Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Gameloft yesterday released a new trailer for its upcoming Thor: The Dark World - The Official Game on Apple's iOS platform, a title scheduled to arrive in November as a tie-in with the upcoming movie. Notably, the hack-and-slash gameplay nature of the title is centered around Marvel's Thor superhero and his quest to defend the Nine Realms from evil, with the ability for the player to use his powers and work with CPU allies to combat enemies in a variety of different situations and environments.

Our sister site TouchArcade had this to say about the game when its teaser trailer was released back in late July:
Dark World is being developed by Gameloft in partnership with Marvel, Gameloft says in today's announcement materials for the game. And you know what? It could be pretty rad. The footage we've got below reveals it as a hack-and-slash, which is a good genre for a hero that hits things with a hammer. Also, Gameloft is pretty good at making these kinds of games, if Dungeon Hunter 4's solid mechanics are any indication of skill.
Thor: The Dark World - The Official Game is scheduled to be released this November, with the film Thor: The Dark World hitting theaters on November 8.

Article Link: Gameloft Releases Trailer for 'Thor: The Dark World', Coming in November

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
The last Thor game was incredibly awful, one of the worst games on iOS that I've tried. I don't know if it was a Gameloft game, though. I agree about the Dungeon Hunter engine and other Gameloft games. They generally are pretty decent, even if generally unoriginal.

macnisse

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Lots of guys named Thor over here in Sweden, and yes, the winters are really really dark ;-)

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
Graphics are looking nice, but the story or how the story is transported in Gameloft Games isn't good. I hope they will make good-looking games with better story in the future. I will follow the release of Thor: The Dark World. If it has a good story and good missions, I would buy it.

QQboy4198

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
why Iphone4s cannot play?

i'm using iPhone4s but when I open the game, come out Gameloft then automatic jump out... many time still the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.