Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Hi guys!

I got this .DTS HD Master Audio rip from a Blu-ray that I'd like to play around with in Audition... Before I can do that though I'll need to convert it to a format that Audition can understand though... I'd like to split the channels into separate tracks without loosing quality... Any idea how I do this? There seems to be lots of useful apps for Windows out there but I haven't seen any for mac... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

What I did so far was to demux the audio track from the .m2ts file to .dts in Tsmuxer.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Hi guys!

I got this .DTS HD Master Audio rip from a Blu-ray that I'd like to play around with in Audition... Before I can do that though I'll need to convert it to a format that Audition can understand though... I'd like to split the channels into separate tracks without loosing quality... Any idea how I do this? There seems to be lots of useful apps for Windows out there but I haven't seen any for mac... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

What I did so far was to demux the audio track from the .m2ts file to .dts in Tsmuxer.

Man if I could do this on my MacBook I'd be a happy camper XD I asked this question a while ago. I have DTS-MA Encoder Suite and you can put the files in and have them decoded to individual LPCM mono tracks per channel but it won't recognize DTS-HD files from a Blu-ray rip, different header file. On another website someone had a solution that involved changing the header but it was windows only. The easiest solution is to grab a windows system and use eac3to, however you need to have a program that can decode DTS-HD to have the filters for it to be able to or it will only do the core track...also some programs dont decode the full 7.1 and can only do 5.1...I'm drawing a blank on the program that comes with the full DTS-HD-MA 7.1 filters but Ive gotten it to work. Wish it was as easy as TrueHD....Let me look around, this is of interest to me as well...

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Man if I could do this on my MacBook I'd be a happy camper XD I asked this question a while ago. I have DTS-MA Encoder Suite and you can put the files in and have them decoded to individual LPCM mono tracks per channel but it won't recognize DTS-HD files from a Blu-ray rip, different header file. On another website someone had a solution that involved changing the header but it was windows only. The easiest solution is to grab a windows system and use eac3to, however you need to have a program that can decode DTS-HD to have the filters for it to be able to or it will only do the core track...also some programs dont decode the full 7.1 and can only do 5.1...I'm drawing a blank on the program that comes with the full DTS-HD-MA 7.1 filters but Ive gotten it to work. Wish it was as easy as TrueHD....Let me look around, this is of interest to me as well...

Thanks! Let me know if you find a solution... :) I just tried using eac3to on parallels but couldn't get it to work... I forgot how unpleasant an experience Windows can be :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.