Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Seeing today's 18 unique articles (and counting), it made me wonder...

1. What is MR's record day for number of uniques news stories posted?
2. Force-rank the days of the week from highest news story postings to least.

As always, appreciate your efforts.

Cheers.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I don't have quick access to that data, but it's an interesting question. If I'm counting right, we're at 23 now for the day, which is definitely on the high end for us. I'm sure we've had more on some busy keynote days though.

We have a lot more writers on staff than we used to, so it's been easier to keep things flowing. And there's just naturally a lot of stuff to cover right now since we're heading into iPhone/iPad season with a lot of Mac updates ready to drop as well. Retail store opening season is ramping up, and even Apple TV is getting good attention these days, so we're being kept busy.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Seeing today's 18 unique articles (and counting), it made me wonder...

1. What is MR's record day for number of uniques news stories posted?
2. Force-rank the days of the week from highest news story postings to least.

As always, appreciate your efforts.

Cheers.

October the 12th 2011 still seems to hold the record for users online, and articles posted. As Wildcowboy says, we are heading for a busy time now...Mac Pro, new IP, all just around the corner now...It's nice to be able to view the Keynotes via ATV which I assume Apple will continue to do. Used to have 3 streams running on busy days..:)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
October the 12th 2011 still seems to hold the record for users online, and articles posted. As Wildcowboy says, we are heading for a busy time now...Mac Pro, new IP, all just around the corner now...It's nice to be able to view the Keynotes via ATV which I assume Apple will continue to do. Used to have 3 streams running on busy days..:)

That's a good candidate...I see 27 articles on that day. iOS 5 and iCloud launch day.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Interesting. Thanks.
I'd love to see some Daytum-style infographics on the av. unique articles per day of the week, av. forum posts per day of the week and then a larger look at similar usage stats per month & year since Arn started this beautiful mess.
Surely someone here waaaay smarter than me can write a script for this. Right? ;)

Cheers.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Interesting. Thanks.
I'd love to see some Daytum-style infographics on the av. unique articles per day of the week, av. forum posts per day of the week and then a larger look at similar usage stats per month & year since Arn started this beautiful mess.
Surely someone here waaaay smarter than me can write a script for this. Right? ;)

Cheers.

There aren't any compiled statistics about articles the editorial staff posts. But you can see how MacRumors is Quantified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.