Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I have a G5 that I have to boot up and turn off about 4 or 5 times before I get an image on screen. (System 10.3.8) All the non-working bootups give me the following error dialogs: 1) "No Signal" which is immediately followed by 2) "Power Save". Once I get the machine functional, I leave it on all week. But every Monday AM I have to go through it all over again.

I don't believe it's the monitor because I tried to boot from my G3 to the same monitor and had no problem. I called Apple and they spent quite a while walking through different scenarios, which included removing all non-Apple peripherals. The tech finally had me use the Apple diagnostic disc which showed that there were no problems and the video card was fine.

He said the next step was to take it to the Apple store and have them work on it. This is my main production machine and I REALLY don't want to be without it for however long it takes. I'd have to spend probably 1/2 day loading software onto my G3, transferring files etc so I could keep working.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Butts M Biggilo

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
NY
Just a thought

It could be your power supply... I get the same thing when restarting my Quicksilver G4. Havent fixed it yet as my Quad comes today!
Butts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.