PDA

View Full Version : Media Event on ATV?

tbarney
Sep 9, 2013, 08:08 AM
I just purchased an ATV recently. Is it possible to watch the media event scheduled for Sept 10th via ATV? If so, will an icon appear on the ATV menu at some point before the scheduled event?

Thanks!

FreakinEurekan
Sep 9, 2013, 08:16 AM
In the past an "Apple Events" icon would appear on the Apple TV if the event was available to watch live. I don't see that yet on mine, maybe they're not live-streaming this event or perhaps it'll show up tomorrow.

bozzykid
Sep 9, 2013, 10:42 AM
In the past an "Apple Events" icon would appear on the Apple TV if the event was available to watch live. I don't see that yet on mine, maybe they're not live-streaming this event or perhaps it'll show up tomorrow.

I would be absolutely shocked if they weren't streaming it. It will probably show up tonight or in the morning at the latest.

ekrem13
Sep 9, 2013, 12:33 PM
is wwdc channel shown on atv? it's not available on mine.

Macman45
Sep 9, 2013, 12:39 PM
The icon should appear tomorrow morning...It just shoes up, you don't run a software update etc.

MacsRgr8
Sep 9, 2013, 01:00 PM
IIRC, the App appears about half a day before the actual event starts.

That's one advantage of being in Europe... the event starts in the evening (7 pm for us CET'ers) so we get to have event-day's hype for 12 hours... :D

priitv8
Sep 9, 2013, 04:21 PM
How many live broadcasts of Apple Keynotes do you remember?
I can name only 2 or 3 at most.
WWDC 2013 was one, then the education event in January 2012 and SJ memorial event come to mind.
Normally, all these events have been published under Apple Video Podcasts only a couple of days later, after careful editing.
http://www.disruptiveconversations.com/2013/06/boom-apple-disrupts-media-coverage-of-wwdc-2013-by-streaming-the-keynote-live.html
I most def hope they will stream it live on 10th, but I won't bet on this.

institute
Sep 10, 2013, 07:28 AM
The last one announcing Mavericks and OS7 was pushed to the ATV around 9am EST.

whsbuss
Sep 10, 2013, 08:57 AM
yes,The last one announcing Mavericks and OS7 was pushed to the ATV around 9am EST.Image (http://1cc.cc/74)

Well nothing yet at 9:57 EDT

JarScott
Sep 10, 2013, 10:10 AM
Getting really worried now. PLEASE give us a live stream, Apple!

Lancetx
Sep 10, 2013, 10:19 AM
I'm really not understanding why they did the live stream for both WWDC in June and for the iPad event last October, but are not doing the one today for the iPhone. The iPhone event is the most heavily anticipated one they do all year.

dejo
Sep 10, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'm really not understanding why they did the live stream for both WWDC in June and for the iPad introduction last October, but are not doing the one today for the iPhone. The iPhone event is to most anticipated one they do all year.

Perhaps they don't think they can provide the necessary bandwidth...

808?
Sep 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
but are not doing the one today for the iPhone. The iPhone event is the most heavily anticipated one they do all year.

Because they are holding live events in other cities for bigger iPhone releases tomorrow? (China & Japan)

OllyW
Sep 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
Perhaps they don't think they can provide the necessary bandwidth...

They struggled with the WWDC keynote, I had a lot of freeze ups during the live stream.

Deadeyeshark
Sep 10, 2013, 11:44 AM
This all seems unusually low key for an iPhone launch. Smaller venue, no stream, a hardly noticeable banner. Are they downplaying the interim launches as opposed to the fanfare both the iPhone 4 and 5 received? The 4S was pretty low key, but I thought that was down to Steve being close to death.

No Apple Event icon is showing on ATV, safe to assume we will need to follow website streams.

institute
Sep 10, 2013, 03:06 PM
It's there now, after the fact, but its up on the ATV.

xp0z3d
Sep 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
I thought they would bring some sort of software updated for ATV but so far no news , not mentioned in the event either.

Che Castro
Sep 10, 2013, 07:17 PM
I thought they would bring some sort of software updated for ATV but so far no news , not mentioned in the event either.

I'm thinking maybe a new Apple TV with game controller for the next ipad event