PDA

View Full Version : More Mac Sightings...

Pages : [1] 2

edesignuk
Dec 27, 2002, 03:18 PM
Yes I know, it's another one of those 'mac sightings' threads :D :rolleyes: :p

But what the hey...

The christmas special of Absolutely Fabulous (big comedy series in the UK) is just on TV and in the kitchen where they used to have a cube and a 15" studio they now have a nice FP iMac.
Also the other night on the BBC's 'Test the Nation 2002' the people in the studio checking e-mails etc all had 17" FP iMacs too!
I also just downloaded Goldmember this afternoon ( ;) ) and watched it for the first time, and in it (this has probably been mentioned before, sorry) Austin uses a TiBook! :D GROOOOVY!

Anyone spotted anymore recently?

Wes
Dec 27, 2002, 03:33 PM
Well in the brochure for my 43inch Pioneer Plasma, it has a guy using a tibook to surf the web on the tv.

rainman::|:|
Dec 27, 2002, 03:55 PM
?!?!?! there's a christmas special of Ab Fab? Dammit and damn me for not living in the UK. i got the 4th season on DVD for christmas... and i've been dying for more, more MORE! last i heard, the series was completely finished... hmm

Well, maybe i'll be lucky and our BBC or ComCentral will pick it up...

:)
pnw

Wes
Dec 27, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
?!?!?! there's a christmas special of Ab Fab? Dammit and damn me for not living in the UK. i got the 4th season on DVD for christmas... and i've been dying for more, more MORE! last i heard, the series was completely finished... hmm

pnw

Wait a month and then do a search on Kazaa would be my advice...

scem0
Dec 27, 2002, 05:34 PM
You can see macs on TV ALL THE TIME. I saw one in a whitney
houston music video. She was on her powerbook :D.

Dec 27, 2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by scem0
You can see macs on TV ALL THE TIME. I saw one in a whitney
houston music video. She was on her powerbook :D.

Dear god, you shouldn't be watching Whitney Houston video's, you should be watching Jay Fiedler ROMP over the Patriots on Sunday:o

medea
Dec 27, 2002, 07:01 PM
heres one though not from TV, it's on Samsungs site. There is not only an iPod but an iBook as well, funny thing is that samsung actually makes PC's! http://www.samsungelectronics.com/

medea
Dec 27, 2002, 07:57 PM
and another one just spotted, after That 70's Show was over some new show called What I Like About You came on and Jennie Garth has a flatpanel iMac.

yzeater
Dec 28, 2002, 08:45 AM
The show 24 has FP iMacs and Powerbooks.
In Zoolander they have a CRT iMac

irmongoose
Dec 28, 2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
[B]
I also just downloaded Goldmember this afternoon ( ;) ) and watched it for the first time, and in it (this has probably been mentioned before, sorry) Austin uses a TiBook! :D GROOOOVY!/B]

If you look closely, in the lab where Austin is in the car, there is a whole rack full of G4 towers... you can see it pretty well if you see the part where Austin is talking to Basil... in the window next to Basil are the towers.... when I first spotted them, I thought 'shweeeeeet :D'

irmongoose

wdlove
Dec 30, 2002, 03:35 PM
"All My Children" 1pm Monday December 30th 4 Women setting up a new cosmectics company, spend the hour brainstorming for a name. Each with a dream sequence, personal dreams. The new name, "Infusion." Dream sequence office for the new company with all Apple computers, great advertising. Mainly iMacs & Cinema Displays 17" & 23" :) :)

diorio
Dec 30, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by edesignuk
Yes I know, it's another one of those 'mac sightings' threads :D :rolleyes: :p

But what the hey...

The christmas special of Absolutely Fabulous (big comedy series in the UK) is just on TV and in the kitchen where they used to have a cube and a 15" studio they now have a nice FP iMac.
Also the other night on the BBC's 'Test the Nation 2002' the people in the studio checking e-mails etc all had 17" FP iMacs too!
I also just downloaded Goldmember this afternoon ( ;) ) and watched it for the first time, and in it (this has probably been mentioned before, sorry) Austin uses a TiBook! :D GROOOOVY!

Anyone spotted anymore recently?

Actually I thought Austin used a powerbook, but I could be wrong.

Durandal7
Dec 30, 2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by diorio

Actually I thought Austin used a powerbook, but I could be wrong.
Same thing, just a little nickname we all use. Titanium Powerbook= TiBook

diorio
Dec 30, 2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7

Same thing, just a little nickname we all use. Titanium Powerbook= TiBook

Oh:o I've been meaning to ask what that meant. :D

wdlove
Dec 31, 2002, 11:26 AM
"CSI: Miami: Wet Foot/Dry Foot" 10pm Monday December 30th showed an iMac.

alset
Jan 1, 2003, 04:26 AM
As a student at a recording school, I always notice how prominently Macs are featured in Pro Audio magazines. The greatest place to look for them in print would have to be music gear advertisements.

Dan

Juventuz
Jan 1, 2003, 11:23 AM
OK now don't flame me or anything, but on the tv show Fastlane Tiffani Theissen's character has an iMac at her desktop that is always being used be her.

All of the WB shows that have a shot with a computer in it are Macs, the WB I believe has some sort of contract with Apple over it.

edesignuk
Jan 1, 2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Juventuz
OK now don't flame me or anything, but on the tv show Fastlane Tiffani Theissen's character has an iMac at her desktop that is always being used be her.

Why would anyone flame you? :confused:

Juventuz
Jan 1, 2003, 11:50 AM
You never know, not many people think Fastlane is quality tv. I enjoy it for what it is though...

edesignuk
Jan 1, 2003, 12:06 PM
You never know, not many people think Fastlane is quality tv. I enjoy it for what it is though...
Oh right, I didn't know you were talking about the show, I have no idea what it is living in the UK, but if it's got Tiffani Thiessen in it can't can't be all bad ;) :D

Groovsonic
Jan 1, 2003, 12:41 PM
Happy New Years, By the way....

Did you notice that VH1 uses macs for all of their TV ads featuring their internet site? They dont show the computer, but when they click on stuff, the black and white spinning thing come up.

Also (and I'm ashamed to say I know this) they use them on Lifetime TV commercials. A lady is sitting at her iBook, clicking on a giant LIFETIMETV.COM thing in the middle of her screen.

One more... In the new Sum 41 video, the manager guy is using a TiBook, but they have obscured the apple logo to be a circle.

(by the way, I would have to say that this is one of the cool things about owning a mac. Do you think people with a compaq even notice or care when they see one? I totally dig this!)

jaykk
Jan 1, 2003, 02:23 PM
MacNN reports that the latest issue of PC Magazine contains an advertisement for Gateway, which features an Apple PowerBook G4 being used to listen to music in an advertisement titled "Shoot, Edit, or Jam."

Gateway Ad (http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=17801)
Enhanced Scan of Image (http://www4.macnn.com/macnn/articles/gateway_ad_powerbook_1202.jpg)

OutThere
Jan 1, 2003, 03:05 PM
Normally, in Motor Trend magazine if they have an as for their website the screenshot will almost always be the website viewed using IE in OS9.

In TLC's (The TV channel) ad for their website they are always using a mac with a black promouse, aftermarket keyboard, and a apple flatpanel display.

OutThere
Jan 1, 2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by jaykk
MacNN reports that the latest issue of PC Magazine contains an advertisement for Gateway, which features an Apple PowerBook G4 being used to listen to music in an advertisement titled "Shoot, Edit, or Jam."

Gateway Ad (http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=17801)
Enhanced Scan of Image (http://www4.macnn.com/macnn/articles/gateway_ad_powerbook_1202.jpg)

Maybe there is a switcher in the midst of their adverstising company ;)

brandon6684
Jan 1, 2003, 04:27 PM
Every time there is a Laptop in use on The Agency(the show about the CIA) It's usually a TiBook. I did notice recently that their workstations went from SGI to Dell.

wdlove
Jan 4, 2003, 08:12 PM
Fox Trot likes Apple, article appeared 1/3/03!

Mac til death
Jan 4, 2003, 09:52 PM
gateway's new laptop?

solvs
Jan 5, 2003, 02:01 AM
My Step-Father works for Warner-Brothers Studio in LA, and although there are Macs everywhere on the sets (just watch any show produced by Time-Warner), the office people are stuck with Compaqs (ugh).

I heard that Apple likes to have their stuff all over the place (free advertising) and gives them to the studios (and sometimes the "talent") for cheap, or even free.

Just watch Drew Carey, or any of those WB shows, they all have Macs. Buffy and Angel do, too.

M$ doesn't like to do that.

OutThere
Jan 5, 2003, 09:58 AM
In Motor Trend Magazine the authors of the article "Hummming across america" take along a TiBook across the US for updating their website along the way.

DaedalusDE
Jan 5, 2003, 10:00 AM
I saw a few commercials the other day with powerbooks in them:

a) a matress commercial
b) a lamp commercial
c) an insurance commercial (with the apple logo blacked...or titaniumed out)
d) a slip cover commercial

Also just thought i'd mention this... in season one of 24, every major character in CTU or the president's campaign team used either a powerbook, ibook, or powermac... except for Nina... she used a Dell and what do you know, she was the mole!

crassusad44
Jan 5, 2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by OutThere761
Normally, in Motor Trend magazine if they have an as for their website the screenshot will almost always be the website viewed using IE in OS9.

In TLC's (The TV channel) ad for their website they are always using a mac with a black promouse, aftermarket keyboard, and a apple flatpanel display.

Discovery Channel also uses a Mac in one of their commercials for their website. It's an old iMac with the puck mouse thou'...

TimDaddy
Jan 5, 2003, 11:20 PM
Every commercial for Adelphia Powerlink (their cable internet service) shows Apple hardware and Mac OS9. Yet, every time my connection is down they tell me it's not down. My computer just isn't recognizing it for some reason, and they can't help me because I'm on a Mac. They don't support Macs!:rolleyes:

It's funny watching movies that I saw back when I was a P.C. user again now. I saw You've Got Mail on T.V. a couple of weeks ago, and Meg Ryan uses a Mac in it. I never noticed back when I saw it in on the big screen.(funny, I think the version of AOL she's using is the same version currently available for Mac) There was another movie I saw again, can't remember the name. But, it was about a couple who lived in a haunted house. The house turned out to be haunted by the spirit of the husband's mistress whom he had murdered the previous year. Anyway, things will turn on and off by themselves. She's walking through her house one day, and you can see a computer turn on in the background and OS9 booting up.

wdlove
Jan 6, 2003, 01:20 PM
Boomtown: Monster's Brawl 10pm on CBS Sunday 1/5/03 they showed two 22" Cinema Displays in the studio of filmmakers.

Juventuz
Jan 6, 2003, 01:51 PM
Boomtown's a great show... but it's on NBC.

iShater
Jan 6, 2003, 05:58 PM
The Chicago ABC 7 newstation advertises their website for you to login. If you watch the stock quotes they are typing in, it is AAPL :D

arogge
Jan 6, 2003, 06:14 PM
PowerBooks are featured in the Fox television series "24" and Boston Public. The NBC comedy Scrubs features Apple computers too - I spotted a flat-panel iMac in the most recent show.

diorio
Jan 6, 2003, 09:32 PM
I think I just saw a Tibook on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Wes
Jan 8, 2003, 10:34 AM
When opening yahoo mail. I hope you guys can view it.Another (http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/webhosting/wh_mnstr.swf)

arogge
Jan 9, 2003, 01:05 AM
The FOX series "John Doe" features a PowerBook in this week's show.

MacBandit
Jan 9, 2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by arogge
The FOX series "John Doe" features a PowerBook in this week's show.

It also features a MDD powermac and a 23"HD. He has quite a computer lab set up.

I was watching Connections (probably a very old rerun) tonight and saw a really old powerbook on there. It might have been a duo or 2xx series. The video of it was obviously old and from a cheap camera. The model number and all other small text was very blurry.

rainman::|:|
Jan 9, 2003, 03:17 AM
i'm big into contemporary design, and i get a catalog called DWR (design within reach)... www.dwr.com if anyone else is interested, very good prices... anyway they show almost exclusively Macs on their furniture, desks, etc. In the latest issue, they had a two-page spread on Design in the Workplace in the last 20 years... and the flat-panel iMac was shown as one of the four biggest advances... They praised Apple in general for their attention to detail and design...

i thought it was pretty cool, i opened the catalog while i was waiting for the keynote stream to start, so it was like a bonus :)

pnw

medea
Jan 9, 2003, 09:06 AM
i'm big into contemporary design, and i get a catalog called DWR (design within reach)... www.dwr.com if anyone else is interested, very good prices... anyway they show almost exclusively Macs on their furniture, desks, etc. In the latest issue, they had a two-page spread on Design in the Workplace in the last 20 years... and the flat-panel iMac was shown as one of the four biggest advances... They praised Apple in general for their attention to detail and design...

i thought it was pretty cool, i opened the catalog while i was waiting for the keynote stream to start, so it was like a bonus :)

pnw
Hey thanks for the link, I forgot about that place. But right now IKEA is a bit more in my price range....
All the Comcast ads here have macs in them as well. Or maybe it's Time Warner?

Juventuz
Jan 9, 2003, 09:53 AM
All of the Time Warner and Road Runner adds here show macs in the commercials.

arogge
Jan 10, 2003, 12:23 AM
This week's episode of Scrubs featured a PowerBook G4. I'm glad to see all of these Apple product placements on television.

wdlove
Jan 21, 2003, 02:51 PM
"All My Children" original iBook, orange was located in the dorm RM of a college student!

g30ffr3y
Jan 21, 2003, 03:15 PM
alright... ive gotta ask... does MDD stand for mirrored disk drive???

Wes
Jan 21, 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by g30ffr3y
alright... ive gotta ask... does MDD stand for mirrored disk drive???

Close but no cigar, Mirrored Drive Doors. ;)

MacFan25
Jan 21, 2003, 03:48 PM
I saw an iMac on the NBC show, "Ed", last week.

g30ffr3y
Jan 21, 2003, 04:03 PM
thanks... that was bugging the heck out of me...

WinterMute
Jan 22, 2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by yzeater
The show 24 has FP iMacs and Powerbooks.
In Zoolander they have a CRT iMac

A friend reckons you could tell who the bad guys were in 24 because they used PCs, all the good guys got the Macs, any thoughts on that?

Juventuz
Jan 22, 2003, 01:26 PM
It's true, last season Nina was the only one to use a PC.

Juventuz
Jan 22, 2003, 01:27 PM
Sorry about the double post, but...

Ephram on Everwood (the WB) has a TiPB.

He uses it a lot.

I believe all the shows on the WB use macs of one sort or another.

lmalave
Jan 22, 2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by solvs
My Step-Father works for Warner-Brothers Studio in LA, and although there are Macs everywhere on the sets (just watch any show produced by Time-Warner), the office people are stuck with Compaqs (ugh).

I heard that Apple likes to have their stuff all over the place (free advertising) and gives them to the studios (and sometimes the "talent") for cheap, or even free.

Just watch Drew Carey, or any of those WB shows, they all have Macs. Buffy and Angel do, too.

M$ doesn't like to do that.

I really, really doubt this is "free" advertising. Companies pay top dollar for product placement, and a big corporation like Time Warner - who's revenues are largely based on advertising, after all - is NOT going to give away free advertising. My guess is that a significant portion of Apple's marketing budget goes toward product placement.

Wes
Jan 22, 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WinterMute

A friend reckons you could tell who the bad guys were in 24 because they used PCs, all the good guys got the Macs, any thoughts on that?

I never watched the show, but I read on the forums here that the "insider" used a dell, and the rest of them used macs. On a side note, on Sky News (uk news channel) today featured a PB G4 during an ad for digital tv.

scem0
Jan 22, 2003, 04:45 PM
I forgot where I saw this, but there was an add for a PC keyboard
product. I think It was a keyboard cover, and there was an apple
pro keyboard hooked up to a PC. :o ;)

wdlove
Jan 27, 2003, 04:29 PM
Don Imus, of the "Imus Show" out of WFAN, NY talking about the Superbowl Half Time Show, "I won't be putting Shawyna Twain on my iPod." He was disgusted when he heard that she was lipsinking her performance.

wdlove
Jan 28, 2003, 07:09 PM
Apple Minie Me ad during "The Practice" Monday night.

17" iMac on "All My Children" today.

wdlove
Jan 30, 2003, 01:18 PM
Apple Minie Me ad during "Law & Order" Wednesday night.

AssassinOfGates
Jan 30, 2003, 09:18 PM
TimeWarner's roadrunner and cable / roadrunner commercials sport PowerBook G4s, 22" Displays, the pro mouse and keyboard, and an indigo iMac g3. Funny, when I initially got RoadRunner to replace our 56k service, it never supported the mac platform after installation, so technical support was unavailable for us.

Also, in that horrid Maxim hair color commercial that runs on comedy central, the first girl in the office has a TiBook with the Apple logo blurred

wdlove
Jan 31, 2003, 04:01 PM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Titanium Power Book & iBook

"ER" Minie Me commercial @ 10:15pm

Juventuz
Jan 31, 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by AssassinOfGates Funny, when I initially got RoadRunner to replace our 56k service, it never supported the mac platform after installation, so technical support was unavailable for us. [/B]

Funny, when I got RoadRunner hooked up at home it was plug and play. Not one problem.

AssassinOfGates
Feb 1, 2003, 05:07 PM

Funny, when I got RoadRunner hooked up at home it was plug and play. Not one problem.

They did a horrid install job for us. No router, no hub, and he didnt even give us the documentation or tell us how to config it. I believe this was back when we were using 8.6 which has some probs w/ DHCP servers.

On a second mac sighting, i was just watching Jurassic Park 1 again, (we're reading the book in Science, so i figured i should refresh my visual memory), and I saw the command center uses Macs. I couldn't get a glimpse of the tag, so I don't know which model... but the vintage apple colors are unmistakeable. I think it was either a workgroup server 95 or 9150.

scem0
Feb 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
Same here. Those RR instalation people are worthless. It took a
crazy amount of time for us to actually get road runner internet
access after we signed up for the service. About a half a year.
We ended up having a total of 3 RR techs come out to 'install' it... :o

lmalave
Feb 1, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by AssassinOfGates

They did a horrid install job for us. No router, no hub, and he didnt even give us the documentation or tell us how to config it. I believe this was back when we were using 8.6 which has some probs w/ DHCP servers.

Since when are you entitled to get a router or hub from your cable modem provider? I've had my cable installed at 5 different locations by 2 different providers (Road Runner and RCN), and not once was there any mention of a hub. Get your own!!!

Plus I don't know what "config" you're talking about but there basically is none. The cable modem acts like a DHCP server, and most computers are set to DHCP by default. What's the big deal? You just plug in your ethernet cable and that's it. The most "config" you'll ever have to do is press the reset button or power switch on your cable modem if it's acting up. And no tech guy from Road Runner told me that, it's just the first thing any sensible person would try even if they had no tech knowledge. Restart the cable modem, restart your machine, restart any routers you might have. You'd be surprised by how often this works.

Cable modem service is great, and specifically Road Runner is stellar. Go get a freakin' DSL line from a baby bell if you're so darn unhappy with your service! Let's see how you like that:rolleyes:

wdlove
Feb 3, 2003, 11:14 AM
"The Agency: Debbie Does Djikarta" 10pm Saturday brief shot of an iMac.

"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" 9pm Sunday the "Minie Me Apple Commerical"

mcrain
Feb 3, 2003, 02:12 PM
They use Powermacs and TiBooks in the Crate and Barrell catalog.

Fender2112
Feb 3, 2003, 03:26 PM
The opening scene of the new movie "The Recruit" features an Apple display, 17" I think and a power mac.

That's what I call Product Placement:D

garzy
Feb 3, 2003, 04:39 PM
SNL uses macs in their sketches

one i remeber was when jimmy fallon was "Your Companys Computer Guy" and all the people in the office had g3 imac crts.

also that one sketch where they have a web broadcast show, i think its mac os or maybe it just looks the way mac os looks

MacFan25
Feb 3, 2003, 04:43 PM
It seems like I have seen the "Mini-Me" commercial a lot lately.

zer0army
Feb 4, 2003, 01:18 AM
Ok you guys will love this one. It’s a skateboard graphic By Hookup’s skateboard company. Hookups is group together and pretty much the same company as Birdhouse skateboards Owned by Tony Hawk who I’m sure everyone has heard of before (Apple switch commercial)

I have seen pretty much all the Birdhouse/hookups videos as well as behind the scenes stuff at the factory and studios where they do all their video editing and graphics work. They are constantly working on and taking about all the macs they have and how much the whole company loves Apple. I bet Tony has a little deal going on with Apple after the switch commercial and all. He probably gets tons of stuff from Apple.

Also note in the Tony hawk Biography he has a huge part where he just talks about using his Tibook on the road editing footage with FCP.

This graphic is hilarious……Just shows how much the company loves Apple
:p :p :p

MacFan25
Feb 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
Apple "Mini-Me" commercial, on last night, on "My Wife and Kids".

Juventuz
Feb 6, 2003, 07:14 PM
I think it's safe to stop posting about the new apple commercials.

They are appearing all over now, I saw three commercials during one show.

Let's look for sightings that aren't commercials.

wdlove
Feb 6, 2003, 07:38 PM
"Law & Order" Wednesday Apple's "Minie Me" commercial

janey
Feb 6, 2003, 09:46 PM
Sidney Bristow from Alias has an iPod.
John Doe has a 15/17 (?) flat panel iMac and once in a while you see the occasional TiBook, iMac, iBook (his neurologist girlfriend has an iBook), or Power Mac G4.
Saw an old episode of the Simpsons and saw a Mac.
FoxTrot's creator, Bill Amend, is a Mac user, therefore you see all those Apple related stuff in FoxTrot (http://homepage.mac.com/billamend). I especially like the comics about Jason buying an iFruit, talking bout the way Apple designs stuff, piracy, Kazaa, Fruitworld (a twist on Macworld) and a lot of other computer related stuff. Occasionally you find a really cute programming one.
In almost every single movie and TV show on earth, the good people use Macs while the bad people use Windows PC's. :D
In The Hours, you can see a CRT iMac in the corner of meryl streep's character's kitchen.
But the cutest one is in the Pixar movie Monsters Inc. where you can see "Think Funny" ("a homage to our CEO Steve Jobs' other company Apple Computer" says someone in the commentary) in the background of the scarefloor near the end of the movie and an apple ad on the back of the magazine that mike is holding.
Then of course, Yao Ming and Mini-Me. Yao has an Apple laptop...he doesn't endorse anything he doesn't use. :D

wdlove
Feb 7, 2003, 11:04 AM
"Bring Down The House" Trailer showed a PowerBook

"ER" Apple's "Minie-Me: commerical aired @ 10:04pm & 10:43pm.

TEG
Feb 7, 2003, 02:07 PM
Drew Carey Show (Cubes, FP iMacs, and Mimi's Grape iMac (after 4 years))
24... Same as last season, Dell=Bad Guys... Apple=Good Guys, and in an episode early in Janurary, they are booting up a Graphite Powermac, with a PM6100 Startup chime, the 10.2 grey apple, and either a faked Bootpannel, or one from OSX Beta.
JLo's "Jenny from the Block" Music Video she dances around scantly clad with an iPod.
CSI and CSI:Miami Have TiBooks, iBooks, iMacs (And Dells for some things) Too bad they don't use OSX.
The WB..... Most of the shows use Macs because those machines belong to the actors, and they are all intellegent.
The Hughley's, for several seasons a graphite iMac
Pretty much any Relegious Programing in the US uses Macs, albeit usually using OS9.
Virtual Memory a Bible Game show on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) the Entire Set is one huge Powermac (G3 or G4) and all the contestants stand behind iMacs. They even have a Huge version of the old 15" FP Screen, Old style USB Keyboard and HockeyPuck Mouse.
Jimmy Kimmel Live, the Computer on Jimmy's Desk is a Mac (Model unknown)
Just Shoot Me! Mostly TiBooks with Post-It notes over the Apple
Friends, Chandler's Laptop has always been a Powerbook (Currently a TiBook)
ER, Dr. Carter has a TiBook, yet the Hospital uses Dells
I also saw some iBooks and TiBooks on the new Dragnet (can't seem to remember where though)

Rumor has it that Catherine Bell (Who is an avid Mac User) is trying to bring Macs to JAG (In the early seasons, any laptop seen was a PB540c)

Thats all for now

TEG

MontanaMacster
Feb 7, 2003, 02:21 PM
In the actual movie he uses a generic looking laptop, but if you watch the extra footage on the DVD you will see the Apple logo on that sucker

wdlove
Feb 8, 2003, 11:12 AM
"Law & Order: Special Vicims Unit" Friday at 10pm investigating child pornography via internet that was international. I saw a 17" & 23" Cinema display

Stelliform
Feb 8, 2003, 04:24 PM
some of these are old, but I didn't see the posted. And I am new so be nice....

Commercial with the tornado that goes around the house while the lady is on the internet on her laptop. I do believe that it is a TiBook with a silver sticker over the apple logo.

Show "while you were out" one of the designers had a TiBook, also with a sticker over the logo.

And finally... Movie "AI" In the futuristic lab of the AI robot designer in New York, he had an apple subwoofer on the top of a post.

MacFan25
Feb 9, 2003, 02:12 PM
I think that in the movie "Legally Blonde", Reese Witherspoon's character has an orange clamshell.

TonicAngel
Feb 9, 2003, 02:21 PM
in the wedding planner, jennifer lopez has a blueberry imac, and in how to lose a guy in 10 days kate hudson and her office all use flat panel imacs

MacFan25
Feb 9, 2003, 02:36 PM
I think that in the movie, "You've Got Mail", either Tom Hank's or Meg Ryan's character uses an Apple notebook. I'm not sure which notebook it was though.

WinterMute
Feb 9, 2003, 05:07 PM
Hope I didn't miss this in the thread..

BUFFY!, Ti books for Willow and Buffy's got a 17" FP iMac in her counsellors office.

I'm in the UK, and we get stuff later than the US.

MrMacMan
Feb 9, 2003, 05:43 PM
Apple Powerbook Ad's. Everywhere in NYC, on all the verizon payphones...

and off Times Square there is an iMac Ad on a non-finished building.

Oh yeah, everywhere.

janey
Feb 9, 2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
I think that in the movie "Legally Blonde", Reese Witherspoon's character has an orange clamshell.
It was orange all right...that scene in that room was great...everyone had black IBM ThinkPads and there was Reese with an orange clamshell iBook. :p

You shoulda seen the streets of SF after Steve's keynote. Apple PB ads EVERYWHERE-literally.

In the Drew Carey show, you can occasionally see Drew with a white iBook.

Shrek
Feb 9, 2003, 06:54 PM
In the movie "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days" there are 15" FP iMacs in all of the office scenes. Well, why not of course, cuz dis is New York! :D

wdlove
Feb 11, 2003, 11:44 AM
Apple "Minie me" commercial on "The Practice" & "CSI: Miami"

17" iMac on "CSI: Miami"

MacFan25
Feb 12, 2003, 06:31 PM
On the Tech TV show, The Screen Savers, the hosts use iBooks.

daniel77
Feb 12, 2003, 07:14 PM
dont know if this has been mentioned so here goes

in that new movie the recruit
the guy uses a flat panel display of sorts, i am assuming its a cinema as it looked huge :P and it was hooked up to a silver powerbook which you can just barely make out. he also uses a silver laptop throughout the movie, although i am not sure if that is the tibook, or an assumably dell laptop

MacFan25
Feb 12, 2003, 07:49 PM
There was a CRT iMac on the show, George Lopez, tonight.

wdlove
Feb 12, 2003, 08:13 PM
"The Guardian" A 17" PowerBook was show 3 times. It was being used by a startup company using a GPS system to track children for their safety.

wdlove
Feb 13, 2003, 11:08 AM
"Law & Order: Wednesday evening the Apple Minie Me commerical was on twice. :)

jayscheuerle
Feb 13, 2003, 11:32 AM
I think that in the movie, "You've Got Mail", either Tom Hank's or Meg Ryan's character uses an Apple notebook. I'm not sure which notebook it was though.

Meg's character uses the Mac because she's got the charming little bookstore.

Tom's character uses a PC because he runs a giant chain that's forcing her to close down.

Meg's using Macs again in Kate and Leopold. There's a TiBook and a Cinema Display with a G4 Tower.

MacFan25
Feb 13, 2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jayscheuerle

Meg's character uses the Mac because she's got the charming little bookstore.

Tom's character uses a PC because he runs a giant chain that's forcing her to close down.

That's a good way to remember that. lol :D

wdlove
Feb 14, 2003, 11:26 AM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Las Vegas showed an iMac 17" twice. :)

Stelliform
Feb 14, 2003, 02:10 PM
CNN Headline news field correspondent uses a TiBook with a satelite phone to send in stories from wartorn places.... (ON a segment about what the field corresondents use...)

wdlove
Feb 15, 2003, 11:42 AM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Friday night saw a 23" Cinema Display.

wdlove
Feb 16, 2003, 03:30 PM
"The District" showed a 17" PowerBook with the Apple logo covered up, why? Able to see the screen, using Mac OS X.

Doctor Q
Feb 16, 2003, 07:18 PM
I went to see the movie Chicago today, and they had a trailer for Bringing Down the House (http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/promos/bdth/index.html) starring Steve Martin as a man who meets a woman over the Internet. She turns out to be an ex-con, played by Queen Latifah. Martin has a Titanium PowerBook at his office and another PowerBook at home. They show him using Yahoo Messenger under Mac OS X to set up his blind date.

janey
Feb 17, 2003, 03:13 AM
I watched Daredevil for the second time and the guy in the forensics lab was using a TiBook and the reporter dude was using a flat panel iMac in the end. And of course Jennifer Garner is a mac user (not in the movie though)...very cool.

shadowfax
Feb 17, 2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by übergeek
Sidney Bristow from Alias has an iPod.
John Doe has a 15/17 (?) flat panel iMac and once in a while you see the occasional TiBook, iMac, iBook (his neurologist girlfriend has an iBook), or Power Mac G4.

who was it that was DJing at that party thing on a high floor of that sky scraper in one episode. i seem to remember that he had an iBook. wow, that was totally aspecific. I see a lot of Apple stuff on Alias. such a funny show. they usually do absolutely nothing to hide the fact that they are using, say, linux command line... you'll read a screen, and it's like
localhost:~/ root#
or what have you, and then they run little commands like ipconfig or ping to make lots of numbers and ip addresses flash around and confuse average americans.

janey
Feb 17, 2003, 03:36 AM
yeah you notice that most of the computer stuff's incorrect...which bugs me to the point that i tell my mom how you actually can do something like that. then she gets all mad because she doesn't care lol ;)
DJ where? Alias or John Doe?
In John Doe there was a DJ who got killed...i remember that he had a TiBook and most of the computers belonging to the suspects were Macs...

wdlove
Feb 17, 2003, 10:37 AM
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" an Apple commercial "Minie Me" @ 9:26pm

Boston Globe 2/17/03 in the Business section "RCN set to unveil 'video on demand" they show an orginal iMac, Blueberry. :)

MacFan25
Feb 17, 2003, 05:58 PM
On Seinfeld, I think in Jerry's apartment, he has some type of mac sitting on his desk.

MacFan25
Feb 17, 2003, 06:40 PM
I just got "Sports Night" on DVD, and I saw what I think was an older Apple notebook. I could just barely make out the rainbow Apple on the back of it.

janey
Feb 18, 2003, 01:49 AM
Daredevil: Forensics dude has a TiBook, tabloid reporter dude has flat panel iMac.

25th Hour: iBook in Monty's room, Graphite iMac in that guy's classroom, TiBook in the stock broker dude's room (looked like book but had that white apple on it).

Then in a lot of ads, tv shows and movies you see all these computers...and you realize it's a Mac ;)

voicegy
Feb 18, 2003, 02:00 AM
On Seinfeld, I think in Jerry's apartment, he has some type of mac sitting on his desk.

I think his computer went through several "updates", all of them Macs, including the 20th Anniversary Mac for a while.

wdlove
Feb 18, 2003, 07:03 PM
"CSI: Miami" showed an iMac 17" twice. On a Verizon Wireless Commercial in a office they showed a 23" Cinema Display! :)

mattmack
Feb 19, 2003, 09:09 PM

pnw Yhey just showed it recently on BBC america and I missed it Damn

eyeluvmyimac
Feb 20, 2003, 08:46 PM
SEVERAL beautiful macs elegently placed in the movie "25th Hour," and several noticed in the trailer for "Bringing down the house" The new comedy with Steve Martin and Queen Latifa (sp?).

Go Apple!

MacFan25
Feb 20, 2003, 08:49 PM
Today I was at the library, and I was looking through a November 2002 issue of Time magazine, and there was an ad in there for OS X.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:52 PM
Today I was at the library, and I was looking through a November 2002 issue of Time magazine, and there was an ad in there for OS X.
apple has an ad for jaguar/the powerbooks/the iMac/the switchers in almost every issue of Time. Or someone mentions it.

wdlove
Feb 21, 2003, 11:19 AM
Advertisment for the NBC Sunday Night Movie "First To Die" they show a 20" Cinema Display.

wdlove
Feb 22, 2003, 01:17 PM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" showing a Cinema Display & Apple Keyboard at a Film School. :)

sinclairZX81
Feb 22, 2003, 11:03 PM
did anyone mention WAG THE DOG yet? there's a great scene when someone is using one of the older black PowerBooks... runnning Windows 98!!!!

eyeluvmyimac
Feb 23, 2003, 11:31 AM
more macs spotted in the movie "Old School" and btw SEE THAT MOVIE! I thought it was going to suck but it was absolutely hilarious!

wdlove
Feb 24, 2003, 11:14 AM
During "Dragnet" a Verizon Wireless Commercial showed a 17" Cinema Display and Apple Keyboard! :)

wdlove
Feb 25, 2003, 11:29 AM
Mike Barnacle, talk show host on 96.9 FM talk. "I just got my 12" PowerBook and I love it!"

mattmack
Feb 25, 2003, 07:58 PM
New nissan altima commercial. A guy putting a LCD iMac in the trunk

monkeydo_jb
Feb 25, 2003, 10:07 PM
Smallville- Christopher Reeve had a powerbook on his desk.

-jeff

Doctor Q
Feb 26, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by monkeydo_jb
Smallville- Christopher Reeve had a powerbook on his desk.It must have been a superpower-book.

wdlove
Feb 26, 2003, 08:30 PM
"All My Children" has a 17" iMac in lawyers apartment.

wdlove
Mar 6, 2003, 02:46 PM
"Law & Order: The Ring" 10pm 23" Cineman Display & an Apple Keyboard WCVB Report "CD's are dying" mentioned the the iPod will be the wave of the future of Digital Music!

wdlove
Mar 10, 2003, 04:18 PM
Parade, Sunday March 9th, "Big - Shot Laptop." A nice article about the 12" & 17" Powebook. "Alot of guts in a tiny body, just like my pooch." A yorkshire terrier named Apples.

"Dragnet" showed an old iMac in a actor's apartment.

Boston Globe Monday March 10th, Business. "College CIO's face unique demands." On the front page show 2 eMac's & 2 17" iMac's

"All My Children" showing a 17" iMac in an apartment just purchased by the DA.

scem0
Mar 10, 2003, 04:20 PM
Fifty Cent - 'In the Club' music video. One of the women in the
testing facility thing is using an iMac.

WinterMute
Mar 10, 2003, 04:27 PM
BBC1 Final score, presenter has two 17" iMacs in a box sunk into the desk so that the screens are visible at desk level and you can't see the bases, but the steel arms and the chrome apple is plain to see.

edesignuk
Mar 10, 2003, 06:04 PM
Jonathan Creek, BBC1, on Saturday, in the episode with Jack Dee, he was using a PowerMac hooked up to 2 x 22/23" (not sure which) Cinema displays for his audio work :)

Doctor Q
Mar 10, 2003, 09:53 PM
A PowerBook was used by Johnny Smith, the lead character in The Dead Zone (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/thedeadzone/), Episode #2008: The Man Who Never Was (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/thedeadzone/episodes/manwhoneverwas.html), USA Network, March 9, 2003.

wdlove
Mar 11, 2003, 10:48 AM
"CSI: Miami: Dispo Day" a 17" iMac in the lab.

daniel77
Mar 11, 2003, 05:12 PM
on one of those auto online websites, damn i forgot the name. anyway, the guy uses a G3 powerbook with a plan "conveniently" in front of the logo. altho it focuses on the back for a while and they have airbrushed the logo out.

also, in a new comcast high speed internet commercial, where there is a wife and the husband, the husband is using a powerbook g4 :D

wdlove
Mar 11, 2003, 08:37 PM
"All My Children" today in the DA's new apartment a 17" iMac.

daniel77
Mar 12, 2003, 08:56 AM
in a devry university commefcial they show a 15'' powerbook atleast 5 times :D

daniel77
Mar 12, 2003, 08:59 AM
in a verizon dsl commercial they show a crt monitor with a...

apple pro keyboard :D

Doctor Q
Mar 12, 2003, 11:35 AM
A March 10 article on the movie Bringing Down the House in the Los Angeles Times was accompanied by a picture: a frame from the movie clearly showing in the foreground a PowerBook and its Apple logo.

wdlove
Mar 17, 2003, 11:12 AM
"The Agency: Soft Kills" 10pm Saturday March 15th there was an iMac in the Assistant Director's office.

MacFan25
Mar 17, 2003, 06:01 PM
I saw "One Hour Photo", the other day, and a guy had a PowerMac at his house.

wdlove
Mar 26, 2003, 02:18 PM
WCVB interviewed Prof. Danilof, former Newsweek journalist that was a prisoner of the USSR 17 years ago for 3 months. Now he's a Journalism Professor at NorthEastern University, Boston. In his office was an older Mac Display 17" light blue! :)

Jaykay
Mar 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
Did you know, that in EVERY single Vodafone outlet in Ireland there is a FP imac, jsut thought id say that.

Note : Vodafone are a big phone company (i assume ye know that)

mrjamin
Mar 26, 2003, 04:30 PM
the new HSBC banks have a close up of a 15" TiBook power button on some of their posters. on the loan ones i think - could it be that they're hinting as to where the money you'd get from a loan should go?

There was a 14" iBook on buffy the other night (is it me or do the 14" look nasty??)

mrjamin
Mar 26, 2003, 04:31 PM
oh yeah, and there's a cube + 17" flat panel in "About A Boy" in Hugh Grants character's flat

Oh yeah! One more! Jonny Knoxville had an iPod on the jackass movie special show

MacFan25
Mar 28, 2003, 02:31 PM
There was a flat panel iMac on "Scrubs" last night. Not sure if it was a 15" or 17".

Doctor Q
Mar 28, 2003, 05:27 PM
I saw "One Hour Photo", the other day, and a guy had a PowerMac at his house.I rented the DVD the other day. One of the "special features" on the DVD is a look at the making of the scene where Michael Vartan asks Robin Williams for help finding supplies for his Mac.

mrjamin
Mar 28, 2003, 05:30 PM
i spotted one today, but it was mine so i guess it doesn't count

Doctor Q
Mar 28, 2003, 06:07 PM
As I do every Saturday night, I was hiding in the bushes outside my neighbors' bedroom window, taking movies of the couple that lives there. (I sell the movies on e-Bay and I don't report the income on my tax return.) I noticed a PowerBook on the dresser and zoomed in on the screen. They were downloading MP3s without paying for them! What lowlifes some people are!!

OK, OK, I'm fooling. The more polite joke from mrjamin and the idea of reporting every "Mac Sighting" we see gave me the idea for this bad joke. Please forgive me and go back to real sightings.

Computer_Phreak
Mar 28, 2003, 07:59 PM
Cool!!!

I was watching the music vid to "In da Club" (very good song btw):

An iMac!!

http://home.sc.rr.com/pchris/untitled.JPG

Doctor Q
Mar 29, 2003, 12:53 AM
Tonight (March 28), the 10pm Los Angeles local news (KTLA, channel 5) had a news story about "Operation Playmate", where Playboy bunnies send e-mail and "pitchers" (as pronounced by the Playmate they interviewed) to American soldiers. They were using a CRT iMac to send the e-mail and "pitchers".

arogge
Mar 30, 2003, 12:09 AM
There was a flat panel iMac on "Scrubs" last night. Not sure if it was a 15" or 17".

That was the scene with Bob Kelso in his office. It looked like a 15-inch LCD iMac. I liked his comment too: "You're so pretty I might not even use you!"

wdlove
Apr 1, 2003, 11:39 AM
"CSI: Miami: Double Cap" 10pm 3/31 they showed an iMac 17" in the CSI Lab.

Foxer
Apr 1, 2003, 03:07 PM
The classically under-apprecaited sitcom Newsradio - Dave Foley always had an old black powerbook. Matthew (Andy Dick) must have had a PC, because of the running Solitare joke...

wdlove
Apr 2, 2003, 08:12 PM
"Judging Amy: Just Say Oops" 10pm Tuesday Lauren, Judge Gray's daughter was using an iBook, doing her homework prior to her bedtime.:)

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 08:53 PM
on this one pax show in a kids room was a bondi blue :)

wdlove
Apr 3, 2003, 01:33 PM
Boston Globe 4/3/03 Living Arts "Small Change: BMW's Mini Cooper, 8.4 ounce Coke Can, Verne troyer, 12" Apple PowerBook, & Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - With the nation downsizing, gig is beginning to loose is cool. Now everything from cars to pets is a part of a growing micro wave."

wdlove
Apr 3, 2003, 04:28 PM
"Law & Order: Genius" 10pm They prosecute a violence prone writer alleged to have killed a cab driver. He ended up pleading guilty and asking for the death penalty, caused a dilema. His character witness when first interviewed by police had a black PowerBook G3. I had one of those, a solid machine.

Doctor Q
Apr 3, 2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
"Law & Order: Genius" 10pm They prosecute a violence prone writer alleged to have killed a cab driver. He ended up pleading guilty and asking for the death penalty, caused a dilema. His character witness when first interviewed by police had a black PowerBook G3.You had me worried. I thought you were going to say that the violence prone writer was the Mac user!

wdlove
Apr 3, 2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
You had me worried. I thought you were going to say that the violence prone writer was the Mac user!

Lucky for us Macs are put in a positive light. I'm sorry that I caused you any amount of concern!

wdlove
Apr 5, 2003, 11:33 AM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" 10pm 4/4 a receptionist at an advertising had a 23" Cinema Display.

wdlove
Apr 6, 2003, 07:01 PM
Visited The Mall At Chestnut Hill, the future home of the 3rd Apple Store in the Boston are. Will be located on the 1st floor between J Jill & Essential. At present it has wallboard with photo's. Anyone know when it's due to open?

Crate & Barrel Store at Chestnut Hill: Original iMac, Watermelon on a white Pine Linea Desk; Lime on a Contemporary Desk; Blueberry on a Cherry Desk; all the iMac's were just the case. But still I was impressed. Great way to welcome the new Apple Store! :)

wdlove
Apr 8, 2003, 01:07 PM
Boston Globe 4/8/03 - Living Arts Section - "Putting faith in music" Bishop Gilbert Thompson, senior pastor at New Covenant Christian Church, which has invested in a recording studio and label - Gospel CD record label Axiom. Has a large photo of the recording studio, show a 17" PowerBook over his left shoulder! :)

wdlove
Apr 10, 2003, 02:12 PM
Boston Globe 4/9/03 - Comcast Ad for Comcast Cable High Speed Internet can get 50% off the 1st 3 months. The show a nice looking lady using a 17" iMac. A great free ad for Apple! :)

tazo
Apr 10, 2003, 11:06 PM
on arliss on hbo comedy, a guy mentions that last year he gave his daughter a ps2 and an ibook:D

wdlove
Apr 11, 2003, 11:22 AM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" using a 17" PowerBook in the lab to show prints to one of the CSI investigators! It was help up and even turned aroundo that the Apple logo was visible! :)

tazo
Apr 11, 2003, 01:26 PM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" using a 17" PowerBook in the lab to show prints to one of the CSI investigators! It was help up and even turned aroundo that the Apple logo was visible! :)

i saw that too :P

on 24 or alias, i forget, they are in a room and you can see what looks to be a 17'' Apple flat panel and a powermac, definitely a powermac, although i am not sure of the size of the monitor.

and another one...

on every commercial for DIYNET and there new channel, a person looks up the site on an ibook or another apple product :D

wdlove
Apr 11, 2003, 01:37 PM
"Primetime Thursday" 10pm Follow a C S H unit in Kuwait a modern MASH unit. A mobile hospital doing surgery on our brave troops. (Combat Surgical Hospital) A surgeon sends a E.Mail to his wife, she's using an older 17" Apple Studio Display! :)

kylos
Apr 11, 2003, 02:49 PM
Joey, from the movie "Hackers" had a mac. Only saw the screen. It looked to be from the simple finder era.

I hate Drew Carey after watching just one episode. The fat lady (don't know her name) thrusts her cane through a crt imac while having a cane duel with Drew. Then an airline security agent drops the burrito he's eating into an ibook he decides to open up. He closes it with the burrito inside, smashing it in to get it to latch to cover his accident. I hate wanton destruction of such pieces of art. I was repulsed.

And most of the browser screen shots I see anywhere are Mac os 9 IE. Can't get more unbiased than that.;)

MacFan25
Apr 12, 2003, 11:04 AM
I saw the movie, "About a Boy", last night, and Hugh Grant's character had a cube and what I think was a 17" display in his flat.

wdlove
Apr 12, 2003, 12:04 PM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" 10pm Friday showed a 23" Cinema Display in the forensics lab twice. The 1st time was to display the possible location that a 5 year old victim lived. The 2nd time it was to display the child's hand print! A good ending to the show for Ice-T, he found the 2nd child alive! :)

Doctor Q
Apr 12, 2003, 10:11 PM
I rented Vanilla Sky last night. Tom Cruise, as a millionaire playboy publisher, uses a PowerBook.

wdlove
Apr 13, 2003, 08:27 PM
"The Agency: Spy Finance" 10pm Saturday showed a iMac 17" in the office of the Assistant Director of the CIA.

wdlove
Apr 14, 2003, 11:14 AM
Boston Globe 4/14/03 "A Techology & Innovation Section - Wireless" on the front page "Cutting the cord" - "A growing number of multiple-PC households sseking to pool Internet connectivity is driving a dramatic growth in wireless home networking; set to double this year." by John Dodge

Center picture as hub is the Airport Base Station, laptop is the iBook, cable modem external, MP3 Player iPod, printer HP, PDA T-Palm, & scanner .

Page C7 typical Apple bashing "An off brand will work with a Mac, but getting it to work won't be easy," he says. Also, Microsoft Windows XP is superior in ahndling wireless operations to earlier versions. :(

MacFan25
Apr 14, 2003, 05:30 PM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" 10pm Friday showed a 23" Cinema
sounds like you like "Law & Order"! ;)

wdlove
Apr 14, 2003, 08:15 PM
sounds like you like "Law & Order"! ;)

Yes, I like all 3 of them. Great great studies of the victim, criminal, police, and prosecuter! :)

Steradian
Apr 14, 2003, 11:50 PM
In the Movie "the Core" the suppose'ed 'super hacker' used a PowerBook g3 at the end :D

tazo
Apr 15, 2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Steradian
In the Movie "the Core" the suppose'ed 'super hacker' used a PowerBook g3 at the end :D

i saw tat :P

in AP in Goldmember, when goldmember is running towards the time warp thingy, when he goes to 2002, he types in 2002 on an apple pro keyboard. austin powers he uses a tibook later on in the movie. also during the area when Austin gets the 'pimpmobile' you can see apple flat panels and g4 powermacs :D

wdlove
Apr 16, 2003, 04:05 PM
I was at the Tufts Center for Nutritional Research today. In the admissions office thay had 3 G3 Power Mac's the Blue and White with the Blue 21" Studio Display. The Comment by one of the receptionists, "I don't like them, not professional looking. Would prefer black!"

shadowfax
Apr 16, 2003, 04:10 PM
I was at the Tufts Center for Nutritional Research today. In the admissions office thay had 3 G3 Power Mac's the Blue and White with the Blue 21" Studio Display. The Comment by one of the receptionists, "I don't like them, not professional looking. Would prefer black!"
what an idiot lol. they look perfectly pro.
black, lol. you should have called him/her a racist out of nowhere.

"don't judge them by the color of their cases!"

wdlove
Apr 16, 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
what an idiot lol. they look perfectly pro.
black, lol. you should have called him/her a racist out of nowhere.

"don't judge them by the color of their cases!"

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. The person making that comment was black, so she is allowed!

shadowfax
Apr 16, 2003, 04:51 PM
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. The person making that comment was black, so she is allowed! now you're being racist. what gives a black person any more right to have an opinion about this? lol.

Zion Grail
Apr 16, 2003, 05:31 PM
Another PowerBook sighting!

It was in a Nissan Murano Commercial. It seems like there is a spot for it in between the two front seats, as that's where the PowerBook "flew" into.

Wasn't there a Nissan Commercial with an iMac in it? Looks like their commercial team is a Mac firm. :D

wdlove
Apr 16, 2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
now you're being racist. what gives a black person any more right to have an opinion about this? lol.

You were the one bringing up the word racist! ;) I was only trying to put the comment into context, maybe that's why she want it to be black!

wdlove
Apr 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
WCVB 5 Boston, MA a story on the Historical Society in Needham, MA. The school principal of Needham HS had a Power Mac G3 with a Blue Studio Display in his office. Interviewed him on his thoughts!

Doctor Q
Apr 19, 2003, 03:27 PM
Sorta Mac sighting:

Black Celica, license plate DEVIANT, on the Santa Monica Freeway in Los Angeles, with an Apple sticker to the right of the back license plate.

MacFan25
Apr 19, 2003, 05:44 PM
"The Royal Tennebaums", Chas uses an Apple II in his room. Later on in the movie, in a room there is about 5 Cubes with Apple Displays.

wdlove
Apr 20, 2003, 02:15 PM
PBS "Secrets Of The Sequence" The Universtiy of Michigan is doing research on the similarities of cancer genes. Specifically prostate cancer, so they can improve treatment. In the lab they showed a 20" Cinema Display with the Apple Keyboard an mouse, while the researchers were reviewing cancer genes!

wdlove
Apr 21, 2003, 11:33 AM
Not exactly a Mac sighting! Today is Patriots's day here in Massachusetts. The big event is the 107th running of the Boston Marathon.

Will Ferrell and his wife are running in the marathon. This is his 3rd marathon after London and New York. My wife is volunteering in the medical tent, wondering if she will have a chance to meet him!

http://www.apple.com/switch/ads/will/

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/soccer/2125592/detail.html

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/middaycallin/2119775/detail.html

wdlove
Apr 22, 2003, 09:22 PM
APC Current April 2003 Possibly a 17" PowerBook - Page #2 Original iMac that was saved in a rain strom by a APC Back-UPS - Page #4 iBook

MrMacMan
Apr 23, 2003, 01:00 AM
Seinfeild. Every Eps. 20th Ann. in the back of room. :D

Lets see, a lot of movies.

MacFan25
Apr 23, 2003, 04:41 PM
"CSI: Miami" 4/21/03 - A 17" iMac in the crime lab. There are always Macs on CSI.

Another good reason to watch the show! :D

boskie
Apr 23, 2003, 05:25 PM
In William Gibson's (http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/) new novel "Pattern Recognition"

Cayce pollard is a "coolhunter" who has an unhealthy phobia of/allergy to certain brands, The Michelin Man being one of them, and if you "Google her friend Damien, and you will find a director of music videos and commercials"

I'm not one for divulging - sp? plots of films/books etc - i don't usually read the blurbs before watching/reading something even, so your gonna have to accept the book is good, which i hope you will from what is shown here. Gibson is a master of literature and someone who has always been one to "Think Different" - new range of posters Apple?

OT - If and when Apple release its updated version of Appleworks/Document/Office they should hook up with W G to promote it much like they did with David Lynch and FCP.

Er, .... What was i talking about?

Oh yeah, Mac sightings/readings...

A Cube at her friends' flat:
In the flat's main room, she finds that Damien's faithful Cube is on, but sleeping, the night-light glow of its static switches pulsing gently. Damien's ambivalence toward design showing here: He won't allow decorators through the door unless they basically agree to not do that which they do, yet he holds on to this Mac for the way you can turn it upside down and remove its innards with a magic little aluminium handle. Like the sex of one of the robot girls in his video, now that she thinks of it. p.2

The Cube sighs softly and makes subliminal sounds with its drive, like a vintage sports car downshifting on a distant freeway. p.5

An iBook with which she seems to roam around tokyo fueling her addiction of being a 'footagehead', poping into to anywhere that has a data port:

She opens and closes her mouth, afraid to lick her lips.She has their repair kit in with the laptop, probably hundreds of dollars' worth of that other kind of MAC product, but she knows she'll never get it on again like this. p.141:)

Ok that last one is slightly askew but hey:D

Doctor Q
Apr 23, 2003, 05:40 PM
Hey, home come Steve Jobs doesn't show up on TV shows? He's certainly a celebrity. If Madonna is showing up on sitcoms and Christopher Reeve is showing up on dramas, why not Steve? Any publicity is good publicity. Hmmm. What TV shows need an occasional character wearing a black turtleneck?

boskie
Apr 23, 2003, 06:02 PM
As Chris Reeves has been in South Park - Krazy Kripples (http://home.no.net/mrtwig/ilovemywork.php?p=ep&e=702) then Steve Jobs should surely don some yellow skin for The Simpson's:D

Martin as a Switcher? Lisa promoting the new one-click-itraks-download-your-audio units-instrument service.:p

MacFan25
Apr 23, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hopefully Steve won't be on South Park.

South Park = Bad Publicity!:eek: :D

Doctor Q
Apr 23, 2003, 06:30 PM
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?

I've read articles or seen shows about Bill Gates' house and Larry Ellison's house. But I don't think I've ever heard anything about how Steve lives. Does his doorbell launch AppleScripts? Does he have a statue of Clarus in the garden? How many turtlenecks are in the closet?

MacFan25
Apr 23, 2003, 06:37 PM
I don't know, but bet that he has an awesome office, complete with the latest Apple gear.

When did Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous go off the air? Maybe they will bring the show back and we could see Steve's house on there. :D

wdlove
Apr 23, 2003, 07:43 PM
"The Laura Ingraham Show" on Westwood One Network, which I hear on 96.9 FM Talk in Boston. She had her confirmation over the Easter weekend. "My Godfather got me an iPod 20 GB woth 20,000 songs. I love it." The only problem it would not work on her 6 year old PC. She went to Comp USA and purchased a high end VASIO ?sp. Too bad she didn't have someone to direct her to a real computer, Apple. She is a columnist and writer!

wdlove
Apr 25, 2003, 11:36 AM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Showed a 15" iMac in the lab, showing from the back so that the Apple logo was visible. :)

tazo
Apr 25, 2003, 10:13 PM
that sleazy jenny jones (jerry springer-like) show featured a lime imac g3, when it said "go to our website..."

evoluzione
Apr 25, 2003, 10:57 PM
Fastlane last night, they have a G4 iMac on it regularly, they had a TiBook on there too yesterday...

scem0
Apr 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by tazo
that sleazy jenny jones (jerry springer-like) show featured a lime imac g3, when it said "go to our website..."

I've seen lots of g3 iMacs on 'go to our website' things for different shows.

MrMacMan
Apr 26, 2003, 12:16 AM
I was flipping channels and *sigh* I ran out of batterys at fox.

the show 'fastlane' has an iMac ...

but then I couldn't deal with the show and it lowered my intelligence.

scem0
Apr 26, 2003, 12:32 AM
I HATE THAT SHOW!!!!! It is so corny and stupid. But I have
seen macs on it, so it can only be so bad. :)

shadowfax
Apr 26, 2003, 12:54 AM
seen macs on it, so it can only be so bad. :) i dunno.... i saw a girl at the Barnes and Noble across from UT on like Guadalupe or whatever it is this evening... she had a 12" iBook, and i looked at it for a second, and she just kind of shot me a mean look. i was like, what? not from a mac user!

evoluzione
Apr 26, 2003, 08:14 AM
I HATE THAT SHOW!!!!! It is so corny and stupid. But I have seen macs on it, so it can only be so bad. :)

It's such an awesome show!!! my favourite (apart from 24 of course). It's actually very very funny, and the characters have a lot of chemistry. Of course it's silly, but then, hey, it doesn't make out to be anything other than what it is. I see it as a cross between Miami Vice and Bad Boys (the movie). Some of the photography in it is beautiful too.

wdlove
Apr 26, 2003, 11:30 AM
seen macs on it, so it can only be so bad. :)

Which show are you referring to scem0? ;) I don't watch either one of the above mentioned shows!

MacFan25
Apr 26, 2003, 01:23 PM
I think that he was referring to "Fastlane". I've never really seen it, so I don't know if it is good or not.

wdlove
Apr 27, 2003, 02:12 PM
"The Agency: War Inc." 10pm Saturday they displayed a 23" Cinema Display in the office of the Assistant Director of the CIA again! :)

tazo
Apr 27, 2003, 06:38 PM
in office space, everyone is using beige G3 towers

wdlove
Apr 27, 2003, 06:54 PM
If you join WBUR 90.1 FM Radio Station @ Boston University, for your support you will be entered into a contest to win a iBook! ;)

zulgand04
Apr 27, 2003, 07:25 PM
Here in conneticut "Talk of the Town" on MSG, they have two iMacs infron't of the two ancors. With the very nice apple logo showing to everyone in the region.

-Neal

wdlove
Apr 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
Boston Globe Monday 4/28/03 Business Section "Technology & Innovation"

"Taking it Online: After years of digital piracy by consumers, the music industry is teaming up with Internet firms to get its share on downloads. San Francisco, When Apple Computer Inc., the small but influential PC maker, launches its foray into digital music downloads today, it carries the hopes of the beleagured music industry on its shoulders."

17" PowerBook on front page of the section! :)

MacFan25
Apr 28, 2003, 08:08 PM
"Yes, Dear" 4/28/03 Greg is mowing lawn and at the same time is listening to an iPod. He makes reference to using his iPod! :)

wdlove
Apr 29, 2003, 02:31 PM
"CSI: Miami: Spring Break" 10pm Monday a take on girls gone wild 'The math, & the science' The showed an iMac 17" in the lab

Boston Globe Business Section 4/29/03 "Apple unveils service to sell 200,000 digital music titles online - PC market share, units sold worldwide 2002 Top nine companies: 52.8% - All others: 44.9% - Apple 2.3%

"Apple is the first company that's brought together the entire ecosystem for the new digital age of music," Jobs said at press conference yesterday

wdlove
Apr 30, 2003, 07:15 PM
During "NYPD Blue: Meet The Grandparents" a Nokia ad about their camera in a cell phone. His girlfriend said "I Love You" via cell phone! :cool: He was afraid to say "I Love You" in front of the guys! :p A guy spelled out "I Love You" in ketsup and sent it to his girlfriends iBook! :)

wdlove
May 1, 2003, 04:21 PM
I started a nutrition study at Tufts Human Research Center as a volunteer. They are investigating proteins, fruits, and vegetables realtionship with calcium absorption. They to see is it has a favorable impact on bone. A study to prevent osteoporosis.

My admission was done on the 12th floor, they were using 2 QuickSilver G4 Power Mac's! :)

wdlove
May 2, 2003, 11:18 AM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Horse of Course" 9pm Thursday Gil Grissom used a 17" PowerBook to determine the color, clarity, & origin of the diamonds they found inside the uterus of the horse.

wdlove
May 3, 2003, 11:31 AM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Vanessa" 10pm Friday Used a 23" Cinema Display in the lab to demonstrate gun shot residue on the victims hands. The technician did a test shot of the gun on gloves. With comparison it demonstrated she committed suicide, a sad story.

On a Dymo Commerical the printer makes all kinds of labels. "It works with the PC & Mac!

WinterMute
May 3, 2003, 02:12 PM
Not a sighting as such, but Lou Reed and Jonathan Ross were discussing iPods and the Music service on Wossies show on Radio 2 this morning, Reed loves his iPod, he reckons it's changed the way he listens to music...

wdlove
May 4, 2003, 02:54 PM
"The Agency: Mi Cena Con Andrei" 10pm Saturday showed several views of an iMac 17" on the desk of Mr. Quinn, Assistant Director of the CIA. Also out in the field they showed a 17" PowerBook used by Styles & Terri in Mexico City. Ended up being a nightmare, a good mans life was ended!

wdlove
May 5, 2003, 11:14 AM
Has anyone heard of the Odyssey 1000, has a voice recorder, radio, and can store 10,000 songs? The Odyssey is only available for Windows. It's by Griffin Technology, calling it an iPod FM device selling for $35. I wonder how they can use the iPod name! It definitely looks cheap! :(

MacFan25
May 5, 2003, 06:50 PM
It's by Griffin Technology, calling it an iPod FM device selling for $35. I wonder how they can use the iPod name!
Did you mean $350? Because that sound cheap for something that holds 10,000 songs. :confused:

wdlove
May 5, 2003, 07:22 PM
Did you mean $350? Because that sound cheap for something that holds 10,000 songs. :confused:

I got the $35 directly from an article in the Boston Globe! The Boston Globe making a mistake! :p

"All My Children" ABC Several times today they showed two 20" Cinema Displays with the Apple keyboard. They were turned off, but I didn't notice a CPU either. Very strange that they didn't have them working!

tazo
May 6, 2003, 12:39 AM

an fm tuner that attaches to the ipod does not hold 10,000 songs. :)

evoluzione
May 6, 2003, 08:40 AM
don't they sell one of those FM transmitter devices for about $35?? sounds like that's what it is, and this Odyssey 1000 or whatever is something different....

anyways, Smallville, a bunch of G3 iMacs in the "Torch" newspaper room, with a load of floppy disks I might add (are they really using gay superdrives that much???). The place got vandalised, so it'd be interesting to see what they're replaced with....I say 17" iMacs.

iindigo
May 6, 2003, 09:16 AM
I saw a blue & white G3 tower in Disney's movie Smart House.... Don't remember where, but it's somewhere in there.

wdlove
May 6, 2003, 10:32 AM
During the 2 hour season finale of "The Practice," a Nokia ad showing a guy at a party where he didn't want to say "I love you" to his girlfriend in front of the rest of the guys. So he spelled out "I love you" in ketchup, used a Nokia to send the picture to his girfriend. His girlfriend viewed the picture on an iBook! :)

tazo
May 8, 2003, 08:26 AM
for a comcast HSI commercial, a man with a new baby is in bed using a powerbook, telling how it will change how he does the internet.

and for a bon marche commercial a man is sitting in bed typing on a powerbook

phrancpharmD
May 8, 2003, 09:35 AM
Wow, nine pages so far! I certainly don't feel like seeing if anybody's already mentioned Fastlane's TiBook and iMac (Fox Friday night) yet. I think I spotted a TiBook on John Doe (follows Fastlane, naturally) last week, but it wasn't NEARLY as obvious placement as Fastlane (Sorry, we don't have cable and the only stations we get are NBC and Fox). Also, I spotted a PowerMac in a recent issue of Country Home or Country Living or whichever and also in a recent issue of This Old House. My wife thinks it's SO nerdy that I notice. . .

wdlove
May 9, 2003, 11:26 AM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" 9pm Thursday they showed a 17" iMac prior to an explosion in the DNA Lab. Marge Helgenberger's character was responsible after she completed her investigation, got punished with a 5 day suspension without pay. A terrible accident. They didn't show the iMac after the explosion, I hope they moved it prior to the actual explosion! :(

iAdam
May 9, 2003, 05:05 PM
Mabye this a repeat becouse I havn't read the whole thread but Drew Carey allways had macs at his office

MacFan25
May 9, 2003, 05:12 PM
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" 9pm Thursday they showed a 17" iMac prior to an explosion in the DNA Lab. Marge Helgenberger's character was responsible after she completed her investigation, got punished with a 5 day suspension without pay. A terrible accident. They didn't show the iMac after the explosion, I hope they moved it prior to the actual explosion! :(
Yeah, I saw that. That was a good episode last night. I was surprised when Sara asked Gissom to dinner at the end of the episode.

wdlove
May 9, 2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I saw that. That was a good episode last night. I was surprised when Sara asked Gissom to dinner at the end of the episode.

With the explosion, I had forgot about that. I wonder if they will indeed have a relationship outside of the CSI. Certainly hope so, I think that Grissom could use some companionship! He's such a bookworm!

tazo
May 9, 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by phrancpharmD
Wow, nine pages so far!

its now ten pages lol :D :cool:

wdlove
May 10, 2003, 11:14 AM
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Queer As Folk" 10pm Friday In the medical examiners office the pathologist used a 23" Cinema Display to demonstrate a section of the victims ovaries. She showed 12 folicles open which is unusual, indicated that she was on hormone therapy. The doctor had harvested eggs from her, he claimed that he was doing cloning!

phrancpharmD
May 10, 2003, 08:00 PM
saw a G4 iMac on American Test Kitchen (or someting like that) on PBS earlier today. . .

wdlove
May 11, 2003, 04:31 PM
"The Agency: Our Man In Korea" 10pm Saturday Investigating a mole in the CIA. In the office of Robert Quinn, Assistant Director they showed him twice with his 17" iMac. It had the CIA main page on the screen!

Wardofsky
May 11, 2003, 06:58 PM
I've got an image of a huge Apple ad in Melbourne (Aus) but is still on the undeveloped film roll.

MacBandit
May 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
I was just reading the comics from Sunday and guess what computer St. Peter uses? This is from 'Non-Sequitur'.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/nq/2003/nq030511.gif

MacFan25
May 12, 2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
I was just reading the comics from Sunday and guess what computer St. Peter uses? This is from 'Non-Sequitur'.
Thats a nice Apple screen! :D

Kwyjibo
May 12, 2003, 08:29 PM
not really a sighting but last night on the delayed feed of Loveline, adam corrolla told doctor drew he should load up some classical music onto his imac for during dr. drews surgery. I had to force a smile at the slip but he doesn't seem too involved in computers at all. hehe

Thanatoast
May 12, 2003, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry, nine pages is a huge amount so I don't know if anyone's posted these yet.

In Absolutely Fabulous Eddy has a 17 imac on her kitchen counter.

And in Perfect Blue, the main character Mima buys a performa? to get on the net with. It's an important plot piece in fact and we get to see it a lot.

Doctor Q
May 12, 2003, 09:57 PM
Macs are favored at the student bookstore at the University of California at San Diego (UCSD). There are piles of Mac boxes in front of the entrance to the computer section, displays like the Yao Ming and Verne Troyer lifesize ad, and Macs in the front row. The Windoze PCs are in the back. They also use a Mac in the box office at the theater in the middle-of-campus plaza.

Stelliform
May 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
On the discovery channel there was a show on people with ambiguous gender, and one of the people lobbing the Gov had an old black Powerbook.

I won't bother searching the thread, because I am probably the only person who would admit to watching that show. ;)

wdlove
May 13, 2003, 11:22 AM
During CSI: Miami: Freaks & Tweeks" Verizon had a commerical in which a nice young lady was using a 17" PowerBook. They were selling a package Internet deal.

iAdam
May 13, 2003, 08:44 PM
My county just about an hour ago had a tornado warning so I was watching the loacal news astations and on Less Then Perfect, the main person (red hed) has an old iMac

wdlove
May 14, 2003, 11:40 AM
On our local ABC station WCVB, they did a story on Christa Worthington. She was murdered one year ago in January at here home in Truro on Cape Cod. The prosecuitor has released new information on the case hoping for new leads. Also some unfaltering details about him are coming out in a new book. "Invisible Eden: A True Story of Love an Death on Cape Cod," by author O'Keefe. A local paper is investigating the situation. The reporter was interviewed in the newsroom, which showed an orginal iMac, Blueberrry! :)

MacFan25
May 14, 2003, 07:30 PM
I am beginning to see the commercials for AppleMusic.com. I just saw the commercial where the guy sings generation.

MacBandit
May 14, 2003, 07:52 PM
I am beginning to see the commercials for AppleMusic.com. I just saw the commercial where the guy sings generation.

That's odd. I kind of figured Apple decided to not run those since they pulled them from the website.

wdlove
May 14, 2003, 08:02 PM

So far I haven't seen any! What show or network was the commercial run?

MacFan25
May 14, 2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
That's odd. I kind of figured Apple decided to not run those since they pulled them from the website.
I thought that too. But, tonight, I have seen two of them. maybe they will put them back on the site. :confused:

MacFan25
May 14, 2003, 08:05 PM
one was on Fox when i was just flipping around. then the other one was on during NBC's Dateline.

phrancpharmD
May 14, 2003, 08:36 PM

I saw the guy singing "My Generation" on Fox either during That 70's Show or between it and American Idol