PDA

View Full Version : Kingston memory makes my powerbook freeze

stalet
Nov 21, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hi

Ive bought a Kingston KTA-PB533/1G memory stick for my new 17 inch 1.67 - after looking at some pages in the buying tips section. And it freezes my computer after about 20 to 30 minutes of useage. I tried to remove the old (512 mb) chip but it still freezes.
Even tho the ram test (both the long one and the short one) says that all the ram is ok.

Is this caused by bad RAM - or is it just that kingston ram doesnt work on the new powerbooks ?

Here is the link for the ram stick:
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/partsinfo.asp?ktcpartno=KTA-PB533/1G

Any suggestions ?

khisayruou
Nov 21, 2005, 09:43 AM
According to your product link the ram is specifically for the new powerbooks.
If thats the case, then it should be compatible and that would leave me to believe that the ram is bad. I would give kingston a call to make absolute sure the ram is 100% compatible with the new powerbooks, if it is then I would RMA it and get a new stick.

shadowmoses
Nov 21, 2005, 10:37 AM
Return it and get a new stick, i have Kingston RAM in my iBook and its fine, usually Kingston make very reliable RAM,

Shadow

stalet
Nov 21, 2005, 01:09 PM
Ok, thanks. It seems that the stick is guaranteed to work on the new powerbooks, so ill go ahead and return it.