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 10:43 AM
that's a complete opposite experience may be it's slow as i made upgrade not clean install as i don't have developer UDID is clean install that different from upgrade but one thing i am sure about is beauty and details

charlituna
Aug 26, 2013, 10:50 AM

You are entitled to your opinion just so long as you remember it is merely your opinion and you refrain from the nasty games some folks around here play of calling those with differing opinions stupid etc.

Eventually you will have to upgrade because Apple will force developers to drop earlier version support. Or it will be forced on you with new hardware. But until then, if you are happy with iOS 6 have at it. I would suggest that before iOS 7 becomes the official release you do a clean install of iOS 6 on your devices because once 7 is out any iTunes restores will want to upgrade you and you can't refuse that bit. Wait until the last possible moment. Then do only the on board erase all if you need to clean out any crap in your software (that doesn't force an update), never forget your passcode lock etc. And perhaps dig around some of the jailbreak groups to find out if there is a way to block iTunes checking for updates. Blocking something in the host files perhaps

----------

that's a complete opposite experience may be it's slow as i made upgrade not clean install as i don't have developer UDID is clean install that different from upgrade but one thing i am sure about is beauty and details

That would be a factor. Any crap in your iOS 6 software could and likely would screw with iOS 7.

That said I did notice one big bug and I clean install all the betas. Beta 6 screwed up the whole video in the cloud. I'm hoping they will release even a small beta 7 to fix that as it's a major promoted feature. Perhaps even add a show all toggle/button in the app. Would be good for folks to know and be able to talk about this being right before the launch as it's one of the few big features that doesn't require having an outside app.

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
may be in 10-9 we will see miracle that apple will let us use ios 6 as an option and i don't know may be apps will run in IOS 6 and 7 :D

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 11:21 AM
may be in 10-9 we will see miracle that apple will let us use ios 6 as an option and i don't know may be apps will run in IOS 6 and 7 :D

What??

Once iOS 7 is released, iOS 6 will be forgotten about.

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
What??

Once iOS 7 is released, iOS 6 will be forgotten about.

i said miracle :rolleyes:

bbfc
Aug 26, 2013, 11:27 AM

No, I just didn't understand what you meant.

teknikal90
Aug 26, 2013, 01:12 PM
It looks good, with the right background. Image (http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg)

Umm. I dont know, I think iOS 6 still looks soo much better.
You can tell they put a lot of work in iOS 6's icon.

Am3r1ca16
Aug 26, 2013, 01:29 PM
Being using the iOS 7 betas and the only things that bother me is the ugly dock and the bar signals. besides that i love iOS 7. Never going back to iOS 6.

HussamRaed
Aug 26, 2013, 01:41 PM
Apple has been perfecting the same iOS for 6 years now. And so, it's perfectly normal to say that it has grown on people, we love it the way it is, because we know it just works. But there is nothing wrong with change, you might not like it at first because it might be unfamiliar or somewhat "new", but it will grow on you, eventually, just like the old iOS did.

I personally think that Apple did a pretty good job, and I truly believe that this is the right path for the foreseeable future of iOS.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 01:45 PM
Everyone's opinion is different on something subjective like looks of something...and one person's opinion has no relation to another's. Someone might like it, someone might hate it, but it doesn't mean one or the other is right or wrong, or that it's really better or worse in general. That's pretty much all there's to it.

haydn!
Aug 26, 2013, 01:48 PM
Image (http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg)

It's side by sides like this that made me realise iOS6 is actually really dark, grey and old. iOS7, though it still needs a bit of tweaking, is a breath of fresh air. I for one, cannot wait! :D

Mrg02d
Aug 26, 2013, 01:57 PM

Might as well hope for aliens to land and give us gold nuggets.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
It's side by sides like this that made me realise iOS6 is actually really dark, grey and old. iOS7, though it still needs a bit of tweaking, is a breath of fresh air. I for one, cannot wait! :DDark, grey, and old doesn't make it bad or even worse though. Not everyone likes overuse of bright white across the OS or oversaturated colors. And the fact that it's old simply means we've been using it for some time, but that's all, it in no way speaks to it being bad or anything of the sort.

Osullivan1
Aug 26, 2013, 02:13 PM
Re. the icons, I seriously think Apple will change at least a couple of them in the GM.

Some just don't make sense (Why are the bubbles for Game Center shiny? Why does Settings look like its ready to chew my finger off?), and some just look crap (Camera, Voice Memos, Newsstand - I'm looking at you).

Then again, others (music, iTunes Store, Messages/Phone/FT and many more) look awesome and don't need changing.

Only two weeks 'til we find out...

IpadSC400
Aug 26, 2013, 03:02 PM
I'm currently running ios7 on my 4s, and it has been pretty good. It isn't faster then ios6 but not slower either. I definitely like ios7 more than ios6. You will too.

haydn!
Aug 26, 2013, 03:06 PM
Dark, grey, and old doesn't make it bad or even worse though. Not everyone likes overuse of bright white across the OS or oversaturated colors. And the fact that it's old simply means we've been using it for some time, but that's all, it in no way speaks to it being bad or anything of the sort.

Forgive me, but I don't recall typing a bit that said everyone had to like it or that iOS6 was bad - I've loved it for the last 12 months. I was simply pointing out though, that in my opinion, iOS6 now looks old and dated next to iOS7. I'm not imposing that opinion on anyone, simply stating it. You're of course free to disagree with it, as I am yours.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
Forgive me, but I don't recall typing a bit that said everyone had to like it or that iOS6 was bad - I've loved it for the last 12 months. I was simply pointing out though, that in my opinion, iOS6 now looks old and dated next to iOS7. I'm not imposing that opinion on anyone, simply stating it. You're of course free to disagree with it, as I am yours.Sure, that's fine. I guess the bigger part of what I was trying to say that old and dated doesn't actually imply bad or even worse in some way. A lot of people seem to have that connotation when it comes to those words, but that's not exactly what they mean really.

Now, if that was to say that you were just kind of tired of it and simply wanted something new (more or less for the sake of it being new and not much more), then I guess that's a reason perhaps (although you can end up with something bad or worse when simply looking for something simply new for the sake of being new).

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 07:00 PM
I want to say something about multi tasking although it's more pretty but also more slow do you think that apps is not optimized enough now to work with it or just the limit of ram in 4s make this lags in multi tasking as i notice in ios 6 that it keeps more apps in background than ios 7

ntrigue
Aug 26, 2013, 07:14 PM
There is a great deal of misinformation here. Your favorite apps have stopped receiving updates for iOS 6. There will be 70% adoption of iOS 7 by October and developers will be focusing on their iOS 7 ready apps.

I've never really respected people that stay behind for any reason except software unlock compatibility. You're one in a multimillion and Apple isn't going to change anything when they see your stubbornly using iOS 6.

There are many other devices on the market. Maybe try a Nokia or Moto X.

Furthermore, you aren't running a vanilla experience of iOS 7 AND are running a beta on a 4S. None of this can be utilized to express an opinion of iOS 7.

Shrink
Aug 26, 2013, 07:15 PM
Should I belabor the obvious and say it's a matter of personal taste and need?

Nah...

By the way, OP...this is a period. <------ ;) :D

Trius
Aug 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
Sure, that's fine. I guess the bigger part of what I was trying to say that old and dated doesn't actually imply bad or even worse in some way. A lot of people seem to have that connotation when it comes to those words, but that's not exactly what they mean really.

Now, if that was to say that you were just kind of tired of it and simply wanted something new (more or less for the sake of it being new and not much more), then I guess that's a reason perhaps (although you can end up with something bad or worse when simply looking for something simply new for the sake of being new).

On that same note, there are also a lot of people that resist any sort of change, good or bad. Some people get extremely uncomfortable being forced out of something they are familiar with and introduced to something different.
They will be the same ones on here in the future, outraged, when iOS gets another visual update.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 07:22 PM
On that same note, there are also a lot of people that resist any sort of change, good or bad. Some people get extremely uncomfortable being forced out of something they are familiar with and introduced to something different.
They will be the same ones on here in the future, outraged, when iOS gets another visual update.Agreed, there are definitely those who resist change for no particular reason. There's definitely a spectrum there, and end points on each side, and there is the middle or somewhere around it.

Tamagotchi
Aug 26, 2013, 07:45 PM
I have my (unlocked) iPhone 5 with iOS6 and my US sim. Also have Nexus 4 with UK sim and unlocked. I use both daily. I, DO NOT, AND WILL NOT, upgrade my iPhone to that my little pony rubbish, I made my decision a long time ago. In fact, I have my IPSW for iOS6 already saved in case I need to restore. iOS6 is absolutely PERFECT, and the Legacy (perfect legacy I must say) of Steve. He had taste.

C DM
Aug 26, 2013, 07:46 PM
I have my (unlocked) iPhone 5 with iOS6 and my US sim. Also have Nexus 4 with UK sim and unlocked. I use both daily. I, DO NOT, AND WILL NOT, upgrade my iPhone to that my little pony rubbish, I made my decision a long time ago. In fact, I have my IPSW for iOS6 already saved in case I need to restore. iOS6 is absolutely PERFECT, and the Legacy (perfect legacy I must say) of Steve. He had taste.Don't think you'll be able to restore even with a saved IPSW once Apple stops signing iOS 6 for iPhone 5 (which will more than likely happen very quickly after iOS 7 is publicly released).

Tamagotchi
Aug 26, 2013, 08:00 PM
Don't think you'll be able to restore even with a saved IPSW once Apple stops signing iOS 6 for iPhone 5 (which will more than likely happen very quickly after iOS 7 is publicly released).

I wont upgrade then... I really refuse to use iOS7.

Also, thanks to Ive, I switched to Android on one of my phones, and.... omg, its perfect.

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 08:02 PM
I wont upgrade then... I really refuse to use iOS7.

Also, thanks to Ive, I switched to Android on one of my phones, and.... omg, its perfect.

Your apps will stop working though... Did you even try it?

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 08:17 PM
I have my (unlocked) iPhone 5 with iOS6 and my US sim. Also have Nexus 4 with UK sim and unlocked. I use both daily. I, DO NOT, AND WILL NOT, upgrade my iPhone to that my little pony rubbish, I made my decision a long time ago. In fact, I have my IPSW for iOS6 already saved in case I need to restore. iOS6 is absolutely PERFECT, and the Legacy (perfect legacy I must say) of Steve. He had taste.

That's what i feel , i missed Steve taste in IOS 7
May be ios 6 missing some functions but it feels perfect and i really hope IOS 7 GM be near to that

thekingofnerds
Aug 26, 2013, 08:23 PM
I've never really respected people that stay behind for any reason except software unlock compatibility.

So you don't respect anyone with an old iphone, ipod touch, or a first gen ipad - since they can't upgrade due to hardware incompatibilities?

What if the old software just works better for them?

There are many other devices on the market. Maybe try a Nokia or Moto X.

So because some people don't want to use iOS 7 they should just stop using iOS all together?

Sorry if I sound rude, it's not targeted at you specifically, but I really hate this pompous attitude that floats around all too-much in the mac community. Everyone has their own tastes. "Think Different" as Apple used to say.

Should I belabor the obvious and say it's a matter of personal taste and need?

Thank goodness, someone gets it. :cool: :apple:

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 10:50 PM
It looks good, with the right background. Image (http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg)

Check this with the right background also :)

mohammed-eg
Aug 26, 2013, 10:55 PM
Who miss the animatin of deleting photo or notes and sending mail from photo app and camera snap in IOS 6 :)

Paddle1
Aug 26, 2013, 11:11 PM
Check this with the right background also :)

The picture I put is not the right background, there are lots of good backgrounds in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593760&page=61

ntrigue
Aug 27, 2013, 01:08 AM
So you don't respect anyone with an old iphone, ipod touch, or a first gen ipad - since they can't upgrade due to hardware incompatibilities?

What if the old software just works better for them?

This is a common forum phenomenon/technique. What you've done is taken my statement and called it incorrect because I didn't list the dozens of circumstances that qualify my respect statement. Obviously, someone unable to update beyond iOS 5 is not included. The conscious decision to 'show Apple we mean business and won't ever update' is what I do not respect, think is silly and feel there are much more important things to stand for in life.

So because some people don't want to use iOS 7 they should just stop using iOS all together?

Sorry if I sound rude, it's not targeted at you specifically, but I really hate this pompous attitude that floats around all too-much in the mac community.

You're right, that did come across as pompous. Apple and thousands of developers invest themselves into new software releases. Why not have fun expanding your horizons by trying new apps and wallpapers to see how they can make iOS 7 more appealing to you? Isn't that what has counted since the App Store launched; the ability to live in 3rd party apps? Personally, the switching in and out of apps is fluid and beautiful in iOS 7. That said, any popular app is going to be deprecated on iOS 6 so if you refuse to update then I'm sure there's an Android version.

Zedcars
Aug 27, 2013, 01:37 AM
I feel like much of the beauty of iOS 6 has been ripped out, and now we are left with some deranged bastard child that's just escaped from a mental asylum and is about to devoir all it claps its swirling ugly red eyes on with one hungry bite! What is this flat, nightmarish, psychedelic and uncoordinated mess that only a mother could love? It just makes me want to retch!

This is a such a shame as much of the new feature set is good. I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I was blind or tasteless or both.

ntrigue
Aug 27, 2013, 02:03 AM
I can't get any work done, I just want to stare at iOS 7's home screen.

Giuly
Aug 27, 2013, 02:08 AM
I really prefer the look of iOS 7 over IOS.
http://www.gambitcomm.com/site/images/Cisco_IOS1.gif

Switchback666
Aug 27, 2013, 02:35 AM
Eventually you will have to update anyway

Paddle1
Aug 27, 2013, 03:04 AM
Look at how it used to look:
http://thadailygeek.com/Daily2.0/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/iPhone-OS-1-vs-iOS-6.png

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Readers-Speak-What-iPhone-OS-3-2-Should-Bring-2.jpg
No drop shadow and flat dock! I'm sure that it will get as polished as iOS 6 eventually.

mohammed-eg
Aug 27, 2013, 03:31 AM
Look at how it used to look:
Image (http://thadailygeek.com/Daily2.0/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/iPhone-OS-1-vs-iOS-6.png)

Image (http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Readers-Speak-What-iPhone-OS-3-2-Should-Bring-2.jpg)
No drop shadow and flat dock! I'm sure that it will get as polished as iOS 6 eventually.

the IOS v1.0 Dock is near to IOS 7 look :p

oplix
Aug 27, 2013, 04:59 AM
"skeumorphic" - a word that exists solely in your vocabulary to describe previous versions of iOS.

hrrslmpk
Aug 28, 2013, 03:37 PM
I just want them to bring back the dock from iOS 6 and maybe have it look like the dock in Mavericks.

bbfc
Aug 28, 2013, 03:39 PM
I want to say something about multi tasking although it's more pretty but also more slow do you think that apps is not optimized enough now to work with it or just the limit of ram in 4s make this lags in multi tasking as i notice in ios 6 that it keeps more apps in background than ios 7

And breathe!

seble
Aug 29, 2013, 04:27 AM
the IOS v1.0 Dock is near to IOS 7 look :p

I guess in another 6 OSes time, they'll perfect the iOS7 look and design language ;)

ijohn.8.80
Aug 29, 2013, 04:35 AM
I can't get any work done, I just want to stare at iOS 7's home screen.

Ummm... You do realise that all the backgrounds you showed then have varying degrees of pixelation to them? Maybe try getting some backgrounds designed for the iPhone 5, they look like they were made for the smaller screen and have all been stretched out to fit...

glitch82
Aug 29, 2013, 10:19 AM
I really prefer the look of iOS 7 over IOS.
Image (http://www.gambitcomm.com/site/images/Cisco_IOS1.gif)

Wait, how's that screenshot related? lol

ntrigue
Aug 29, 2013, 12:16 PM
Ummm... You do realise that all the backgrounds you showed then have varying degrees of pixelation to them? Maybe try getting some backgrounds designed for the iPhone 5, they look like they were made for the smaller screen and have all been stretched out to fit...

You do realize what compression is when posting to the web?

ijohn.8.80
Aug 29, 2013, 06:02 PM
You do realize what compression is when posting to the web?

Ummm... You do realise that the fonts and new icons/logo's for the apps are not affected at all in those images you posted? So that's not the case here...

As they are screen grabs, everything in them would have been affected pretty well equally due to the thin nature of the new font style in iOS7.

What I was alluding to was that to show iOS7 as beautiful, show it in it's full beauty with a background that's not all pixelated... I wasn't having a go at you dude or dudette.

ntrigue
Aug 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
Ummm... You do realise that the fonts and new icons/logo's for the apps are not affected at all in those images you posted? So that's not the case here...

As they are screen grabs, everything in them would have been affected pretty well equally due to the thin nature of the new font style in iOS7.

What I was alluding to was that to show iOS7 as beautiful, show it in it's full beauty with a background that's not all pixelated... I wasn't having a go at you dude or dudette.

Thanks for pointing that out. I applied these wallpapers from a shared Photostream and discovered that when using the wallpapers from a shared Photostream Apple likes to destroy them. Applying the wallpapers from photo albums resolved the pixelation.

ijohn.8.80
Aug 30, 2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I applied these wallpapers from a shared Photostream and discovered that when using the wallpapers from a shared Photostream Apple likes to destroy them. Applying the wallpapers from photo albums resolved the pixelation.

Doesn't surprise me, I have experienced a few quirks along the way with using wallpapers and iOS7, especially panoramas. There are quite a few threads about it here. Apart from that I haven't had any problems, unlike Mavericks and the mystery of the Safari freezes. :rolleyes:

ntrigue
Sep 1, 2013, 12:02 AM
Clean