Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katybug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
I just got a mini and hooked it to my Asus VH242H monitor. The colors are horrible. I am using the factory Asus VH242H color profile and calibrating it via display and it doesn't get any better. I have tried the HDMI connection and the DVI to HDMI connection. Both are equally awful.

I also have an Asus VS247H-P monitor that I would like to use as a secondary display. Its color looks great. Of course the Asus people are no help. How do I resolve this?

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
I fixed this problem by using a mini display to vga adapter and using a vga cable from the monitor to adapter. Using a DVI connection gave me horrible colors and graphics.

I just got a mini and hooked it to my Asus VH242H monitor. The colors are horrible. I am using the factory Asus VH242H color profile and calibrating it via display and it doesn't get any better. I have tried the HDMI connection and the DVI to HDMI connection. Both are equally awful.

I also have an Asus VS247H-P monitor that I would like to use as a secondary display. Its color looks great. Of course the Asus people are no help. How do I resolve this?

katybug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
So I went out and purchased a vga to mini adapter and hooked it up. Monitor still looks horrible. The secondary monitor (using DVI to HDMI) looks fine. I have tried to calibrate using the mac display settings and I can't make many adjustments. This monitor looks great when hookedup to a windows machine. What should I try next?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.