Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
I notice the Note 3 has the 'Best Shot' camera feature like the S4. I'm wondering though by default if you use the camera if that feature is always on. I'm worried about having to go into the Camera app, then selecting 'Best Shot', and ultimately missing the shot.

The Sony Xperia Z1 starts capturing as soon as you go into the camera app so it greatly increases the odds of getting the right moment.

Thanks in advance!

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I am pretty sure Galaxy note 3 and S4 share the same exact cameras.

Just like Galaxy note 1/S2 shared same camera and Galaxy note 2/S3 shared same cameras.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I am pretty sure Galaxy note 3 and S4 share the same exact cameras.

Just like Galaxy note 1/S2 shared same camera and Galaxy note 2/S3 shared same cameras.

I hope 4.3 brings the 4K recording to the S4 otherwise both cameras are indeed identical.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
what can you do with 4K at this point?

actually, you are basically future proofing your footage, so far everyone seems to be laughing this off as a gimmick, though I have not seen anyone make this argument:

By shooting in 4k you can bring it into an editing program like Premiere, FCP or some other editor, edit your video and export for 1080p and in the future when 4K displays become standard, you could always go back to the original 4k footage in the editor and export at that size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.