Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueeye

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I've been having a weird problem in the last two or so months where sometimes (it can be in almost any application, and happens seemingly completely randomly, with no repeatability) my keyboard on my MBP (late 2009) acts as if a key is stuck (normally one of the arrow keys) and repeats it for about 15 seconds before giving me back control. None of my keys feel remotely sticky, and I keep my mac pretty clean, so does anyone have any idea as to what may be wrong?

wjames

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
Having key repeat problems as well

I have seen similar behavior. For me it seems to be related to key repeat. It is especially aggravating when coding and holding down the delete key turns into code gobbling. I think it was related to the key repeat rate. I slowed down key repeat in preferences and have not seen the problem lately. Guess is that key repeats were being buffered up and then released in a burst after release of the key. It does give the perception of a stuck key when it isn't. Is this what you saw??

Running 10.8.4 on early 2008 macbook pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.