Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
It will be nice. Hopefully, they include a lot of the ones that I have purchased including the Chet and Bernie series such as Dog On It: a Chet and Bernie Mystery (Bernie's a private detective and Chet is his sidekick, an almost police dog that narrates the adventures). We'll see...

Last edited:

dumastudetto

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
It's just a cheap gimmick really. Kindle is subpar to the iBooks experience we Apple fans all love and demand. This won't make us switch to Amazon.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's just a cheap gimmick really. Kindle is subpar to the iBooks experience we Apple fans all love and demand. This won't make us switch to Amazon.

Are you ****ing kidding me?! :rolleyes: I LOVE Apple, and have for the last 22 years, however, I don't like to put my eggs in one basket. Nor do I like to overpay for digital copies of stuff. Hence I use Amazon for eBooks and music (when eMusic doesn't have what I'm looking for). If I wanted to overpay for books, that's what Barnes & Noble is for.

I think the iBooks Authoring tool is great, and I love the overall quality of them. However, for just plain reading, the iBooks software sucks. And so does the Amazon one even. So I rip the DRM off my purchases and use them in whatever reader I want.

People have the right to get digital copies of their books for fairly cheap. Apple of course doesn't have the power to do so, but it doesn't mean that Amazon isn't in the wrong for doing so.

And honestly, it doesn't matter to Amazon whether you switch or not. What matters is that the people who are still buying print books, or have in the past, might just pick up a Kindle, or even sign up to read those books on whatever device they own. And if they like it, it'll lead to more eBook sales for them.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

I'm a big Apple fan, but I read almost exclusively on my Kindle. I love it. It is light weight, has great battery life, can see it out doors in sunlight, etc.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I'm a big Apple fan, but I read almost exclusively on my Kindle. I love it. It is light weight, has great battery life, can see it out doors in sunlight, etc.

Same here, though 'my Kindle' could be my iPad, my HTC One, my Kindle reader, or nearly any other device as Amazon allows the flexibility to read your e-books anywhere you like--a huge advantage over the limitations of iBooks. My wife only has an iPad (no other e-reader) yet she's never purchased a book via iBooks. However, B&N had made hundreds of dollars from us thanks to the flexibility of their Nook app. Want to borrow an ebook from your local library? Can't do that via iBooks however Kindle works great.

I haven't read a book via iBooks in years--should be a wake up call for Apple considering our household is full of Apple gear.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Same here, though 'my Kindle' could be my iPad, my HTC One, my Kindle reader, or nearly any other device as Amazon allows the flexibility to read your e-books anywhere you like--a huge advantage over the limitations of iBooks. My wife only has an iPad (no other e-reader) yet she's never purchased a book via iBooks. However, B&N had made hundreds of dollars from us thanks to the flexibility of their Nook app. Want to borrow an ebook from your local library? Can't do that via iBooks however Kindle works great.

I haven't read a book via iBooks in years--should be a wake up call for Apple considering our household is full of Apple gear.

Like you I love the flexibility of being able to read Kindle books on just about anything.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Like you I love the flexibility of being able to read Kindle books on just about anything.

I use both iBooks and Kindle, iBooks for pdf´s and Kindle for everything else, I love the kindle app and I prefer it to ibooks, too many practical functions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.