Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Help with engraving on an iPod, and help insure that a sibling rivalry continues.

My sister and I have always had a rivalry- who doesn’t. We are no longer at each others thoughts, but we once were. It's all jokes now. My parents will be helping me with an iPod purchase, and suggested that I get it engraved with something funny.

To further sibling rivalry (and to continue a yearly tradition), I thought I would get it engraved with something like.

For John,
Our Favorite Child.

or

John
We love you best.

or
We love you most.
Don't tell Jane

Any other suggestions?

Note: My sister and I joke about this yearly, so no feelings will be hurt.

[EDIT] Oops, I meant to post this in the iPod forum.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
kainjow said:
or
Dear John
Please post in the Community Discussion next time

:p :D

Tough call. I originally started the thead in perifferials, not knowing that there was an iPod area. I wasn't quite sure- this is iPod discussion. - Mistake made- oh well.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Heh, I'm just playing.

Either way, it's kind of an odd question. Sort of like asking, "What should I get my sister for Christmas this year? Last year I got her candles and I was thinking of getting her the same again this year, but I'm not sure if she likes them. Maybe the latest Josh Grobin CD?" :p

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
"Dear John, please ensure you insure this iPod and we assure you that you are our favourite child."

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
Any of the ones that you mentioned would be awesome... I wish the sibling rivalry between me and my brother was like that. If I did that, my brother would be like so... we knew that already.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Eniregnat said:
Help with engraving on an iPod, and help insure that a sibling rivalry continues.

Haha, I was just searching for some inspiration for engraving my own ipod and I found this thread.

If you really like crossing the line -- as I do, take it a couple steps farther:

"Don't tell Jane she was adopted."

I thought of a couple much worse but I think I'd get banned for posting them :)

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
playaproved said:
Any of the ones that you mentioned would be awesome... I wish the sibling rivalry between me and my brother was like that. If I did that, my brother would be like so... we knew that already.
Give it time. It takes 10 years of living away from each other to gain perspective (and it's not like is true). My sister almost always greets me on the phone with, "Mom and dad like me best- neener." She's 30. We're cool with it, though she still has grudges. She still is pissed off that I went off to UCD to stud biochem (never graduated), while she was stuck in high school.

savar said:
"Don't tell Jane she was adopted."
- Brilliant

It reads
"John-We love you most!"
"P.S. Jane is adopted."

[Edit- allmost misspelled adopted.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.