Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
I always enjoy seeing what wallpapers people use of their computers, so throw yours up and post why you love it so much!

Here's the one I'm using right now,

Wallpapers-room_com___Sailing_The_Desert_by_Gate-To-Nowhere_1440x900.jpg

Another one

1440-900-220203.jpg

1440-900-157868.jpg

Last edited:

krazykleo

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2013
Everywhere and nowhere
Love this one with the calibration found in the LG Lemon thread..I just googled Aventador and found it eventually.

wow that is neat!!! how do you get the time and date to display like that??

I personally use a pic of my dog when she was a puppy!! no clue how to upload it tho lol... will try tho!

Attachments

• Cleo4.JPG
    Cleo4.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 191

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Hey man, I'm relatively new to OS X, so I haven't figured how - but can you kindly tell me how I can I can make my desktop like yours with itunes and clock and all that?

All the text on screen are geektool scripts. And the album art work is bowtie. Look into how to use geektool tutorials and after that PM me if you want my scripts.

AXs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
All the text on screen are geektool scripts. And the album art work is bowtie. Look into how to use geektool tutorials and after that PM me if you want my scripts.

Thanks man. I'll do just that - will start reading up on it and will definitely pm you for some assistance once I have a brief idea on what it is and how it works

Thanks a lot buddy! you're one cool guy:D

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!

Would you mind sending me the power/cycles and weather script? :)

Last edited:

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
If you guys just want to post the scripts you used I don't think any of us would mind haha. I'm interested in a few. Those are some sweet set ups.

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Here you go guys. Enjoy!

2013.zip is what you see on my desktop. Simply click each that you like and position and customize text to your liking.

Scripts.zip are some geeklets I've gathered in the past.

Attachments

• 2013.zip
    20 KB · Views: 316
  • Scripts.zip
    684.7 KB · Views: 309

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
Here you go guys. Enjoy!

2013.zip is what you see on my desktop. Simply click each that you like and position and customize text to your liking.

Scripts.zip are some geeklets I've gathered in the past.

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Question - Do you know how to change the label on the disk drives in the cpu usage geeklet? So it says something you pick instead of disk0s2..I see where you can change the CPU Usage and Memory Usage, and I can change both partitions to the same name, but can't figure out how to change both.

Last edited:

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I looked at the code and I'm not sure if you can do it. It looks like the name is being pulled from the system and it prints out a disk.lst file that it uses to display the information. If you look at the disk.lst file /tmp/disks.lst, the /dev/disk0s2 is printed.

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
So I've been looking around, is there anyway to change my dock to black easily? I don't want to mess anything up really and I'm on mountain lion (10.8.4). I think it would look incredibly sexy that way.

Last edited:

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks! The black dock looks amazing! Just wondering, my menu bar turned grey and a lot of the fonts are white still so its hard to read, do you any fix for that?

2Turbo

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks! The black dock looks amazing! Just wondering, my menu bar turned grey and a lot of the fonts are white still so its hard to read, do you any fix for that?

Yup, go to System Prefs > Desktop & Screen Saver, then uncheck "Translucent menu bar". :)

Doublea6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Here's my improved desktop!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 6.26.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 6.26.44 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.