Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uijaz1153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
I installed Windows 7 on my mac os x a few days ago. Everything was working fine until some updates were installed on my windows 7 side. Afterwards, the screen went blank and I couldn't see/move my cursor. I powered my laptop off and tried opening up windows again but it doesn't get past the start up screen, not even in safe mode. Thank God my mac partition is working fine but why isn't windows working???

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
It's anyone's guess. Typically Windows Updates do not do that - that is usually caused by a dirty shutdown corrupting the disk. You can try booting from the Windows 7 media and running repair utilities from that, or saving your files by dragging them in OS X to the OS X partition and reinstalling Windows.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
I installed Windows 7 on my mac os x a few days ago. Everything was working fine until some updates were installed on my windows 7 side. Afterwards, the screen went blank and I couldn't see/move my cursor. I powered my laptop off and tried opening up windows again but it doesn't get past the start up screen, not even in safe mode. Thank God my mac partition is working fine but why isn't windows working???

After installing BC with windows 7/8 and BEFORE (NEVER-AUTO) update your CLEAN install:

1. make a repair-point [good english? :confused:] With those you can always, after three faulty boots, repair last known best install;
2. make a backup to an external backup of the clean install;
3. turn AUTO-UPDATE-and-install [OFFFFFFFF!!!] in your Windows and assure yourself that i.e. NO old display-driver will be installed in your working fresh install:
4. choose your updates carefully, if not certain check forums for users experiences and always make an all-systems-go repair-ponit BEFORE each mayor update for Windows or hardware drivers!

Just my 2c! Good Luck & Cheers!!!

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England

Reinstall it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.