Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
This has been the best computer Ive owned but the screen died. I took it into the Apple store and they thought it was a cable and something small but it turns outt he LCD screen died.

They said it would cost $400 ish to replace....not worth it.

Is there much value in selling the macbook on ebay etc with dead lcd screen?

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could maybe get 100 to 200 € for that MacBook from someone collecting them for parts (logic board and such), but why not check eBay yourself to find out?

APhillyApple

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Why is $400 not worth it? Just curious. These models have so much life in them and properly upgraded can be nice machines.

I agree, its one of the best computers that I have ever had. I use it daily, it doesnt heavy lift like my iMac but its more than enough for day to day operations. If it were me I would get it fixed, you could also scour ebay to get a price for the same machine.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I agree, its one of the best computers that I have ever had. I use it daily, it doesnt heavy lift like my iMac but its more than enough for day to day operations. If it were me I would get it fixed, you could also scour ebay to get a price for the same machine.

I would scour eBay or Craigslist for a dumped machine. (Someone selling it as broken) You can salvage components you need that way and have spares if something were to break in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.