PDA

View Full Version : FS: xbox 360 Core System

im_to_hyper
Nov 22, 2005, 10:55 PM
Hey there -- I just bought the last Xbox system anywhere in Central Wisconsin today! (W00t :rolleyes: )

Anyway, it was kinda a spontaneous purchase. I played some songs from my iPod, played a game, then put it back in the package.

$580, shipped gets it. Resell it on Ebay and get up to $1100 (see below) -- I just don't have the time to list on Ebay.

OR: Willing to trade for iMac G5 Rev A/iMac G4 Latest Rev OR G4 PowerBook.

EDIT: SOLD!

ReanimationLP
Nov 22, 2005, 11:04 PM
eBay it. You'll probably make upwards of 400-500. o.O

I'm personally waiting until I can get a Premium at 400. Probably looking at my 17th bday.

GFLPraxis
Nov 22, 2005, 11:04 PM
Sell it on eBay. I just saw a premium go for $2200. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8236128364)

Here's a Core at $1,100 with 30 minutes left and 46 bidders fighting over it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Core-Edition-Game-Console_W0QQitemZ8236189448QQcategoryZ62054QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Otherwise, I'd make an offer so I can sell it on eBay myself :D

im_to_hyper
Nov 22, 2005, 11:33 PM
Holy ************************** (<--- insert like 8 explitives here)

I may be selling it on Ebay, otherwise $580 here gets it! I will even include an extra controller! :D

mulletman13
Nov 22, 2005, 11:45 PM
Hey there,

I'm interested in the system.... do you have any references?

If so, or if you've done anything on this forum I'll totally take it... I just don't want to get screwed over on a large purchase like this :(

Thanks!

MovieCutter
Nov 22, 2005, 11:48 PM
I'll take it if it's still available...and I'm in Milwaukee as well. Let me know...thanks.

iZach
Nov 22, 2005, 11:53 PM
i have dealt with imtohyper several times
HIGHLY recommended, very fast shipper, good packager, very friendly, i talk to him on messenger some times now since the deals we made, he is a great person to deal with!

mulletman13
Nov 22, 2005, 11:55 PM
Awesome, glad he has some feedback here!

If this thread counts as a 'line' of sorts, I'll take it-- I just wanted to verify you had some past experiences.

Thanks a lot iZach!

MovieCutter
Nov 23, 2005, 12:01 AM
If you want to get technical...I grabbed it while you were thinking about it...but either way, I'll opt out...I just picked up a Premium for $500.

mulletman13
Nov 23, 2005, 12:01 AM
Premium for $500? Nice snag... mind if I ask you where you found it? :-)

MovieCutter
Nov 23, 2005, 12:04 AM
My best friend just called and said he got two this morning...so he's forgoing eBay so I can have my XBOX goodness and still making a bit of a profit...weird timing actually. He's been playing Call of Duty all day...:rolleyes:

t300
Nov 23, 2005, 01:12 AM
I'll offer you a Powerbook G4 for it...PM sent!

deermatt
Nov 23, 2005, 01:21 AM
thats a great deal , i dont get why everyone on here is like sell it on ebay sell it on ebay for alot more ! he chose to list it on here at that price , let me give us the deal and if no one wants it , then ebay. Im gonna wait a few months to get one for the prices to go down or buy used

im_to_hyper
Nov 23, 2005, 06:29 AM
Yep, I have been PMing people... I got your PM about the PowerBook, t300, and boy, I really am considering that, too. Do you have any pictures of the damage you mentioned?

ITASOR
Nov 23, 2005, 09:47 AM
Hey there,

I'm interested in the system.... do you have any references?

If so, or if you've done anything on this forum I'll totally take it... I just don't want to get screwed over on a large purchase like this :(

Thanks!

I've dealt with im_to_hyper as well and he's a GREAT guy to deal with. No worries about dealing with him, he's awesome.

mulletman13
Nov 23, 2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks everybody that has spoken up about the great transactions with im_to_hyper, I sent him payment a couple hours ago :)

im_to_hyper
Nov 23, 2005, 11:50 AM
Yup, payment sent. This is no longer available. Oh, thanks to everyone who complemented me :D

im_to_hyper
Dec 6, 2005, 03:50 PM
I would like to publicy appologize to mulletman13 for not yet recieving the Xbox... I sent it out a few days after he sent payment and recieved a call yesterday from someone in Florida. They mentioned to me that the Xbox was nice, but they were really hoping for two controllers for a regular Xbox. They never opened or played with it and said they were shipping it back to me either today or tommorow.

I will get it out once I recieve it. I asked if they would ship directly to you, and they said no, since they didn't want to be held responsible if it never showed up.

Since I try to be honest with everything that happens, I decided to admit my mistake to everyone here. I guess I got carried away when I saw "xbox" in an email and just shipped to that address.

Just so everyone knows, if are going to be buying something, just don't send a payment, let me know here, too.

wnameth
Dec 6, 2005, 03:56 PM
I would like to publicy appologize to mulletman13 for not yet recieving the Xbox... I sent it out a few days after he sent payment and recieved a call yesterday from someone in Florida. They mentioned to me that the Xbox was nice, but they were really hoping for two controllers for a regular Xbox. They never opened or played with it and said they were shipping it back to me either today or tommorow.

I will get it out once I recieve it. I asked if they would ship directly to you, and they said no, since they didn't want to be held responsible if it never showed up.

Since I try to be honest with everything that happens, I decided to admit my mistake to everyone here. I guess I got carried away when I saw "xbox" in an email and just shipped to that address.

Just so everyone knows, if are going to be buying something, just don't send a payment, let me know here, too.
so you received another offer from someone else on this site? and you shipped it to them, causing the original buyer to not receive anything

magid
Dec 6, 2005, 04:36 PM
He was probably selling some regular xbox controllers to someone else and just messed up the address with the 360 he was selling.

im_to_hyper
Dec 6, 2005, 08:30 PM
so you received another offer from someone else on this site? and you shipped it to them, causing the original buyer to not receive anything

Uh, dude. Let's read the appology. Someone randomly sent me a payment and called it Xbox. They then sent an e-mail with the title "xbox" and gave a shipping address. It was a name similar to mulletman's. All this person wanted where two controllers. They were surprised when they discovered a 360 for $20. They called me since they are honest people and know it was a mistake. And since I am honest as well I needed to let the board know what's going on since I feel so bad for not sending it to the right place.

It WILL go the buyer. It was a shipping error, not a jackass error.

ghostee
Dec 6, 2005, 09:01 PM
All this person wanted where two controllers. They were surprised when they discovered a 360 for $20. They called me since they are honest people and know it was a mistake.

Nice to know there are still honest people in the world.

TodVader
Dec 6, 2005, 10:36 PM
wow, you are lucky those are honest people. I hope you thanked them.

im_to_hyper
Dec 6, 2005, 10:42 PM
wow, you are lucky those are honest people. I hope you thanked them.

Thank them? I gave them $50 to cover shipping and the hassle of going out. Took away from my Xbox money, but still.

mulletman13
Dec 7, 2005, 01:24 AM
Hey man,

I completely understand, so no problems. A year ago I sent out Office v. X to somebody that was supposed to recieve a $20 xbox game -- but unfortunately they kept it and didn't say anything to me again. But anyways I totally understand that mistakes happen, and I am very glad that the people sent it back to you ... otherwise I dont know what sortof shape I'd have been in.

Thanks for the apology, take your time to get it out.

- Ken

mulletman13
Dec 16, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hrmm... still absolutely nothing... no emails or notifications.... hope nothing is wrong :-|

Should I be as worried as I am?

mrzeve
Dec 16, 2005, 07:33 PM
Hrmm... still absolutely nothing... no emails or notifications.... hope nothing is wrong :-|

Should I be as worried as I am?

I think its time you contact the Mods.

ITASOR
Dec 16, 2005, 07:39 PM
I dealt with him, and I know a few other people who have and everything went smooth and we chatted a lot.

Maybe something came up or something? I wouldn't be too worried.

mulletman13
Dec 16, 2005, 08:12 PM
Yeaa, that's the thing that gets me, is I totally believe him, and I do believe he is sincere and credible... I just hope USPS or whatever didn't mess something up?

Atlasland
Dec 17, 2005, 07:10 AM
If its his original screw up, then its up to him to keep you notified every step of the way.

Even if he's not ripping you off, its still bad manners.

I'm always suspicious why people sell stuff like that here, when they know they could make twice as much on eBay.

mulletman13
Dec 19, 2005, 01:11 PM
I totally believe him that he shipped it out to me (theres absolutely no reason for him to lie about it), and I'm pretty sure it's just been totally bad luck.

I'm willing to split the losses with him if he's up for it... since this was a sortof time sensitive sale, and these are starting to appear in stores, is it wrong of me to ask for a partial refund?

*sigh

Thanks for the input,

Ken

mrzeve
Dec 19, 2005, 02:57 PM
is it wrong of me to ask for a partial refund?

No, I dont believe so.

While I sincerely sympathize with the seller, this was not a mistake on your behalf and you should not be held responsbile or penalized. Splitting the cost between you two is the decent thing to do on your behalf, but if I was the seller I would refund you in full.

poolin1243
Dec 19, 2005, 03:24 PM
gotta love WISCONSIN people....god i love this state (but love Marquette! :))

benpatient
Dec 19, 2005, 03:37 PM
wow. this turned out well.

too bad you can go buy one at the store now for 400 bucks...

mulletman13
Dec 19, 2005, 04:56 PM
No, I dont believe so.

While I sincerely sympathize with the seller, this was not a mistake on your behalf and you should not be held responsbile or penalized. Splitting the cost between you two is the decent thing to do on your behalf, but if I was the seller I would refund you in full.

Thanks a lot, and I believe if I don't get it (if my post office screwed up), then it may get shipped back to him (then we'd just split the shipping cost). Unfortunately, the D/C number was lost/discarded, so there is no way for my PO to check the status on it... guess I'll wait a couple more days to see what happens.

What I *really* hope didnt happen, is that somebody at the Post Office napped the package... no idea if insurance was bought for it, but if that happened I really hope so.

As for the person who said you can go to the store and get it.... yes, that's exactly what I did, as I now have a Premium console... that I bought for retail price :-\

jeremy.king
Dec 19, 2005, 04:59 PM
TUnfortunately, the D/C number was lost/discarded, so there is no way for my PO to check the status on it...

The seller lost the D/C number? Now it sounds a bit shady...Remind him that the D/C number should also be on his receipt.

PS. mullet, Where did you score your premium from? Guy at BB (in glendale) told me people were waiting Sat PM for Sunday's opening.

mulletman13
Dec 19, 2005, 05:01 PM
Yea, the D/C number is kindof crucial.

Anyways, I was lucky to get one at Circuit City (the new, relocated one in Brookfield).

Good luck on getting yours!

ivel
Dec 19, 2005, 05:04 PM

ivel
Dec 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
I was hoping this story had a better ending than this.:( :( :(

Have you have any contact with the seller?

mulletman13
Dec 20, 2005, 02:58 PM
Yea he's been really nice about the whole thing, responding to PMs and everything, I'm 99% sure he's not a deadbeat seller.

Sent him a PM Sunday, but haven't heard anything yet... hopefully something will happen over the next few days... damn the mailman, nothing in the mail today :(

skoker
Dec 20, 2005, 03:12 PM
Gotta ask...

"What's a D/C number???"

I feel like such a n00b :(

mulletman13
Dec 20, 2005, 04:31 PM
Delivery Confirmation number :)

ITASOR
Dec 20, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they can look up your address and see any recent packages that were sent there for you. I know UPS has done something similar for me after I proved to them that I reside at that address.

im_to_hyper
Dec 20, 2005, 11:50 PM
Remind annoying people to stay out of threads and to keep their mouths SHUT. I am feeling terrible about this whole thing, but there's nothing much I could have done now, was there?

He and I have discussed everything, I just got some PMs from him, my life is a ***** HOLE right now, so everyone on this board knows that. Which is therefore why I haven't been spending much time here.

I have a dog that is dying, a mother with cancer (keep in mind, I am still in High-Fricken-School to everyone who is bashing me) and a grandmother who died of cancer two verfickenede months ago.

I am also going through some girlfriend issues as well and am in 7 AP classes and trying to maintain good grades in all of them. I have friends with drinking issues, some with pot issues

Also, my after Christmas shopping and emergency windshield replacement and new tires my spending money is now around, oh, lets say, $350. And I just quit my job since i thought I was getting one elsewhere. Oops, thats not happening. So. I have no money, and can't do anything else. Word of advice to everyone out there: don't buy your GF a $400 ring to try to make up to her. She dumps you two days later and keeps the ring.

Bash someone else. "Hmmm, shady" my ass. *END RANT - WHICH I DONT NORMALLY DO - in the morning I may edit for politeness' sake, which some people lack and I would like some dignity back.*

As for the buyer here, I appologize greatly, man. I didn't go online to check anything the past few days. I've been over at my buddy's house and didn't check MR or anything really.

I got the Xbox back yesterday. You were right, I didn't have to pay anything. The box is now a bit beat up, but I dropped it off at my dad's office at 5 today and they are mailing it out tommorow to you Overnight Express (I think thats what they SHOULD be doing, so that you should still get it b4 Xmas).

Now, I once again feel horrible for not doing what was supposed to happen.

EDIT: Dude, now we really need to figure something out.

I just re-read everything and realized you bought a premium console. Which is why I sold this one, to have enough money to buy one (which I now don't anyway) Instead, things went to heck the past few weeks. Umm... so therefore, I guess we need to talk. Since you now have two Xboxes.

Not cool.

Didn't you sell it to someone else originally? Didn't they pay for it?

The seller lost the D/C number? Now it sounds a bit shady...Remind him that the D/C number should also be on his receipt.

PS. mullet, Where did you score your premium from? Guy at BB (in glendale) told me people were waiting Sat PM for Sunday's opening.

mulletman13
Dec 21, 2005, 12:09 AM
Hey there,

I really apologize for all the bad things that are happening in your life, and I am really sorry to have brought it into this forum -- I was just asking for peoples' advice and what was right to do at this moment, at no point did I not trust you or anything, so no worries there, nobody thinks you're a bad person :)

As for my Xbox 360 situation -- what happened was when I bought it from you, it was put up on ebay immediately, and I guess things worked out for the best since the bidder was a deadbeat bidder, and didn't end up paying for it. So I planned on listing it whenever I got the console. After waiting for a while, I came across circuitcity.com where it was in stock, and so I ordered one (with a credit card). I figured that I'd have some lost money from this sale (again not blaming you, it happens and I completely understand), so I decided to sell that one too and hopefully break out a little even from selling both of these.

I listed my Premium yesterday on ebay and low and behold... another deadbeat bidder! So anyways, I suppose I will have two Xbox360's tomorrow or the next day, and I will probably try to get rid of them as fast as I can to try and get them to people before the holiday, so then I can buy skoker's BoP (and maybe I'll try to make some money off of that, but maybe not).

*phew* So thats the status of things, I'm just totally glad that the console was not lost in the mail :)

Again I'm sorry if I made people mad at you or anything like that, I was just asking for some advice :) Take it easy over the stressful holiday, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

- Ken

MacTruck
Dec 22, 2005, 01:51 AM
Remind annoying people to stay out of threads and to keep their mouths SHUT. I am feeling terrible about this whole thing, but there's nothing much I could have done now, was there?

He and I have discussed everything, I just got some PMs from him, my life is a ***** HOLE right now, so everyone on this board knows that. Which is therefore why I haven't been spending much time here.

I have a dog that is dying, a mother with cancer (keep in mind, I am still in High-Fricken-School to everyone who is bashing me) and a grandmother who died of cancer two verfickenede months ago.

I am also going through some girlfriend issues as well and am in 7 AP classes and trying to maintain good grades in all of them. I have friends with drinking issues, some with pot issues

Also, my after Christmas shopping and emergency windshield replacement and new tires my spending money is now around, oh, lets say, $350. And I just quit my job since i thought I was getting one elsewhere. Oops, thats not happening. So. I have no money, and can't do anything else. Word of advice to everyone out there: don't buy your GF a $400 ring to try to make up to her. She dumps you two days later and keeps the ring.

Bash someone else. "Hmmm, shady" my ass. *END RANT - WHICH I DONT NORMALLY DO - in the morning I may edit for politeness' sake, which some people lack and I would like some dignity back.*

As for the buyer here, I appologize greatly, man. I didn't go online to check anything the past few days. I've been over at my buddy's house and didn't check MR or anything really.

I got the Xbox back yesterday. You were right, I didn't have to pay anything. The box is now a bit beat up, but I dropped it off at my dad's office at 5 today and they are mailing it out tommorow to you Overnight Express (I think thats what they SHOULD be doing, so that you should still get it b4 Xmas).

Now, I once again feel horrible for not doing what was supposed to happen.

EDIT: Dude, now we really need to figure something out.

I just re-read everything and realized you bought a premium console. Which is why I sold this one, to have enough money to buy one (which I now don't anyway) Instead, things went to heck the past few weeks. Umm... so therefore, I guess we need to talk. Since you now have two Xboxes.

Not cool.

Didn't you sell it to someone else originally? Didn't they pay for it?

Just curious, how did you get "demi-god" status?

skoker
Dec 22, 2005, 06:57 AM
Just curious, how did you get "demi-god" status?

Um, the same way as everybody else, by paying for it?