PDA

View Full Version : Apple 23-Inch Cinema HD Display

MacBytes
Nov 21, 2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Reviews
Link: Apple 23-Inch Cinema HD Display (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051121213703)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

SiliconAddict
Nov 22, 2005, 01:43 AM
Meh. . . I got my 24" Dell 2405FPW at a fraction of the price (Dell screwed up and sent me a 24" instead of their 20.1") and I love it. The little extras like the built in storage card reader, USB hub, swivel display, picture in picture and picture by picture, along with component\composite\DVI\VGA ports makes the 2405, for the most part, superior. IMHO the only thing going for the ACD is that it looks pretty and it integrates with Macs at a level that is slick. And at a savings of $350-ish (You know Dell. With coupons and deals it can be more.) pretty, at least for me, ain't worth it. YMMV though. *shrugs* If you got the money, spurge.

RoadKill
Nov 22, 2005, 02:53 AM
I'd love a apple 23" screen to replace my massive 20" CRT but the best thing about this article was a picture of the screen running windows and displaying the website for 'spybot, search and destroy' a must have util for windows users :D

Cooknn
Nov 22, 2005, 07:31 AM
I've got a 23-inch Cinema HD and it is by far the best monitor I've ever owned. Bought it on the day that OS X Tiger was released. Yeah, it cost more than the Dell, but then again so did my Power Mac. For me more pretty was worth it ;)

iGary
Nov 22, 2005, 07:34 AM
I've got a 23-inch Cinema HD and it is by far the best monitor I've ever owned. Bought it on the day that OS X Tiger was released. Yeah, it cost more than the Dell, but then again so did my Power Mac. For me more pretty was worth it ;)

Ditto.

I have a Dell 2005FPW and it's just too plasticky, creaky, cheap...no offense, that's just my personal taste. Plus I have no use for all the different intputs etc...so that is a non issue.

pionata
Nov 22, 2005, 07:52 AM
Im still wondering if I should get the 23" ACD, the dell 2405, or the new planar 2320 wich also support hdtv inputs, but is much more expensive.

Opinions?

SPUY767
Nov 22, 2005, 09:09 AM
Pointless article. Simple fact is, if you have a mac, you buy this monitro if you're a pro, if you have a PC, you buy a dell and complain about dead pixels. No new information here. Anyone been to Kantor.com Lately?

combatcolin
Nov 22, 2005, 10:15 AM
ONCE AN FOR ALL

Right,:mad: , lets get this sorted out.

The Dell 24" looks good.
The Apple 23" Looks amazing.

Would i, and many other Big Dell owners prefer the 23 ACD?, of course we would, but the price is just too much of an obstacle to overcome and the multitute of other features of the Big Dell closes the deal.

So, ONCE AND FOR ALL, the 24" Dell will look good on your desk.

I thank you.

Silencio
Nov 22, 2005, 12:10 PM
Im still wondering if I should get the 23" ACD, the dell 2405, or the new planar 2320 wich also support hdtv inputs, but is much more expensive.

Opinions?

Well, I'm a pretty brand loyal guy for Planar. Very happy with my ancient FPT1814NUV and my somewhat newer PX191. That PX2320MW looks like it's right up my alley, though it's $1,500+. A shame that Planar has such a low profile in the consumer market: you never see reviews of their products on the big web sites, nor do you see their stuff on B&M store shelves. Their industrial designs are attractive in a low-key way, build quality is very high, and their support - if needed - is good.

http://www.planar.com/Products/flatpanel_monitors/px_flatpanel/PX2320MW.cfm

I would more strongly consider the Apple 23" Cinema, but there's no excuse at all for the one year warranty.

winmacguy
Nov 22, 2005, 03:22 PM
If your profession requires it (Photoshop retouching, DV production) then get one otherwise there are plenty of other suitable cheaper monitors on the market that are of sufficient quality.

Cooknn
Nov 22, 2005, 03:51 PM
If your profession requires it (Photoshop retouching, DV production) then get one otherwise there are plenty of other suitable cheaper monitors on the market that are of sufficient quality.If all I was after was suitable and cheap I wouldn't even own a Mac :cool:

stoid
Nov 22, 2005, 04:02 PM
This review is a year old! It was posted in November 2004 when the monitor cost $1,800!

Why are we first looking at it now?

ITASOR
Nov 22, 2005, 04:32 PM
Why would anyone with a PC even consider buying an APPLE Cinema Display? That doesn't make any sense, does it?

winmacguy
Nov 22, 2005, 10:24 PM
This review is a year old! It was posted in November 2004 when the monitor cost $1,800!

Why are we first looking at it now?
Because I only spotted it last night.;)

winmacguy
Nov 22, 2005, 10:25 PM
If all I was after was suitable and cheap I wouldn't even own a Mac :cool:
You pay peanuts you get monkeys.