Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonafidde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I just upgraded to beta 6 and it asked me to set up a passcode

I thought i put in the numbers i normally use but i guess i mistakenly hit another number instead. Now i cant figure out my pass code.

my phone keeps getting disabled after a few tries. What can i do

Fin745

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2013
Call Apple...It's the only way to sort this out, and they will have records etc.

I'm sure they could sort this out at the Apple Store!
Are you kidding me! AppleCare or the Apple Store doesn't support iOS7.

Put the device in recovery mode and restore. Activation lock will still apply, but all you need is your Apple ID and password and you'll be good to go, you can stay on iOS6 or go back to iOS 7 after that.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Last edited:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Call Apple...It's the only way to sort this out, and they will have records etc.

No they don't. Apple does NOT have record or your passcodes. This is in part so there is zero way for someone to steal a phone and weasel their way into getting the info out of some neophyte employee.

If you disable your phone and it's on the 'try again in x minutes' phase you might be able to do a backup to a computer provided the phone has been attached to that computer previously and had a sync or backup done. Otherwise,hope you were backing up to iCloud cause you are about to lose everything.

Only way to bust past a passcode lock is a DFU restore. And you are best off googling how to do it yourself because there is no in store support for iOS 7 software issues and many stores won't even do DFUs because they don't want folks freaking about how it was bricked, reverted to iOS 6 (the only way they can do it) etc

Eitel

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I thought i put in the numbers i normally use but i guess i mistakenly hit another number instead. Now i cant figure out my pass code.

You "mistankenly" hit another number instead...same wrong combination... twice?? :rolleyes:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
OP, rather than attempt to argue semantics with you or question the situation, I'm just going to help you unlock your phone. It's easy—just hack it.

1. Start hacking it.

2. Make sure your computer is beeping and whirring with all the hacking sounds.

3. Play a video of a pre-rendered, wireframe cube spinning and shooting hacker code from it and stuff.

4. When you get the prompt 'Would you like to finish hacking?', don't click yes—hack the yes!

That's it, really. Good luck.

Last edited:

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
OP, rather than attempt to argue semantics with you or question the situation, I'm just going to help you unlock your phone. It's easy—just hack it.

1. Start hacking it.

2. Make sure your computer is beeping and whirring with all the hacking sounds.

3. Play a video of a pre-rendered, wireframe cube spinning and shooting hacker code from it and stuff.

4. When you get the prompt 'Would you like to finish hacking?', don't click yes—hack the yes!

That's hit, really. Good luck.
I concur: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkl_8SGCfw

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
I just upgraded to beta 6 and it asked me to set up a passcode

my phone keeps getting disabled after a few tries. What can i do

Wait... Doesn't Apple usually tell you to enter it twice to ensure you do NOT mispress the buttons?

vinitmenon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Canada
yep.. seems like stolen iphone.. cause one cant just enter wrong number twice without having knowledge of it!

other option is to hit dfu and restore to ios6 and use ur apple id pass to unlock.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
not if they were using Find My iPhone and can't remember which of their 10 emails was their Apple ID or the password

Indeed, im excited to see how crooks will react or what work around they will figure to deal with the new security on iOS :p on paper it seems to be legit and pretty much render devices useless without the passwords and icloud codes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.