PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcut for a service not working all of the sudden

ideal.dreams
Sep 4, 2013, 10:31 PM
I have a protected disk image on my SSD. I access it by using a service I made in Automator. I assigned a keyboard shortcut to it, CTRL+ALT+CMD+L which is supposed to open the disk image.

Out of nowhere, the keyboard shortcut stopped working. Every time I use the combination nothing happens. If I go to the <Application> > Services menu and click the service manually, it opens just fine.

Anyone know why the keyboard shortcut stopped working out of nowhere?

Partron22
Sep 5, 2013, 12:48 PM
Try resetting the shortcut keys in Keyboard System prefs.
I've occasionally had problems as you describe, and nudging the prefs has fixed it for me.

ideal.dreams
Sep 5, 2013, 01:30 PM
Try resetting the shortcut keys in Keyboard System prefs.
I've occasionally had problems as you describe, and nudging the prefs has fixed it for me.

I don't have an option to restore defaults under the application shortcuts area.

ideal.dreams
Sep 28, 2013, 12:40 AM
If I change the keyboard shortcut for the service it seems to work fine. I don't know why it's stopped working all of the sudden...I've used "CMD+ALT+CTRL+L" for a couple of years with no issue and then bam, one day it doesn't respond to that key combination anymore.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the shortcut, renaming the service, etc, and nothing seems to be working. Anyone know what the problem might be?

ideal.dreams
Nov 29, 2013, 11:16 PM
It's been 2 months since I posted this thread and I still have not been able to find an answer as to why a keyboard shortcut stopped working for no apparent reason. I've tried resetting the shortcuts back to default. Nothing I try seems to fix it.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue I'd appreciate it!