PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows Icon Missing

Rushli0n
Aug 29, 2013, 12:24 PM
So this just happened while watching Hulu, the TV Shows icon is gone, leaving just 4 icons on the top (Movies, Music, Computer, Settings).

This happened to anyone else?

al256
Aug 29, 2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, the same thing happened to my Apple TV this morning. I even restarted it just to see if it was that kind of issue but the TV shows icon is still missing.

I'm guessing it will eventually show up again.

Bugdozer
Aug 29, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mine is missing too!!! What is going on!

analogue
Aug 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
same, what the hell! I wanted to watch Breaking Bad this afternoon!

srsaz
Aug 29, 2013, 12:51 PM
Not good! This is the second weird ATV / iTunes issue I've experienced within a month.

I still can't play a particular purchased TV series! I can, (before this new issue started), watch other purchased shows however.

The error mx is similar to: "Unable to ...... try again later".

Tried every conceivable (plus some inconceivable) fixes without success.

Getting the run-around from the offshore iTunes support which annoys the cra* out of me.

kds1
Aug 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
Turned my :apple:TV on and I saw the TV Shows icon disappear instantly, then came here to see if anyone else had the same problem. Obviously this is a widespread issue. Guess we just wait for Apple to correct it.

balconycollapse
Aug 29, 2013, 01:56 PM
Same issue here so maybe it means some interesting new changes.

hanseknight
Aug 29, 2013, 01:58 PM
I miss my TV Symbol as well - but i am also unable to click TV Shows in the iTunes Store on my Mac. If i click TV Shows, Music is displayed :confused:

Edit: iOS7 Devices seem to work in the iTunes Store - TV Section

Rigby
Aug 29, 2013, 02:00 PM
Same here. The TV Show section in the iTunes store seems to be down too. If I click it in iTunes, it takes me to the general store homepage.

balconycollapse
Aug 29, 2013, 02:17 PM
"Introducing iTunes TV! Watch your favorite TV Shows and ..." It could happen?

aicul
Aug 29, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi,

TV SHOWS has just disappeared from my Apple TV ?

Everything else works, but the TV SHOWS is just missing. Even tried a full reset without any improvement.

Attached is screen of APPLE TV

Any ideas ?
Is the TV SHOW service down ?

SandboxGeneral
Aug 29, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hi,

TV SHOWS has just disappeared from my Apple TV ?

Everything else works, but the TV SHOWS is just missing. Even tried a full reset without any improvement.

Attached is screen of APPLE TV

Any ideas ?
Is the TV SHOW service down ?

That happened to me a couple of months ago. Both on my ATV2 and ATV3 at the same time. No idea what happened, but a few hours later they were back.

priitv8
Aug 29, 2013, 02:56 PM
But hey, as a compensation, there have been 5 new ones added to the bottom of screen!
Disney Channel, Disney XD, The Weather Channel, Smithsonian and Vevo. At least for me.

Gjwilly
Aug 29, 2013, 03:07 PM
Wouldn't you expect this to be front page news?
I mean I often see iCloud outages on the front page....
This seems to be affecting all Apple TVs.
:confused:

MacUser09
Aug 29, 2013, 04:07 PM
When I open iTunes and click on iTunes Store, I get the message "The item that you have requested is not available in the UK store."

Don't know if it is all part of the same problem.

nia820
Aug 29, 2013, 04:26 PM
It's gone for me. Apple better hurr up and fix it. I'm in the middle of watching re watching walking dead episodes and they are disrupting it.

Che Castro
Aug 29, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yeap icon gone

Rushli0n
Aug 29, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mine is back. Weird.

Bugdozer
Aug 29, 2013, 06:34 PM
Got mine back now