Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Hi guys! So, I've used Passbook with boarding passes for the first time today.
I've used it before for events tickets and hotel vouchers.

After the airline website/app gave me the option to add the boarding pass to Passbook and generated a boarding pass, I tapped "Add" but when I open Passbook the boarding pass isn't there. Only Apple's Welcome Card.

Does it only show up when I arrive at the airport? All the other tickets I've saved to passbook before showed up on the main app and then when i arrived at the venue, they'd show up on the locked screen as well.

Just as a matter of security, I have a PDF version of the boarding pass I can print and I've also done a print screen of the boarding pass the app generates before tapping add.

Any thoughts?
Many thanks

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Just like the other times, tapping "Add" should have added it to your Passbook already. When you arrive at the airport, a notification pops up to save you the trouble of digging through your apps and folders to find it again.

Your screenshot should work, turning up the brightness helps the TSA scanner. I always carry a paper backup in my pocket just in case though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.