Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmilette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Montreal
Title says it all... Had a issue crop up where Powernap backups where taking all night and never completing whereas normal backups complete in under 5 minutes!!!

Needless to say this was and is overheating the Time Capsule... Apple investigated and after having my TimeCapsule and laptop for a month concluded it was hardware related.... They upgraded me to a newer model macbook pro retina and I used Migration Assistant to move my data over... Well...... it looks like whatever was causing the problem got moved over as well because the problem behavior is now on my new laptop even after a format of the TimeCapsule and fresh new backup... that or the TimeCapsule is flakey (but then why does it work fine when laptop is awake?)

I'm litterally at whits-end anybody know what I could finally do to eliminate once and for all this problem?!?

I know there are others who have experienced this exact problem on this forum (search same title) but unfortunately no fix is provided.

I know ChristIsLord had the exact same issue... hoping he might have unravelled the mystery!

Please help me, this has been going on since January for me with many days wasted!!! :confused:

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I have this problem with my 2012 Macbook Air. The machine will wake up to do a backup and never finish nor go back to sleep. I will find it slowly cooking itself at random times of the day.

I also see an error message when I open it up about some other device using its IP address (unlikely).

If I turn off Power Nap all these problems go away so that's what I have done.

A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.