PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Wifi or Ethernet connected but OS X can't get online

Failurbydesign
Sep 6, 2013, 07:03 PM
I have tried all but step 2 in the link below but I'm having zero luck. Network utility shows I'm connected but times out when I try an ping. Tech Tools shows all devices connected to my network but won't connect online. I'm posting this from my iPhone using the wifi and am having no issues. Any thoughts?

http://macosx.com/forums/howto-faqs/321879-howto-reset-wireless-airport-card-settings-os-x-10-7-x-10-8-x.html

Failurbydesign
Sep 8, 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't have any apps such as little snitch or anything related to block connections.

satcomer
Sep 8, 2013, 10:59 PM
Check to see if you are a DNS. Do this by going to System Preferences->Network pane, Adanced button, DNS mini-tab.

Failurbydesign
Sep 9, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'll check in the morning! Also I ran a 50ft cat 6 line directly from my modem in to the imac....nothing!

Would that DNS issue effect both wifi and Ethernet?

ColdCase
Sep 9, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yes any connection, but if you did step 3, then DNS is probably not the issue.

Failurbydesign
Sep 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
I meant step 3.

I'll give it a try!

Failurbydesign
Sep 9, 2013, 04:36 PM
Changing the DNS didn't work. The current ip is 192.168.1.1, which is my router

crjackson2134
Sep 9, 2013, 07:55 PM
I'll check in the morning! Also I ran a 50ft cat 6 line directly from my modem in to the imac....nothing!

Would that DNS issue effect both wifi and Ethernet?

Do you have another computer you can attach? If you or anyone else have been using a file sharing app on this computer, your MAC address may be blocked by the provider. It's a shot in the dark, but I can't think of anything else.

Failurbydesign
Sep 11, 2013, 10:08 PM
Well with no luck and not wanting to spend hours trying to fix it. I decided to reinstall ML and migrate my backup without selecting settings...problem solved!