PDA

View Full Version : Post your Xbox 360 setups!

Pages : [1] 2

reberto
Nov 22, 2005, 05:36 PM
For all of you people who went out and got a 360 last night, SHOW US SOME PHOTOS!. I will post mine once I set it up (went to bed right after I got back)

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 07:22 PM
i knew this thread wasnt far away...lol....

Bless

clayj
Nov 22, 2005, 07:25 PM
Here's mine.

Aarow
Nov 22, 2005, 07:27 PM
They're all probably playing them right now. We might never see them again.

Phat_Pat
Nov 22, 2005, 07:31 PM
Here's mine.
you. lucky. son. of. a. well you know the rest.

my friend got one last night.

hes asleep cause he hasn't slept in 24 hours. as soon as he wakes up im going over there

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 07:32 PM
i need the VGA cable cuz i dont have a TV.....suck big time...

Call of duty is great.

Bless

Daveway
Nov 22, 2005, 07:58 PM
My neighbor/cousin stayed at WalMart for 20hrs last night and bought 3. He has one, a friend, and the 3rd is on eBay.

I'll try to get a pic.
First impressions:
-Great gfx considering 1st gen
-It gets HOT and loud, 2 fans
-Really seamless integration with periph.

buryyourbrideau
Nov 22, 2005, 08:24 PM
hope this worked!

Aarow
Nov 22, 2005, 08:28 PM
hope this worked!

Call Of Duty 2?!? I think I might be a little envious.

P.S. What weapon is that on the screen?
little envious=Holy Asterisk, I'm jealous!

buryyourbrideau
Nov 22, 2005, 08:30 PM
Call Of Duty 2?!? I think I might be a little envious.

P.S. What weapon is that on the screen?
little envious=Holy Asterisk, I'm jealous!

that is my buddy playing at the moment, using a thompson sub-machine gun

Aarow
Nov 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
that is my buddy playing at the moment, using a thompson sub-machine gun

Man, I couldn't even tell it was a thompson because it looks so much better than it does on my mac mini (original CoD).

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 08:36 PM
thats hot man....call of duty is the best game on the box...period.

Bless

puckhead193
Nov 22, 2005, 08:49 PM
Here's mine.
what size is that plasma?

kwajo.com
Nov 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
post screens of NBA Live, it's pretty much my only reason for considering the 260

ibookowner2
Nov 22, 2005, 10:26 PM
Why did you guys get the core systems?

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 10:30 PM
thats not the core.....they just brought wired controls

Bless

Abstract
Nov 22, 2005, 10:50 PM
Here's mine

:(

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 10:53 PM
^^those are hot pics man....where did u get that tv

bless

buryyourbrideau
Nov 22, 2005, 10:57 PM
^^those are hot pics man....where did u get that tv

bless

were you asking me?

2nyRiggz
Nov 22, 2005, 11:02 PM
no i was drolling over Abstract lovely system.

bless

Chundles
Nov 22, 2005, 11:12 PM
Gee, I wonder how long we'll be waiting for the new XBox?

2, 3 years?

buryyourbrideau
Nov 22, 2005, 11:12 PM
no i was drolling over Abstract lovely system.

bless

ahh the pictures of his setup didnt show up on an opera browser

Chundles
Nov 22, 2005, 11:19 PM
ahh the pictures of his setup didnt show up on an opera browser

No, that's right, you've just got to get the joke.

Benjamin
Nov 22, 2005, 11:22 PM
hehehe nice one Abstract.

clayj
Nov 22, 2005, 11:23 PM
what size is that plasma?50"... and I bought two WIRELESS controllers and a Charge and Play kit (which is what the wire is).

Chundles
Nov 23, 2005, 12:42 AM
They just showed the US launch on the news, people lining up for hours and hours, Bill Gates looking suitably nerdy, some bloke holding the 360 aloft for the whole crowd to cheer him (???? It's just a game console, calm down).

We have to wait until March to get one here, probably going to cost $700 like the PS and the PS2 and then get cut down to $400 within a month like they did last time.

Ryan1524
Nov 23, 2005, 06:23 AM
Don't people do the same dumb things for macs when something new comes out? The Ginza line-up came to mind. :p

I'm guilty as charged for Apple products, although I never line up. :p

Dark
Nov 23, 2005, 06:49 AM
I really really hate Microsoft. My local EB-Games was supposed to be getting in 25 systems. I had mine pre-ordered since the beginning of the year. I was number 22 on the list. A few days ago they get a call saying Microsoft is only shipping out 13. 13!!!!! How the hell do you only ship 13 system on the biggest system release ever! Although I really diddnt think 360 was that good anyway when I played it in the store. They pulled this same crap with Halo. My parents werent going to give it to me untill Christmas anyway, but still. EB-Games said they dont even know if there going to get a second shiptment before then...grrrrrrrr

besler3035
Nov 23, 2005, 10:07 AM
I really really hate Microsoft. My local EB-Games was supposed to be getting in 25 systems. I had mine pre-ordered since the beginning of the year. I was number 22 on the list. A few days ago they get a call saying Microsoft is only shipping out 13. 13!!!!! How the hell do you only ship 13 system on the biggest system release ever! Although I really diddnt think 360 was that good anyway when I played it in the store. They pulled this same crap with Halo. My parents werent going to give it to me untill Christmas anyway, but still. EB-Games said they dont even know if there going to get a second shiptment before then...grrrrrrrr

Well, for the record, I waited for a PlayStation 2 for about 4 hours at Toys R Us because I went in there and got told six of them were coming in that very day...I got the second one available.

corywoolf
Nov 23, 2005, 11:18 AM
Here's mine.

You must be pretty damn well off, I spotted that insanely expensive remote w/ LCD display in the background. I had a friend who had that remote, pretty bad considering my computer costs less then that remote.

I think it is pretty close to this remote, that costs $1,200.

clayj
Nov 23, 2005, 11:39 AM
You must be pretty damn well off, I spotted that insanely expensive remote w/ LCD display in the background. I had a friend who had that remote, pretty bad considering my computer costs less then that remote.

I think it is pretty close to this remote, that costs $1,200.Yeah, that's the same remote... Panja/AMX Viewpoint color touchscreen panel. But I paid quite a bit more than $1,200 for it when I bought it five years ago. ;) (My entire home theatre is 5 years old now and it STILL blows the doors off just about everything else.)

dornoforpyros
Nov 23, 2005, 11:42 AM
hey is the xbox 360 that console with the artificially created short supply?

Abstract
Nov 23, 2005, 01:49 PM
Yes it is. Its called the XBox 360 because at launch-time, only 360 system were available. In the world. The entire world.

corywoolf
Nov 23, 2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that's the same remote... Panja/AMX Viewpoint color touchscreen panel. But I paid quite a bit more than $1,200 for it when I bought it five years ago. ;) (My entire home theatre is 5 years old now and it STILL blows the doors off just about everything else.)

Not to be nosey, but are you a "self" made millionaire? I looked at your profile and saw you worked for microsoft. Did you get rich off web-design? I wish I was in your shoes. Funny how you still got a mac mini when you could afford a powermac with dual 30" ACD's. I am sure you worked you tail off to earn the money though. Do you have a blog? PM me if you get a chance.

clayj
Nov 23, 2005, 11:48 PM
Not to be nosey, but are you a "self" made millionaire? I looked at your profile and saw you worked for microsoft. Did you get rich off web-design? I wish I was in your shoes. Funny how you still got a mac mini when you could afford a powermac with dual 30" ACD's. I am sure you worked you tail off to earn the money though. Do you have a blog? PM me if you get a chance.Erm, that is perhaps a BIT nosy...

I got a Mac mini because I wanted to dip my feet into the Mac pool. I now also have a PowerBook. I won't be buying any PowerMacs because they don't run the software that I prefer/need to use on a daily basis (Exchange Server, Outlook for Windows). And I like my Sony LCD just fine, no need for a giant Apple display.

I have a blog, but it's very rarely updated and almost always to express my being really upset about something. It's not a diary, but more of a venting system. ;)

UMHurricanes34
Nov 27, 2005, 07:20 PM
Dont have my 360 yet but I can show you what it will be coming home to...
http://static.flickr.com/32/67634274_6e12b56cbe_o.jpg

The wires near the component rack have since been tidied up and are no longer visible. 360 will go where the Xbox is. Everything pictured is hooked up through component and optical audio. Looks great, but I need to get my TV set professionally calibrated.

2nyRiggz
Nov 27, 2005, 07:27 PM
wonderful...have fun with that. what games will u be getting?

Bless

UMHurricanes34
Nov 27, 2005, 07:34 PM
wonderful...have fun with that. what games will u be getting?

Bless
I suppose you're asking me? I already bought PGR3, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, and Condemned. Just gotta pick up my pre-ordered copies of Ridge Racer 6, NFS: MS, and Madden and I will be able to experience full next-gen bliss. :D

doucy2
Nov 27, 2005, 07:35 PM
people really go all out for an xbox??
suprised me

zap2
Nov 27, 2005, 07:50 PM
, Bill Gates looking suitably nerdy, some bloke holding the 360 aloft for the whole crowd to cheer him (???? It's just a game console, calm down).

So can you say if Steve Jobs came out witha Apple game console and said cheer for it!! you would not?

zap2
Nov 27, 2005, 07:52 PM
post screens of NBA Live, it's pretty much my only reason for considering the 260

The 260? is that a code name for the HandHeld xBox?;)

Aarow
Nov 27, 2005, 07:58 PM
The 260? is that a code name for the HandHeld xBox?;)
This guy (http://www.benheck.com) would probably make one.

GoCubsGo
Nov 27, 2005, 08:00 PM
Dont have my 360 yet but I can show you what it will be coming home to...
http://static.flickr.com/32/67634274_6e12b56cbe_o.jpg

The wires near the component rack have since been tidied up and are no longer visible. 360 will go where the Xbox is. Everything pictured is hooked up through component and optical audio. Looks great, but I need to get my TV set professionally calibrated.

What is that thing that your cable box and stuff is sitting on? Where'd you get it?

UMHurricanes34
Nov 27, 2005, 08:01 PM
What is that thing that your cable box and stuff is sitting on? Where'd you get it?
It is a Sanus Audio Rack and I bought it at Best Buy for $150
Add: You can purchase it online here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5901937&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03115&id=1063670359106

It's very heavy so I wouldnt suggest buying it online and paying the shipping fees.

2nyRiggz
Nov 27, 2005, 08:17 PM
I suppose you're asking me? I already bought PGR3, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, and Condemned. Just gotta pick up my pre-ordered copies of Ridge Racer 6, NFS: MS, and Madden and I will be able to experience full next-gen bliss. :D

wow thats alot of games...thats like the whole lineup of new 360 games.....big spender u are...Good:)
Are u trying to impress the girls here...good job

Bless

UMHurricanes34
Nov 27, 2005, 08:25 PM
wow thats alot of games...thats like the whole lineup of new 360 games.....big spender u are...Good:)
Are u trying to impress the chicks here...good job

Bless
Oh no, there would be wayyyyyy to many chicks to go after here.

Chundles
Nov 27, 2005, 08:33 PM
So can you say if Steve Jobs came out witha Apple game console and said cheer for it!! you would not?

No I would not.

2nyRiggz
Nov 27, 2005, 08:39 PM
^^only if that gaming system is good.....but not cuz steve told me to cheer.

Bless

AvSRoCkCO1067
Nov 27, 2005, 08:58 PM
Erm, that is perhaps a BIT nosy...

I got a Mac mini because I wanted to dip my feet into the Mac pool. I now also have a PowerBook. I won't be buying any PowerMacs because they don't run the software that I prefer/need to use on a daily basis (Exchange Server, Outlook for Windows). And I like my Sony LCD just fine, no need for a giant Apple display.

I have a blog, but it's very rarely updated and almost always to express my being really upset about something. It's not a diary, but more of a venting system. ;)

In his defense I didn't think it was too nozy...lol. What else are profiles for...?

Anyway, congrats on the mini - I bought my sister one, she loves it

corrado85
Dec 26, 2005, 03:56 AM
Yes it is. Its called the XBox 360 because at launch-time, only 360 system were available. In the world. The entire world.
rofl!

UMHurricanes34
Dec 26, 2005, 09:21 AM
Got my 360 a little while ago, and replaced my surround sound like I was originally planning with the real deal.
http://static.flickr.com/40/76443388_2acb4981bb_o.jpg

wnameth
Dec 26, 2005, 12:04 PM
Got my 360 a little while ago, and replaced my surround sound like I was originally planning with the real deal.
http://static.flickr.com/40/76443388_2acb4981bb_o.jpg
that is an amazing setup, probably over 10,000$

w_parietti22
Dec 26, 2005, 12:16 PM
becuase we got it yesterday... It still is sitting on the grounf in the basement...:rolleyes:

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/9821/img28872st.th.jpg (http://img351.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img28872st.jpg)
(Temporary Setup)

ph0rce
Dec 26, 2005, 04:52 PM
hmmm, think i'll be buying one of them :)

reberto
Dec 28, 2005, 08:51 PM
that is an amazing setup, probably over 10,000$
unless you go to costco :p that would make it about a $7500 setup

UMHurricanes34
Dec 29, 2005, 10:42 AM
unless you go to costco :p that would make it about a $7500 setup
Or Sams Club :p

Got a great deal on the tv at Sam's. It was $900 and included the stand. This TV is being moved into my living room where my DLP rests, and the DLP will be moved up to the room of my picture. It's technically my office/entertainment room...hard to get work done though :p

ipacmm
Dec 29, 2005, 11:28 AM
Here is my setup in my room, we are redoing our basement so I brought the plasma up to my room so I could play....

quicksilver77
Dec 29, 2005, 05:12 PM
Nice setup...and nice to see some quicksilver fans around.

Cheers

Gordy
Jan 14, 2006, 10:51 AM
Well I finally managed to find a Xbox 360 premium today. After many weeks of fruitless searching. I popped into my local game and asked on the off chance they'd got one in. Well the manager said no premiums but some cores he thought and went off to check. I was most surprised to see him coming back with a big box and a grin on his face.

My desk is now a bit more crowded but its worth it hehe.
http://gordyhand.co.uk/gallery/d/161-1/DSCF3021.JPG

I'm still waiting on the vga cable so I can hook it up to the better vga input on my dell but hopefully I will be getting hold of one soon.

Full Gallery of my pics here http://www.gordyhand.co.uk/gallery/v/casemodding/xbox360/

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 11:20 AM
i will be posting my xbox 360 set-up when i receive my 15" LCD and my VGA adapter for the xbox. question for all you xbox people..

if i plug my computer speakers into a RCA adapter (regualar speaker cable to red and white) and then plug the red and white into my xbox will it work? i mean will sound come out of my computer speakers?

i really need to know or else i have to buy new computer speakers that have red and white on them....:eek:

Gordy
Jan 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
i will be posting my xbox 360 set-up when i receive my 15" LCD and my VGA adapter for the xbox. question for all you xbox people..

if i plug my computer speakers into a RCA adapter (regualar speaker cable to red and white) and then plug the red and white into my xbox will it work? i mean will sound come out of my computer speakers?

i really need to know or else i have to buy new computer speakers that have red and white on them....:eek:

The 360 comes with two phono sound outputs red and white. You should be able to hook them straight up to your speakers if it has a phono input. If it doesn't but has the steroe cable input you will need a 2x phono to stereo adapter.

I had to do the latter :)

wnameth
Jan 14, 2006, 02:37 PM
The 360 comes with two phono sound outputs red and white. You should be able to hook them straight up to your speakers if it has a phono input. If it doesn't but has the steroe cable input you will need a 2x phono to stereo adapter.

I had to do the latter :)

okay, so you have done it.. plugged the two phono (red and white) into an adapter then into your computers speakers, and it works, i am worried that the xbox doesn't have a built in amp, so it won't have any volume.. or very little..

Gordy
Jan 14, 2006, 05:16 PM
okay, so you have done it.. plugged the two phono (red and white) into an adapter then into your computers speakers, and it works, i am worried that the xbox doesn't have a built in amp, so it won't have any volume.. or very little..

I couldnt tell you as its hooked into my powered speakers which have an amp (most computer speakers do).

The volume is fine on mine, and I only have it on half vol.

quicksilver77
Jan 23, 2006, 08:26 AM
Here is mine...just got my 360 off ebay...its on route..

wwooden
Jan 23, 2006, 09:24 AM
Got my 360 about 3 weeks ago. I was down visiting my girlfriend in Connecticut and we went to Target because I ran out of sox. I just happen to walk over to the electronics department and they had 6 premiums just sitting there. The system is awesome, I just wish more XBox games were compatible. I am quite happy with my setup, it is a 30" Phillips HDTV, the stereo is old, but it works. I would like to eventually get one that has optical in and connect that to my 360. The Regular XBox won't be staying there for long, I have a friend who might buy it. If anyone still uses their PS2, get Guitar Hero, one of the most fun games I have ever played.

UMHurricanes34
Jan 23, 2006, 02:59 PM
Got my 360 about 3 weeks ago. I was down visiting my girlfriend in Connecticut and we went to Target because I ran out of sox. I just happen to walk over to the electronics department and they had 6 premiums just sitting there. The system is awesome, I just wish more XBox games were compatible. I am quite happy with my setup, it is a 30" Phillips HDTV, the stereo is old, but it works. I would like to eventually get one that has optical in and connect that to my 360. The Regular XBox won't be staying there for long, I have a friend who might buy it. If anyone still uses their PS2, get Guitar Hero, one of the most fun games I have ever played.
One thing I don't understand is when people complain about not being able to play old games on a new system...when they already own an Xbox.

wwooden
Jan 24, 2006, 07:52 AM
One thing I don't understand is when people complain about not being able to play old games on a new system...when they already own an Xbox.

It's obviously something that people are interested, why do you think Nintendo is going to allow people to download old games to the Revolution? It's just easier and nicer to use one system if you can. Also, you would think that Microsoft would learn from Sony and make the XBox 360 compatible with all the games on the XBox. I can't decide if I should hold on to my XBox games and see if they eventually will work or just sell them now.

UMHurricanes34
Jan 24, 2006, 05:53 PM
It's obviously something that people are interested, why do you think Nintendo is going to allow people to download old games to the Revolution? It's just easier and nicer to use one system if you can. Also, you would think that Microsoft would learn from Sony and make the XBox 360 compatible with all the games on the XBox. I can't decide if I should hold on to my XBox games and see if they eventually will work or just sell them now.
I know, but most people don't still own their NES, or SNES, so it makes more sense. But when you have your original Xbox and 360 hooked up and you complain that the 360 doesnt run the games, that's stupid. Just turn on the old Xbox and play them.

h0e0h
Jan 24, 2006, 07:43 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2939/img00028hf.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00028hf.jpg)
Original, 360 and my 42" Sony LCD and a few games

xPismo
Jan 24, 2006, 07:55 PM
Nice setups. Check mine out:

:eek: Yeah. No money for gaming. Powerbook and Car take it all.

I'm not jelous. Really. ;)

jaydon34
Jan 29, 2006, 11:27 AM
My small tempory setup till i get an hdtv. Didnt post pictures of the 360 cuse I cant fit it on my desk

IanC
Apr 10, 2006, 01:11 PM
http://static.flickr.com/40/124732758_8707ac9e23.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianc14/124732758/in/set-72057594095117157)

Yeah its a kinda crappy set up, no fancy HDTV, but i can still see the difference between the graphics on the Xbox and Xbox 360.

Yes its a core system, i could of got a preimum but i didnt want the wireless control, and had no need for the HDTV lead, headset or ethernet cable. Ill pick up a HD in a few weeks, my memory unit should last till then :p

More pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianc14/sets/72057594095117157/

2nyRiggz
Apr 10, 2006, 01:22 PM
Tell me how does it look on those 15" 17" LCD screen please(anyone using it on that)....

Bless

greatdevourer
Apr 10, 2006, 01:52 PM
My desk is now a bit more crowded but its worth it hehe.
http://www.gordyhand.co.uk/gallery/d/4062-1/DSCF3021.JPG

I'm still waiting on the vga cable so I can hook it up to the better vga input on my dell but hopefully I will be getting hold of one soon. Very nice setup :D What I hope mine to look like, except I wont be getting a MiniPC

ntrsfrml
Apr 18, 2006, 01:57 AM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5525/photo0017large3bd.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5882/photo0023large2bw.jpg

EDIT: pics taken w/ crappy Samsung D500 cellphone.

EvilDoc
Apr 19, 2006, 12:59 AM
is that a christmas tree?

ntrsfrml
Apr 19, 2006, 01:06 AM
is that a christmas tree?
Yes, thats when i got my Xbox and took the pics.

Deefuzz
Apr 20, 2006, 01:13 PM

Cool, looks like we have the same TV nice :D

BakedBeans
Apr 20, 2006, 02:13 PM
Yes, thats when i got my Xbox and took the pics.

looks awesome!!

looks a nice house you got there to (by uk standards lol)

N10248
Apr 20, 2006, 02:35 PM
Mine:

http://1stforcrafts.com/WebObjects/N10248/xbox.jpg (http://1stforcrafts.com/WebObjects/N10248/29-3-06_04.jpg)
Click to zoom

bye

Afro1989
Apr 20, 2006, 04:12 PM
Mine:

Click to zoom

bye

That's the best looking HDTV ever made in my opinion. Does it have good response time as if I were to use it for playing Xbox 360?

Do you have its model number or name? Thanks. :p

jimN
Apr 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
That's the best looking HDTV ever made in my opinion. Does it have good response time as if I were to use it for playing Xbox 360?

Do you have its model number or name? Thanks. :p

That's one of the old line. Samsung have just released new models that I think look even better - try googling them.

ph0rce
Apr 21, 2006, 01:41 PM
hey,

yep, samsung have just gotten some more sexy screens :) look like exactly the same as Bang & Olufsen's BeoVision 7... sexy B&O... (http://www.bang-olufsen.com/web2/systems/product.asp?section=systems&sub=tv&prodid=566)

and here are the new line of samsungs... Samsung LE26M51B LCD TV (http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26m51bxxeu.asp)

http://www.ilovesamsung.co.uk/files/le32m51b.jpg

thinking of getting with a Mac Mini Core Solo / Duo to make my media center :)

Afro1989
Apr 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
Question about that Samsung. How do you know it has both a DVI and VGA port? Thanks.

Mord
Apr 21, 2006, 02:43 PM
you look at the specifications :eek:

if it just has a DVI-I port then it'll say so.

i'd post a pic of my set up but it's invisible, i have all the cables bunched together going to my 23" 720p lcdtv running my 360 over vga 1360x768 with my 360/pvr/dreamcast hidden inside a cube table next to the sofa with a lamp sitting on top, with the controllers inside the coffee table, the only trouble is that i have to lift cloth that hangs over the cube table to get to the 360 so i cant use the remote unless i'm point blank pointing it at the 360.

so to summerise:

23" 720p lcd
premium xbox 360 2x pads and a memory card (i need to transport my saves, i just keep my music/xbla titles on the HD)
PDZ, COD2, PGR3, Oblivion

Moshiiii
Apr 21, 2006, 03:08 PM
Can you hook up a XboX 360 to a computer monitor?

Gordy
Apr 21, 2006, 04:08 PM
Can you hook up a XboX 360 to a computer monitor?

yes

ph0rce
Apr 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
yes

using a VGA cable if i am correct?

Moshiiii
Apr 21, 2006, 10:13 PM
Ahh i see *crosses fingers* I hope revolution supports that.

I'm not hating on the Xbox360 by brining up the revolution. Nintendo matches my playing tastes. Although Oblivion rocked!

Ultimatelox
May 4, 2006, 11:15 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5525/photo0017large3bd.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5882/photo0023large2bw.jpg

Good god :eek: I think it would take me a few decades to get a setup like that or at least the tv. already got the 360 and 600 watt surround

clayj
May 4, 2006, 11:21 PM
I haven't posted mine because it's boring... here's the TV:

http://www.clayj.com/html/ArtInItsNaturalHabitat(2).jpg

The Xbox 360 sits behind my sofa (located at the extreme right edge of this picture, facing the TV), and is connected to the TV and speakers via the following path:

Xbox 360 > component cables out (+ digital audio) > component+digital audio/CAT-6 converter > 75 feet of behind-the-wall CAT-6 cable > CAT-6/component+digital audio converter > AV receiver > behind-the-wall speaker wires (6.1) and component video cables > TV and speakers

All so I can play games with NO wires showing anywhere. :)

w_parietti22
May 5, 2006, 08:38 AM

<snip>

The Xbox 360 sits behind my sofa (located at the extreme right edge of this picture, facing the TV), and is connected to the TV and speakers via the following path:

Xbox 360 > component cables out (+ digital audio) > component+digital audio/CAT-6 converter > 75 feet of behind-the-wall CAT-6 cable > CAT-6/component+digital audio converter > AV receiver > behind-the-wall speaker wires (6.1) and component video cables > TV and speakers

*cough* neat freak *cough*

:p

ph0rce
May 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
whats everyone think of the PS3?

Personaly, i can't wait! bring on 17th November :D

Afro1989
May 9, 2006, 07:04 PM
Too bad GTA IV will be released on both the 360 and PS3 on the same day. Suckerrrr. (^_^) I'm not a Micro$oft fanboy 'cause I'll most likely buy both the Wii and the PS3 when they come out. I'm currently loving the 360 though.

cplusON3R
May 9, 2006, 10:20 PM
Video:
Samsung HL-P4663W display
Pioneer DV-563A dvd player
Sharp VC-H952 4 head hi-fi VCR
Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver

Audio:
Yamaha RX-V2095 reciever
Kenwood CD 206 5 disc cd player
Sony MDS-JE520 mini disc player
JVC TD-W245 dual cassette player
Polk Audio RT600 towers
Polk Audio RT/FX dipole/bipole rears
Polk Audio CS245 center
Definitive Technology PF15TL sub
KLH cube speakers front effects channel

Accessories:
Philips Pronto (LCD learning remote)
Sony Playstation2
Microsoft XBOX360
Nintendo Gamecube
Sega Dreamcast (modded)
Bell'Oggetti AVS800 entertainment center
AVT-5842 powered component video switcher
Monster & Kimber cables all around

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/cplusDJD/DSC00973.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/cplusDJD/DSC00971.jpg

savagedudeguy
May 10, 2006, 09:15 AM

Boring? That's beautiful.

sunfast
May 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
Some awesome setups here. I wanna play! :mad:

Afro1989
May 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
I took brand new pics and labeled some stuff. :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_3.jpg

thecheda
May 13, 2006, 08:42 PM
I took brand new pics and labeled some stuff. :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Afro1989/Pic_3.jpg

whats the brand and make of this lcd.

Afro1989
May 13, 2006, 08:55 PM
19" LG L1920P. I think the newer model is called the L1920PQ though. The response time is amazing. It's perfect for 360 if you're low on cash for an actual HDTV.

octoberdeath
May 15, 2006, 07:19 PM
19" LG L1920P. I think the newer model is called the L1920PQ though. The response time is amazing. It's perfect for 360 if you're low on cash for an actual HDTV.

where did you get that desk? i have crappy desk i have my 20" Apple Cinema display on and my desk wobbles! i need a new one that is pretty nice... and has room to expand (so i can get another AC display and maybe an Xbox 360).

imac abuser
May 17, 2006, 06:29 PM
why the verticle look just cause you can lol I don't want mine to fall over or scratch discs

chris

Afro1989
May 17, 2006, 06:32 PM
where did you get that desk? i have crappy desk i have my 20" Apple Cinema display on and my desk wobbles! i need a new one that is pretty nice... and has room to expand (so i can get another AC display and maybe an Xbox 360).

Link (http://www.studiorta.com/catalog/details.cfm?catalog_id=164) -- :)

UMHurricanes34
May 17, 2006, 06:55 PM
Bad news fellas, two days ago my 360 started acting up and I have to report that at approximately 01800 hours yesterday, it was officially pronounced dead. I seem to have over-played it and killed the GPU. I am hopefully going to have it replaced tomorrow under it's warranty and I'll report back...hope the new one is alright. It's a damn shame after 6 straight perfect months of love and harmony, it all ends in one sudden, sad hour.

Afro1989
May 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
I feel for you! At the moment I'm on my third 360. My other two had hardware failures so I had to send them in. For my third 360, which I currently have I bought the Xbox 360 Nyko Intercooler and it is so great. I haven't had one freeze and it has cooled the console down by at least 10 degrees.

I highly recommend it to whoever has a 360. It's $20 by the way and it's very well made. Best 360 purchase so far. (^_^)

Josias
May 26, 2006, 04:34 AM
My owner Xbox with 2 wireless and 1 wired controller.:cool:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/127/img00026jp.jpg

mattcube64
May 29, 2006, 01:14 AM
My bedroom:
46" Toshiba widescreen HD RPCRT
Toshiba DVD player
Dish 811 HD receiver
Xbox 360
Xbox
GCN
N64
NDS
PSP
30GB black video iPod
...and hopefully a new Intel Mac soon...:)

Downstairs family room:
51" Toshiba widescreen HD RPCRT (built-in to walls)
Dish 811 HD receiver
Toshiba 1080i upscaling DVD player
Samsung VCR
Kenwood 800W surround sound (6.1 capable, 5.1 currently)(built-in to walls)

Please resize those pics...

Yeah, I'll resize the ones of my bedroom. The other, downstairs pics, though, are on a different computer that's been out of commission for six months. Sorry, I posted these and never looked at the result. They show up fine on the IGN boards, hehe.

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 001pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 001pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 006pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 006pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 004pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 004pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 003pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 003pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

Felldownthewell
May 29, 2006, 01:26 AM
~snip~

:eek:

Sammis89
May 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
Please resize those pics...

2nyRiggz
May 29, 2006, 09:06 PM
Dude....resize those pictures please.....

Bless

mattcube64
May 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
And a final pic of my 6ft Jack Skellington figure.

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 002pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 002pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

Again, sorry for the huge pics. I'm used to IGN where they show up fine. Also, my firewall, for one reason or another, is not allowing me to access my photobucket account. Ugh. Sorry for the trouble.

Chundles
May 29, 2006, 09:34 PM
Mate, resize the original pics, don't just post resized versions and leave the old ones up. Go back to your post and edit it there.

Sammis89
May 29, 2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'll resize the ones of my bedroom. The other, downstairs pics, though, are on a different computer that's been out of commission for six months. Sorry, I posted these and never looked at the result. They show up fine on the IGN boards, hehe.

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 001pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 001pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 006pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 006pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 004pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 004pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 003pics-1-th.jpg (http://www.picfury.com/18/Resized_New Setup Pics 003pics-1.html)http://www.picfury.com/img/banner7.png (http://www.picfury.com/index.php)

See... now i can tell you that thats a sick TV, and actually be able to see the entire tv...

Somewhere in there is a compliment....

LethalWolfe
May 29, 2006, 11:27 PM

My first thought was, "Holy crap that looks like a freak show room".
My second thought was, "Holy crap that looks like a horrible setup if you lived in earthquake country."

I guess living in LA has rubbed off on me. Whenever I decorate I always ask myself, "How likely is this to fall during a quake? And if it falls will it land on me? And if it lands on me will it kill me?"

Lethal

WeeShoo
May 31, 2006, 09:16 PM
Ive had it since January 26th, just never bothered to post it up.

clayj
May 31, 2006, 09:26 PM
My first thought was, "Holy crap that looks like a freak show room".
My second thought was, "Holy crap that looks like a horrible setup if you lived in earthquake country."

I guess living in LA has rubbed off on me. Whenever I decorate I always ask myself, "How likely is this to fall during a quake? And if it falls will it land on me? And if it lands on me will it kill me?"

LethalYeah, we don't get quakes here in North Carolina, and I'm far enough inland (and high enough up from the ground) that hurricanes and floods aren't a real issue here.

PhillStew
Jun 2, 2006, 05:11 PM

Hey, I'm interested in your whole setup. Could you post more pictures of your gear?

WeeShoo
Jun 3, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, we don't get quakes here in North Carolina, and I'm far enough inland (and high enough up from the ground) that hurricanes and floods aren't a real issue here.

Clay, I live in Maggie Valley, which is around 30 mins from Canton, The Pigeon River runs right through Canton, and when Hurricane Frances and Ivan came thorugh, the entire town was flooded, so Hurricanes are and issue. :)

stormyuklondon1
Jun 4, 2006, 11:45 AM
mine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/stormyuklondon1/CIMG0462.jpg
i must get round to trunking the cables, she's giving me serious earache about it:D

DISCOMUNICATION
Jun 4, 2006, 09:05 PM
mine...
i must get round to trunking the cables, she's giving me serious earache about it:D
Waking Life?

Afro1989
Jun 4, 2006, 09:09 PM
Pwnt. Hahaha.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7453/ed4lz.th.jpg (http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ed4lz.jpg)

clayj
Jun 4, 2006, 09:11 PM
Waking Life?No, that's from A Scanner Darkly... same director, more advanced rotoscoping technique this time 'round. (The movie's out July 7th.)

Moshiiii
Jun 4, 2006, 09:18 PM
mine...

Nice looking setup but you gotta hide those cables man. It should only cost a few bucks to hide em.

DISCOMUNICATION
Jun 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
No, that's from A Scanner Darkly... same director, more advanced rotoscoping technique this time 'round. (The movie's out July 7th.)
Yeah, just got through watching the trailer. I was going to come back here and correct myself, but you beat me to it.

stormyuklondon1
Jun 5, 2006, 08:34 AM
Nice looking setup but you gotta hide those cables man. It should only cost a few bucks to hide em.

yep, it is one of the (many!) jobs ive been tasked with by she who must be obeyed on my next day off....:D

XboxEvolved
Jun 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
clayj, how very...high of you? to say your setup is boring? I guess your right though, your living room looks like something out of a Sears catalog. ;) Sorry if that sounds crude,or mean, but it just the truth.

Anyways, not to sound persumptious(sp) but I guarantee my setup is definitely unique. It isn't much for looks, but my retail white 360 has a Xbox 360 E3 05 faceplate I got last year, and the bottom 360 is my debug test kit:

http://www.xe360.com/images/content/misc/Johnsroom%20002.jpg

I don't have a HDTV right now, simply because I feel the prices need to come down, and even so, when I get one I will still get a Slimflat CRT, since they are really the only 100% proven tech. Another reason I guess, is I would feel like an ass with a HDTV when my parents don't even have one. So either I would have to buy them one this Christmas first, or they will have to finally pony up and get one for themselves :(

Besides, a LCD monitor works just as fine when I need those HD visuals. Anywho, I -think- that Sony WEGA is a 27', and is capable of 16:9 ratio which actually does seem to clean up the picture on my 360, and it does make for better viewing.

clayj
Jun 5, 2006, 12:24 PM
Well, I say it's "boring" because most pictures of Xbox 360 setups include the console, the TV, some other gear (AV receiver, etc.), and everything's all in one shot. Mine, because of where everything is (Xbox 360 = behind where I sit, AV receiver and other gear = in another room entirely, TV = the only thing you really see), is boring by comparison.

Later this week I'll post a picture of the 360 itself and where it sits...

Mord
Jun 5, 2006, 12:24 PM
my setup is all hidden, all i have in view is a pair of speakers in book cases and a cable going to my HDTV, anyway i need to get a decent surround sound kit, with about a £200 budget

stuff that needs to go in:

via optical:

airport express
xbox 360
PVR
DVD player
pc

via coax:

pc
dvd player

i the pc and dvd player i could do via either, though i'd prefer optical.

anyway nothing seems to have more than two optical inputs and i cant be bothered with switch boxes.

clayj
Jun 8, 2006, 03:45 PM
OK, as promised, here's my actual Xbox 360 (the one in my living room)... this is behind my sofa, on the opposite side of the room from where the TV is. If you look closely, you can see the white cable trunk that goes to the right... this goes behind the walls to my media closet, and then more wires go to the TV and the speakers. The faceplate is a rare GRAW faceplate I picked up on eBay... I also use a GRAW theme on the Xbox 360 dashboard.

PhillStew
Jun 9, 2006, 07:17 AM
OK, as promised, here's my actual Xbox 360 (the one in my living room)... this is behind my sofa, on the opposite side of the room from where the TV is. If you look closely, you can see the white cable trunk that goes to the right... this goes behind the walls to my media closet, and then more wires go to the TV and the speakers. The faceplate is a rare GRAW faceplate I picked up on eBay... I also use a GRAW theme on the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Nice AMX Touchscreen clayj. Are you using it just to control the things in the media closet or are there any home automation aspects tied into your system as well? Would you post pics of your meda closet?

clayj
Jun 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
Nice AMX Touchscreen clayj. Are you using it just to control the things in the media closet or are there any home automation aspects tied into your system as well? Would you post pics of your meda closet?Thanks... the AMX is just for controlling AV gear, not lighting or curtains or anything.

Here's the media closet... from top to bottom:

Sony 400 DVD changer + Sony LocationFree TV base station
B&K AVR-307 AV receiver
Sony DVP-S9000ES reference DVD player
Runco controller box
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD HD DVR cable box
Mitsubishi S-video VCR (kept only for emergencies... I have no VHS tapes)
Roku PhotoBridge
Monster power controller

Oh, and most of the gear is on a rotating Avrak rack, so getting to the wiring is very easy.

savagedudeguy
Jun 9, 2006, 06:51 PM
Very awesome.

pjarvi
Jun 10, 2006, 06:35 PM
Here's my 360 in a XCM Black Knight case, with a Pelican metallic red faceplate:

And, here's what I play on. A Gateway 21" LCD HD monitor. The 360 is connected to a Pelican System Selector Pro 2.0 via Component cables, and that is hooked up to the component in ports on the Gateway monitor. Currently running at 720P, but the monitor can do 1080i as well.

Sorry about the crappy image quality of the monitor picture. I haven't figured out how to take a good picture of a monitor that shows the image on the monitor clearly. The image on the monitor is just my Mac desktop, not the 360 anyway.

arcsbite
Jun 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
Not as posh as everyone else (I only have the one 360!)
but i'm in love anyway....

Xbox 360+2405+iMac=Love.

http://simbaandmo.com/mr/P6130232.jpg

http://simbaandmo.com/mr/P6140297.jpg

http://simbaandmo.com/mr/P6140295.jpg

http://simbaandmo.com/mr/P6140286.jpg

PhillStew
Jun 15, 2006, 10:36 AM

Thanks clayj. Did you program the AMX yourself or hire it done. I know the going rate for progamming AMX/Crestron systems like that go for a few hundred dollars an hour. My Philips Pronto just died and I'm looking for another control option and AMX may be what I need if the programming isn't too difficult.

cardude280
Jun 16, 2006, 09:28 PM

Xbox 360+2405+iMac=Love.

http://simbaandmo.com/mr/P6130232.jpg

what kind of laptop is that

Platform
Jun 17, 2006, 03:14 AM
what kind of laptop is that

iBook ?

AppleGuy08
Jun 17, 2006, 03:17 AM
Yea, thats an ibook G4. I have one, id recognize it anywhere!

arcsbite
Jun 17, 2006, 04:57 AM
^^ what he said ^^

yeah it's my spare iBook G4

clayj
Dec 23, 2006, 11:07 AM
OK, new picture of my setup since it's changed a bit.

Still we have the Xbox 360 with the rare GRAW faceplate (hey, I spent $40 on the thing, gonna use it as long as I can). But now we have the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on drive, to which is connected the 360's wireless network adapter (grey antenna) and the 360 Live Vision camera. (Yes, the camera is BEHIND where I sit. Luckily the cable for it is pretty long, so I can move it in front of me when I need to.)

Also shown is the 360 wireless headset (which I can't recommend strongly enough), my Quick Charger and batteries, my games, my extra controller and faceplates, and my HD-DVD movies.

Clydefrog
Dec 24, 2006, 01:54 PM
thats one hell of a setup:eek:

zap2
Dec 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
Arg...I hope I can join the post in this thread by Dec 26...lets hope people were in the giving mood when they put my xMas gifts together :)

Clydefrog
Dec 25, 2006, 05:59 PM
clayj, how very...high of you? to say your setup is boring? I guess your right though, your living room looks like something out of a Sears catalog. ;) Sorry if that sounds crude,or mean, but it just the truth.

Anyways, not to sound persumptious(sp) but I guarantee my setup is definitely unique. It isn't much for looks, but my retail white 360 has a Xbox 360 E3 05 faceplate I got last year, and the bottom 360 is my debug test kit:

http://www.xe360.com/images/content/misc/Johnsroom%20002.jpg

I don't have a HDTV right now, simply because I feel the prices need to come down, and even so, when I get one I will still get a Slimflat CRT, since they are really the only 100% proven tech. Another reason I guess, is I would feel like an ass with a HDTV when my parents don't even have one. So either I would have to buy them one this Christmas first, or they will have to finally pony up and get one for themselves :(

Besides, a LCD monitor works just as fine when I need those HD visuals. Anywho, I -think- that Sony WEGA is a 27', and is capable of 16:9 ratio which actually does seem to clean up the picture on my 360, and it does make for better viewing.

I WANT YOUR FACEPLATE:eek:

jaydon34
Dec 27, 2006, 10:57 AM
Had it for about a year now just forgot to post it. Cost me $300 also purchased the add on hd-dvd drive for xbox 360

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/96406596_c72a89223b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/118/305126455_cd53370a71.jpg

Shotglass
Dec 27, 2006, 11:56 AM
300$ for an HDTV is pretty sweet. More details, please!

p0intblank
Dec 27, 2006, 12:54 PM
300$ for an HDTV is pretty sweet. More details, please!

I am guessing he isn't talking about the HDTV. If he is... my God! :eek: Yes, details!!!!!! :p

liketom
Dec 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
here's mine

Clydefrog
Dec 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
not the greatest pic(isight)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Clid/Photo3.jpg

z00y0rk
Dec 27, 2006, 05:49 PM
Oi! your picture is backwards!
Mine'z
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/335649313_9d5ca790ce.jpg

jordygreen
Dec 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
Mine with my XBOX 360 plugged in it at the moment i think im playing Call of Duty at that point, i just swap VGA and audio cables :)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/jordy-green/261206.png

z00y0rk
Dec 27, 2006, 07:58 PM
Mine with my XBOX 360 plugged in it at the moment i think im playing Call of Duty at that point, i just swap VGA and audio cables :)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/jordy-green/261206.png

how do you have that plugged into your computer?

jordygreen
Dec 28, 2006, 08:32 AM
how do you have that plugged into your computer?

Well its not in my computer as such its into my monitor i just use a vga hd cable for the xbox plug that into my monitor unplug the 3 audio wires for my 5.1 and plug them into a converter which turns the 2 red and white audio cables holes from teh vga cable making it so i can plug in the beige black and green audio wires from my speakers.

CHAOS STEP
Dec 31, 2006, 11:23 AM
Ok, here's a very hurridly pic taken today, mid clean up / clear out of stuff.

Bad Quality, as the picture was taken via my RAZR.

Ok, so now can anyone guess what all the gaming hardware is in there?

Special props to anyone who can guess the lot, some is easy, some is not so and one particular piece will be nigh on impossible i think.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/CHAOS_STEP/tvunitmidcleanup.jpg

mattcube64
Dec 31, 2006, 01:13 PM
I just cleaned up a little bit, so there aren't any huge updates or anything. However, with new pics, comes a new post:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/mattcube64/IM002817_2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/mattcube64/IM002818_2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/mattcube64/IM002822.jpg

And when friends come over, and we need more room than my 10*11 bedroom can provide...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/mattcube64/IM002817.jpg

DISCOMUNICATION
Dec 31, 2006, 01:55 PM

Love the Saturn. Where's your Dreamcast? What's that thing on top of the PS2?

Is that a CPS2 arcade board at the top? Since it's green I assume it's a japanese version. if it where the US or Euro version it would be blue.
http://www.system16.com/boards/cps2.gif

Are all of your games and systems from japan?

Edit: Cheated and looked at your profile. Is that the corner of a NEO-GEO AES under the photo in the upper left hand corner? Sorry can't make out what those 2 black boxes that are next to the CPS2. Hard to tell because of picture quality.

CHAOS STEP
Dec 31, 2006, 05:16 PM
Love the Saturn. Where's your Dreamcast? What's that thing on top of the PS2?

Is that a CPS2 arcade board at the top? Since it's green I assume it's a japanese version. if it where the US or Euro version it would be blue.
http://www.system16.com/boards/cps2.gif

Are all of your games and systems from japan?

Edit: Cheated and looked at your profile. Is that the corner of a NEO-GEO AES under the photo in the upper left hand corner? Sorry can't make out what those 2 black boxes that are next to the CPS2. Hard to tell because of picture quality.

Nice Spotting, sorry about the picture quality.

Also, it would be impossible to tell as to what was in the black box folders as there is no clue from that angle (there is game art on the tops), anyway they contain the arcade pcb's for Battle Bakraid, Armed Police Batrider and also temporarily for Ketsui (original full Kit box and art set are stored out of harm's way)

Yes you are correct the CPS2 board is Japanese and the game is Progear no Arashi, again you couldn't tell what it would be, although there are various pics of this and the other pcb's on Photobucket.

Most of my consoles are pretty much Japanese Imports as some of the games that I like (mainly shmups and other 2d stuff) only came out over there, I do have a few Euro consoles (N64, Jaguar, Snes and Xbox1) although they are pretty much out of my current set up (360 is asian as I wanted to play Senko No Ronde).

Out of that picture, but still in active use are my JPN Neo Geo (a BIOS modded version (a 'spare' one is also stored with original box etc)) My collection of Cartridge games are out of site but displayed on a covered shelf and or in a cuboard.

My JPN Dreamcast is also out of sight, but still gets used honest! as can be seen (almost) by some games stacked on the small upper shelf. Again I also have a spare, boxed console :)

The Saturn is a JPN only Victor Saturn which I got to play the likes of Silvergun and Battle Garegga.

The console sitting on the PS2 is a Pc Engine Duo RX, which I feel has one of the best gaming libraries of any console - current Wii owners playing the Hudson back catalogue would probably agree. I still think it has the best Castlevania game (Dracula X) and again a myriad of cracking Shmups and platformers.

Most of this little lot feeds into my Wall mounted Sharp Aquos, which also rotates through 90 degrees so that my shooters can be enjoyed TATE (Portrait style) as many of them were intended.

I try and play most of my stuff as much as I can, although I many other consoles have had to be stored away due to new arrivals, especially my import handheld console collection.

blakespot
Dec 31, 2006, 11:58 PM
http://pix.blakespot.com/download/5233-2/IMG_9122.JPG

My XBOX 360 setup (and others). Just got the XBOX this past week, and the HD DVD drive today. Looks amazing on the 50" Plasma (http://pix.blakespot.com/view/computers/consoles/xbox_360/IMG_9102.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1).

See full gallery here:

http://pix.blakespot.com/view/computers/consoles/xbox_360/

blakespot

blakespot
Jan 1, 2007, 05:38 AM

Xbox 360+2405+iMac=Love.
-clip-
You might want to put some distance between your iBook and that subwoofer's massive driver magnet...

blakespot

Markleshark
Jan 1, 2007, 05:51 AM
I think my 360 has decided its faulty! :(

Keep getting freezes and these strange coloured blocks on the screen. Oh well, take it to work 2mora and replace it, not to worry. Annoying tho, only started recently, been fine for, ohhhh 8 months.

Clydefrog
Jan 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
blakespot wow im jealous of your pioneer plasma:eek:

stagecustom
Jan 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
I think my 360 has decided its faulty! :(

Keep getting freezes and these strange coloured blocks on the screen. Oh well, take it to work 2mora and replace it, not to worry. Annoying tho, only started recently, been fine for, ohhhh 8 months.

same thing just happened to MINE!!! pretty brutal. it was fine earlier this month... just started freezing now its toast. getting it replaced with Microsoft. no charge but a 2 week turn around.

sycho
Jan 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
You might want to put some distance between your iBook and that subwoofer's massive driver magnet...

blakespot

It will be fine. the magnets in the hard drive are much more powerful then that subwoofer.

arcsbite
Jan 1, 2007, 10:13 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/341877624_af7501e51c_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/341877784_848dad26f3_o.jpg
more info here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56614718@N00/

Markleshark
Jan 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
same thing just happened to MINE!!! pretty brutal. it was fine earlier this month... just started freezing now its toast. getting it replaced with Microsoft. no charge but a 2 week turn around.

Yup, PITA. But, got mine exchanged today, so no worries.

But anyway, mine:

http://www.osxtiger.com/pictures/360.jpg

I want a new TV. But I have no where to put it. :(

pjarvi
Jan 2, 2007, 06:12 PM
Got a new shelf, and the HD-DVD drive. The vertical game rack has been replaced with 2 more Atlantic Pagodas, and I dusted everything off:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/pjarvi/100_0087.jpg

AaronE
Jan 3, 2007, 01:53 AM
I posted this in 18 & Under but I thought I'd post it here too.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3312/1022046kc1.jpg

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/7686/1022047ta9.jpg

ChrisBrightwell
Jan 3, 2007, 02:54 AM
You might want to put some distance between your iBook and that subwoofer's massive driver magnet...Most computer speakers these days are magnetically shielded, so there's no problem with the iBook propped up on the sub.

ChrisBrightwell
Jan 3, 2007, 02:55 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/mattcube64/IM002822.jpgI need a copy of Halo 2. Care to share? :)

IanC
Jan 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/352920753_8eb57fe5b2.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/ianc14/352920753/)

Slight update to mine, got a Viva Pinata faceplate. The only one ive ever been tempted to get, i love the game that much :)

Markleshark
Jan 10, 2007, 11:44 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/352920753_8eb57fe5b2.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/ianc14/352920753/)

Slight update to mine, got a Viva Pinata faceplate. The only one ive ever been tempted to get, i love the game that much :)

Best. Faceplate. Evar.

mbopy22
Jan 10, 2007, 01:26 PM
Slight update to mine, got a Viva Pinata faceplate. The only one ive ever been tempted to get, i love the game that much

Best. Faceplate. Evar.

WTF:eek: Are u guys serious??? :confused:

mattcube64

Why you need/have soo many Halo 2??? :confused: :confused:

BTW I bought/ordered my 360 last week :D with NFS Most wanted and Splinter Cell Double Agent, I've never plaid any Xbox game before, the last console I had was a Ps2... :p

I'll post pictures once I get my 360.. :D

stagecustom
Jan 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
WTF
BTW I bought/ordered my 360 last week :D with NFS Most wanted

Thats the first game i got for mine, a year ago, i really enjoyed that game. WELL worth it. cheers.

gadgetgirl85
Jan 10, 2007, 02:16 PM

:eek: I love that game! Only problem is I"m stuck on level 44 :(

Markleshark
Jan 11, 2007, 12:06 PM
WTF:eek: Are u guys serious??? :confused:

NFS Most wanted

WTF:eek: Are u serious??? :confused:

the kid 05
Jan 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
Edit: sorry for the huge pics guys/gals

TV- 27" Olevia LCD- HD up to 1080i
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/169/tvpf8.jpg

Sub for my Bose® CineMate™ system
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5098/subei1.jpg
Speakers for the System
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/829/im000363ie2uq6.jpg

Xbox (yeah i know its a core so what? i got the very last one)
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/457/xboxcoreyn7.jpg

Steering Wheel :( no wireless nor force feed back but it was a gift :)
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2334/steeringwheeldg4.jpg

Games (had to use cell phone for pics couldn't find Digital, and yes they are alphabetized)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2378/unknownod0.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7750/unknown1dr3.jpg

Sammis89
Jan 13, 2007, 02:50 PM
Pictures that are Way to Big for My Screen

Please resize those pics... it makes the page load time really long and I can't see the awesomess of your setup!

Killyp
Jan 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
Please resize those pics... it makes the page load time really long and I can't see the awesomess of your setup!

Ditto. Took about 3/4 minutes for the whole page to load over 512k broadband. Plus, despite being on a 1440x900 screen, I couldn't see more than 30% of the picture at a time... :rolleyes:

mattcube64
Jan 13, 2007, 07:21 PM
I know I've been posting quite a few pics recently throughout the different threads, but I'm just really happy with my setup (been moving things around for about six months, and have bought quite a bit in the last two...). So, I just cleaned up a bit, and took a few more snapshots to share :p

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/356364682_dd4ee20162_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/356364680_25f9f1ac3f_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/356364683_ee7d98f2f6_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/356364690_0de8100025_b.jpg

Maybe I should invest in a new camera. :o

jordygreen
Jan 13, 2007, 08:07 PM
I couldnt deal with having all those consoles i like just one the 360 and the PS3 looks nice but i dont like the games. And that screen is huge.

the kid 05
Jan 13, 2007, 09:36 PM

Ditto. Took about 3/4 minutes for the whole page to load over 512k broadband. Plus, despite being on a 1440x900 screen, I couldn't see more than 30% of the picture at a time... :rolleyes:

sorry every body, i fixed them :o

Sammis89
Jan 13, 2007, 10:24 PM
sorry every body, i fixed them :o

Thanks...:)

Sutekidane
Jan 13, 2007, 10:30 PM
Ok, here's a very hurridly pic taken today, mid clean up / clear out of stuff.

Bad Quality, as the picture was taken via my RAZR.

Ok, so now can anyone guess what all the gaming hardware is in there?

Special props to anyone who can guess the lot, some is easy, some is not so and one particular piece will be nigh on impossible i think.

Well, I see a japanese sega saturn.

tektonnic
Jan 16, 2007, 12:32 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/359656316_466eb83efc_o.jpg

nothing spectacular compared to you guys but I like it.

the kid 05
Jan 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/359656316_466eb83efc_o.jpg

nothing spectacular compared to you guys but I like it.

ohhh your so funny, that tv is amazing, i love your stand, i need to get one, my uhh "tv/night stand" isn't exactly what i would like to have a 1000 tv, and soon 2 500$ piece of electronics on.

Afro1989
Jan 16, 2007, 03:48 PM
I guess I'll post this here too.

40" Samsung HDTV (LN-S4052D), 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound w/ In-wall speakers, Xbox 360, Wii, Mac Mini, 23" Samsung HDTV (LN-S2352W). The 40" looks a lot bigger in person. :o

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7532/afro1989oneaj4.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2738/afro19892cp3.jpg

nickster9224
Jan 17, 2007, 05:54 PM
Everyones setups are soo awesome and afro that display belongs w/ your mac.

Mohinder
Jan 28, 2007, 09:20 PM
beautiful things

:eek:

It's so pretty! All of it!

Afro1989
Jan 28, 2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks man. :cool:

kasei
Jan 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
I wish mine was back from repairs. It was only out of the box for a week!

AndyR
Feb 27, 2007, 01:59 AM
Here's mine...
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/monopot/DSC03844.jpg

2nyRiggz
Feb 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
^Cool...is that a 27".....it looks really good.

Bless

xfiftyfour
May 24, 2007, 12:40 AM
80-inches.. *yum*

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/227/511634802_f703120e9e_o.jpg

The 360 looks much better on this than the Wii did, that's for sure. :p

AndyR
May 24, 2007, 01:16 PM
^Cool...is that a 27".....it looks really good

Bless

Nope 37"

jaydon34
May 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
I am guessing he isn't talking about the HDTV. If he is... my God! :eek: Yes, details!!!!!! :p

I was referring to the Tv. My friend got it for me I asked no questions.

jknight8907
May 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure mine will take the cake......if we're talking worst setups!

I just moved into this place, and the TV was already there (which is good, because I don't own one).
Ancient Sylvania TV which I had to order a remote for, because you can't access the front inputs without the remote. Also a last-gen Bose Wave (my poor excuse for a sound system, and check out it's stylish stand). And a Asus laptop (nice for a windows job). And the alternative entertainment system, the Alvarez guitar.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/jknight8907/IMG_2132.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/jknight8907/IMG_2129.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/jknight8907/IMG_2130.jpg

I need to build some storage shelves for this place...they can't be permanent though so it'll have to be more of a table than actual shelves....bookcase-ish. Any ideas where I should put them? (Under the windows, between the closets, or where the guitar is?)

Mike Teezie
May 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
Diesel - beautiful tv, beautiful installation. I love it.

Here's my little setup:

http://mnjordan.com/images/misc/mr/360setup.jpg

The Forza 2 demo rekindled my intense love for all things racing, so I'm getting the Xbox racing wheel this week. I can't wait for that sucker to come in!

*other nerd gear not pictured: Gamecube, original Xbox, and Dreamcast.

PkennethV
May 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/jknight8907/IMG_2130.jpg

Completely of subject (I only have a Wii...) but you have the *exact* same door/doornob and closet doors as I do.

fenixx
Jun 8, 2007, 07:25 PM
Diesel - beautiful tv, beautiful installation. I love it.

Here's my little setup:

awesome stand... where from?

LordIGR
Jun 8, 2007, 09:48 PM
Here's mine...

is Airton Senna in the picture of left side?
if yes, you have a good teast of idols.
Congratulations.

wwooden
Jun 9, 2007, 06:40 AM
Great thing about getting my own place (with my girlfriend) is I can finally pick and choose every piece of furniture and how it all goes together. We just moved into our new apartment 2 weeks ago so I am still working on the setup.

I have everything I want/need as far as electronics go, I do plan on getting some pictures and window treatments soon, the place is very white! I also need to figure out a way to hide the speaker wires, I can't really run them through the wall because I am renting the place.

2nyRiggz
Jun 9, 2007, 02:39 PM
^I like it....whats the TV brand? AKAI 27" or Vizso? My HDTV is used for everything including computing..Just got my 360 in from repair...post pics later.

Bless

Coogi21
Jun 9, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hi this is my setup
http://img3.myimg.de/IMG0412b26_thumb.jpg (http://www.myimg.de/?img=IMG0412b26.jpg)
http://img3.myimg.de/IMG0420d33_thumb.jpg (http://www.myimg.de/?img=IMG0420d33.jpg)
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6944/img0413lc6.th.jpg (http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0413lc6.jpg)

wwooden
Jun 10, 2007, 07:50 AM
My God!! I didn't realize how big those stand alone HD-DVD players were, that is huge! It dwarfs the 360. Any reason why you choose that over getting the 360 HD-DVD attachment? Just curious.

My TV is a Vizio 42" Plasma. Definitely not the best out there, it loses a lot of detail in the darks. But it does the job for now and I didn't go out and spend an arm $ leg for it. I had enough stuff to buy for my new place and I didn't want to spend a couple grand on a new tv as well. Probably in the next couple of years I will upgrade to a 1080p and move that to the bedroom, but for now it works fine.

Coogi21
Jun 10, 2007, 09:52 AM
well since its the first edition that came out of the toshiba hd dvd player series i bought it right away when it came out.so at that time i didn't knew that there is a xbox360 add on player is coming.thats the main reason,but iam happy with it and the quality blows me away everytime!:)

shortys408
Jun 10, 2007, 01:35 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8333/dsc01094kr4.jpg

cornerdealy
Jun 10, 2007, 01:42 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1140/525223207_e10d93305e.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/525223265_b0b56acfff.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/525223309_62456cdb91.jpg

View the full sizes at my Flickr Page (http://flickr.com/photos/84522172@N00/)

PkennethV
Jun 10, 2007, 01:43 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8333/dsc01094kr4.jpg

wow. why do do you have 2 360s?

shortys408
Jun 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
one of the 360s is modded and banned from xbox live. the other is not.

Mike Teezie
Jun 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
awesome stand... where from?

Thanks! My dad and I built it - he owns a custom furniture business.

IanC
Sep 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
We got a HDTV a couple of days ago - so i moved my Xbox 360 downstairs :) Connected via VGA so i i can keep Component free in case i ever want to bring my Wii downstairs

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5299/1004230hj4.th.jpg (http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1004230hj4.jpg)
Looks very nice in HD once i figured out some minor problems i was having with the TV and the cable (tuned out i had to manually set the TV to the same resolution i set the 360)

grundgedanke
Oct 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
First of all, sorry for the real bad image quality, but I have no cam at the mo, so I had to use my MacBook. This is my brand new 42" Amoi LCD Display which fits great to my XBox 360. Now Halo 3 and PGR are much more fun. Not to speak of the forthcoming Assasins Credd, Mass Effect, Lost Odysee etc. etc. etc. :)

pjarvi
Dec 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
Skinned my Wii with a skulls theme from DecalGirl.com (http://www.decalgirl.com), and my HD-DVD drive with some Gundam skin (IIRC).

ichii
Dec 17, 2007, 09:02 AM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3418/dsc02035nu8.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02035nu8.jpg) It was getting too hot :D

skuzzy
Dec 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
wow. why do do you have 2 360s?

I was going to say SLI, but seeing as 360s use ATI...

acxz
Dec 18, 2007, 12:22 PM

Crossfire :P

Schnebar
Dec 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
And yes that is the RRoD.

Just got it last night.

This is the 3rd 360 that I have gotten it with.

:(

Jasonbot
Dec 18, 2007, 12:25 PM

Crossfire?

Dagless
Dec 18, 2007, 12:36 PM

Crossfire!

Jasonbot
Dec 18, 2007, 12:57 PM
Crossfire!

Thats what I said, beat u:p

CP1091
Dec 19, 2007, 09:31 PM
*drools* :eek:

acxz
Dec 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
Thats what I said, beat u:p

Umm, see post #215

Jasonbot
Dec 24, 2007, 08:19 AM
Umm, see post #215

D'oh!

Martin C
Dec 24, 2007, 10:25 PM
And yes that is the RRoD.

Just got it last night.

This is the 3rd 360 that I have gotten it with.

Maybe your 360s are begging for an HDTV? :p

sycho
Dec 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
Maybe your 360s are begging for an HDTV? :p

That is an HDTV :rolleyes:. I have the exact same TV, with a 360 as well, it will look better then most other TV's on the market. Image quality wise, CRT is still king and the 30HS420 is one killer set.

tidytrev
May 6, 2008, 11:02 AM
rears are boxed as i have no room at the min
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9779/dscf0379jm8.jpg
By tidytrevor (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/tidytrevor), shot with FinePix S5700 S700 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=FinePix+S5700+S700&make=FUJIFILM) at 2008-05-06

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8684/dscf0394me5.jpg
By tidytrevor (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/tidytrevor), shot with FinePix S5700 S700 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=FinePix+S5700+S700&make=FUJIFILM) at 2008-05-06

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4010/dscf0384rg5.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1388/dscf0402bi4.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9408/dscf0391yv1.jpg

Mord
May 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
rears are boxed as i have no room at the min
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6497/dscf0394gv8.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5/dscf0402zs1.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6461/dscf0391se0.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7424/dscf0384yy5.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/476/dscf0379bc4.jpg

FAIL

tidytrev
May 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
FAIL

should work now ;)

Dagless
May 6, 2008, 12:07 PM
Edit: working!

What is that monkey character? Keep seeing it on shirts! Hate missing out on pop references :(

cornerdealy
May 6, 2008, 12:10 PM
should work now ;)

looks great, but move that giant center speaker somewhere else, it seems so in the way.

tidytrev
May 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
Edit: working!

What is that monkey character? Keep seeing it on shirts! Hate missing out on pop references :(
its a clothing brand called paul frank, that used to be a t-shirt but it was too small so got my mum to convert it to a pillow lol

tidytrev
May 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
looks great, but move that giant center speaker somewhere else, it seems so in the way.

its actually ok, when im sitting down its the exact same height upto where the screen starts.
i view most of my films at night with the lights out anywho so the all speakers dissapear with them being black :D
where would i put it anyway lol its a centre speaker, hence the centralisation

Dagless
May 6, 2008, 12:32 PM
I'd post a pic of my 360 setup but it's in my bros room. I've not had my jabs yet so I'll wait.

UMHurricanes34
May 6, 2008, 12:52 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/2431800125_9830846211_b.jpg

diotav
May 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2312/2465004308_26acf2aacd_o.jpg

l3lack J4ck
May 6, 2008, 10:13 PM
heres my modded 360. im trying to sell it so i can do another college themed box for myself going to Texas A&M next year :)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/360sidelight.jpg
side view of xbox through window

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/360xboxharmony.jpg
xbox1 and my xbox 360 on top of each other

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/DSC01112.jpg
controller to match, yes i know its dusty :p

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/360glow.jpg
the led lights when lights are off

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/DSC01113.jpg
kind of blurry ROL of the controller

thecheda
May 7, 2008, 06:19 PM
To: diotav

Wow. Spoiled much?

Lol. Nice setup.

steelphantom
May 7, 2008, 07:26 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/l3lackJ4ck/xbox%20360/DSC01112.jpg
controller to match, yes i know its dusty :p

Did you use the old Xbox analog sticks and d-pad? They don't look like the ones from the 360. Also, did you mod both of those consoles yourself? The 360 looks way better than the original Xbox.

supercooled
May 7, 2008, 09:43 PM
This is really beautiful. How did you achieve this? What is the bulb's wattage? Halogen?

UMHurricanes34
May 8, 2008, 06:35 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2312/2465004308_26acf2aacd_o.jpg

What kind of remote is that? Is that the standard Samsung remote or a Harmony?

diotav
May 8, 2008, 07:42 AM
What kind of remote is that? Is that the standard Samsung remote or a Harmony?No, it's the Philips SRU 9600 .. :)

anim8or
May 8, 2008, 07:57 AM
Here's mine...

Strange question for you....

How many dvds can you fir in the drawer in the front of that unit.... im thinking of buying one myself!!

supercooled
May 8, 2008, 08:01 AM
Strange question for you....

How many dvds can you fir in the drawer in the front of that unit.... im thinking of buying one myself!!

Get yourself one of those carrying case that hold CDs in sleeves. I have one that holds 200 but then you have to think about how to store the jewel case themselves. Personally, I would throw them in the garage or to the land fill all together.

l3lack J4ck
May 8, 2008, 02:48 PM
Did you use the old Xbox analog sticks and d-pad? They don't look like the ones from the 360. Also, did you mod both of those consoles yourself? The 360 looks way better than the original Xbox.

yes, those sticks and dpad are from the original xbox i swapped them out. I never liked the 360 ones. Yes i did mod both myself. The reason the xbox1 looks so "rough" is because i modded it w/ a 250gb hdd and paint etc. about 4 years ago so its been around the block a lot.

Yeah i did the 360 about 8 months ago, and i really like it , but i want to do a Texas A&M University box since im going there next year. So if anyone wants to just switch cases and plus like 50 bucks (obo lol) i'd trade w/ you. Or just switch entire consoles give or take a little bit of money i'd do that as well :p

arcsbite
May 8, 2008, 04:11 PM
This is really beautiful. How did you achieve this? What is the bulb's wattage? Halogen?

bloody hell that's an old pic lol.

it was an old desk lamp I have from ikea, it's a halogen bulb (says 11watt max if that helps)
it's just tilted behind the monitor, I until it so I can see documents on my desk.

http://tinyurl.com/6zxw88

TomsMacBook
May 19, 2008, 05:45 AM
Hoping to get the 38" HDTV out of the front room when my parent's buy a new telly.

This works for now, though. Does GTA:IV no justice at all, though :(

http://i30.tinypic.com/x0px5v.jpg

Kankki
May 19, 2008, 08:15 AM
Too bad I prefer PS3 and Wii 100 times over the 360.

vohdoun
May 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2220/2431800125_9830846211_b.jpg

Thats a cracking TV! Is that 52 inch? Picture quality looks so clear and vibrant.

Nice paint job, l3lack J4ck.

Metal425
May 19, 2008, 11:11 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/bodom425/IMG_4202.jpg
Sorry it's out of focus.

Antimatter
May 20, 2008, 09:44 AM
Too bad I prefer PS3 and Wii 100 times over the 360.

Good for you! Now aren't you glad you posted that instead of holding it on the inside where it belongs?

We don't care about your opinion! No need to post it!

cplusON3R
May 20, 2008, 12:19 PM
CRT is still king and the 30HS420 is one killer set.

killer on your back maybe.

with proper calibration any display will look 'killer'. Also.. with traditional tube sets the highest they'll go is 34". (16:9)

These are old pics but you get the idea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/cplusDJD/DSC00971.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/cplusDJD/DSC00973.jpg

Video

Samsung HL-P4663W display
Pioneer DV-563A dvd player
Sharp VC-H952 4 head hi-fi VCR
Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver

Audio

Yamaha RXV2095 reciever
Kenwood CD 206 5 disc cd player
Sony MDS-JE520 mini disc player
JVC TD-W245 dual cassette player