Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
17 minutes 9.3 miles to work via toll road 17 minutes 8.7 miles freeway?

And it defaults to the toll road every time. On top of that even to get to the grocery store across the street it makes me get onto the toll road then get off the toll road immediately. How has Apple not been sued over this? I'd be paying 32k a year in tolls if I ever used the default Siri directions.

D1STORT1ON

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
VA
There's actually a setting in the prefs somewhere that lets you specify the preference to "Avoid Tolls"

D1STORT1ON

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
VA
I thought it was Apple's Maps because that's all I use lately. I played with Google Maps a bit a while ago but only used it maybe twice.

Maybe old age is setting in! Aaack!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
17 minutes 9.3 miles to work via toll road 17 minutes 8.7 miles freeway?

And it defaults to the toll road every time. On top of that even to get to the grocery store across the street it makes me get onto the toll road then get off the toll road immediately. How has Apple not been sued over this? I'd be paying 32k a year in tolls if I ever used the default Siri directions.
In Apple Maps, you can report a problem. and this sure sounds like an issue to me.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
In Apple Maps, you can report a problem. and this sure sounds like an issue to me.

Something I'm going to do as well, as I got bit by this in Orange County last week. put in a route to San Clemente, and it definitely preferred the toll roads over any other freeway, and this was even with light traffic everywhere.

Definitely a problem to report.

BL.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Waze can avoided toll roads. Free app.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377970266.176356.jpg

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sure there is. Once you click on the car icon and you're on the screen where you can choose driving directions, transit, cycling or walking you can click on Route Options and choose Avoid highways and/or Avoid tolls.

Learn to use the app before you start suing.

Ya sure about that? How about you post a screenshot to back it up? Definitely not there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,068

touchu4g

macrumors member
May 19, 2012
Sure there is. Once you click on the car icon and you're on the screen where you can choose driving directions, transit, cycling or walking you can click on Route Options and choose Avoid highways and/or Avoid tolls.

Learn to use the app before you start suing.

That is for the Google Maps app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.