PDA

View Full Version : What changes do you want to see added to the ATV home sharing app

Che Castro
Aug 30, 2013, 12:00 AM
The computer app?

One thing I would like to see is a search option , I know you can search from any iphone/ipad
But I want to search right from the Apple TV interface

2- having a recently added movie/show tab Inside the app

3- maybe a way to see the movie file info if you wish, like if a movie is 1080p/720p , audio bitrate
The same Info you can see In iTunes

Lord Hamsa
Aug 30, 2013, 06:59 AM
Better organization and navigation.

Under TV shows, list each show, then open that to get to seasons, and then individual episodes (if you have shows with "no season", then you can skip the second step for those).

For movies, allow them to be grouped into "movie series" (e.g., Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings), possibly using the "Show" metadata tag, and then display them similarly to TV shows above.

An option to display/navigate by a grid of cover art... honestly, similar to the iTunes interface. It may not be perfect, but it's better than the "list" format they're using now.

TJ61
Aug 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'd LOVE to see support for subfolders while looking at my photos. Once I go into a first level folder of photos, it shows ALL the photos in all subfolders. TiVo got this right from the start, which is why I continue to use it for slideshows on my TV.

Also, it takes FOREVER for the photos to load when I first turn on Home Sharing (10 - 15 minutes?). Again, TiVo FTW (which is kinda sad).