Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I have a protected disk image on my SSD. I access it by using a service I made in Automator. I assigned a keyboard shortcut to it, CTRL+ALT+CMD+L which is supposed to open the disk image.

Out of nowhere, the keyboard shortcut stopped working. Every time I use the combination nothing happens. If I go to the <Application> > Services menu and click the service manually, it opens just fine.

Anyone know why the keyboard shortcut stopped working out of nowhere?

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Try resetting the shortcut keys in Keyboard System prefs.
I've occasionally had problems as you describe, and nudging the prefs has fixed it for me.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Try resetting the shortcut keys in Keyboard System prefs.
I've occasionally had problems as you describe, and nudging the prefs has fixed it for me.

I don't have an option to restore defaults under the application shortcuts area.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
If I change the keyboard shortcut for the service it seems to work fine. I don't know why it's stopped working all of the sudden...I've used "CMD+ALT+CTRL+L" for a couple of years with no issue and then bam, one day it doesn't respond to that key combination anymore.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the shortcut, renaming the service, etc, and nothing seems to be working. Anyone know what the problem might be?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
It's been 2 months since I posted this thread and I still have not been able to find an answer as to why a keyboard shortcut stopped working for no apparent reason. I've tried resetting the shortcuts back to default. Nothing I try seems to fix it.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue I'd appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.