PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Beige G3: Zip/16MB ATI/OS X 10.3; Also an AIO desktop with OS 9.

im_to_hyper
Nov 21, 2005, 05:36 PM
Bump here due to inactivity. Also, I have done some work on these so they are better than they were when first posted.

My recently upgraded beige G3 (desktop case)

300 MHz G3
128 MB RAM (will upgrade to 256 or 512MB upon request for additional dinero)
6GB HD
16MB ATI 128 VGA Graphics (From original 2MB - can be returned to original so you can install a 32MB or 64MB card if you want to XPostFacto Tiger)
CD-ROM
Zip 100 Drive
Floppy (only works under 9.x)
OS X Panther (10.3.9) with latest updates is installed (using XPostFacto) along with OpenOffice. (10.2.0 is the "base install" which has XPostFacto installed -- the program is insanely easy to use. It has booted with no problems non-stop since mid-November into 10.3)

This computer actually runs great and is my primary Mac. I can listen to iTunes 6 streamed from another computer while having 5 tabs in FireFox and chatting in MSN and AIM. I love the capabilities of Macs... how I wish I had a new one... oh, wait. That's why I want to sell this :D I would like to sell this to get a Cube. Or a mini.

PowerMac 5500/225 (All in one case)

225MHz PowerPC 603e
96 MB RAM (upgradable to 128MB)
2GB HD
Floppy
CD-ROM
OS 9.2.2 installed using OS Helper. (OS X 10.0.0 - 10.2.8 can be installed with XPostFacto, though built-in ethernet works only sporadically - I've tried it with 10.0.3)

This is my secondary Mac that I use mostly just for MSN Messenger and some minor MS Word stuff.

Will look into any offers presented and would consider trading IFF (If and Only If) you tell me what you are wanting to trade.

Post either here or PM me.

im_to_hyper
Jan 1, 2006, 07:21 PM
BUMP: Still for sale, but made some changes to the systems for the better.