Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You have some customizations on your system. Are you using the latest versions of your customizations? What happens when you remove them?

iThinksimple

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Thank you for your replies. I had a theme called shades of gray installed. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling with no luck any ideas :?

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Would anyone happen to have a copy of the original theme folders :? Apparently if I copy them to my mac my theme problem should disappear. Can anyone confirm this :?

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Uninstall; Shades of Gray and re-install Lion. this should get back the original themes.

Ok I have shades of gray uninstalled currently so I will go reinstall lion. Thank your for your reply. I will let you know what happens...

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Ok so reinstalling lion worked like a charm :). If I install any custom lion themes my system ui breaks & reverts back to this ugly look with missing icons. I can stick with this default look but is there any way I can install custom themes without my system ui breaking :?

The only reason I install a custom theme is to change the close, minimise & maximise buttons...

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
If the theme break in Lion, they are not Lion themes.

Thats what I was thinking, but the themes say they are lion specific & other people are said to be currently using them. Anyway it doesn't bother me using the default theme. Thank you everyone for your help anyway...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.