PDA

View Full Version : Sell iPhone 4S and upgrade to Note or keep both?

linkgx1
Sep 9, 2013, 07:45 PM
Hi ya'll. I'd never thought I'd go back to the Galaxy phones (after Vibrant issues with GPS, lack of updates, etc.) but I'm really excited about the Galaxy Note 3. The only issue?

The iPhone 5S. I'm still curious as to what it will turn out to be *I'll update this in a few hours* but in the meanwhile I am sporting an iPhone 4S. It's hand and I love the apps on it. But it's a bit on the small side (Wreck-it Ralph hands here). But I'm not sure I'm read to let it go....considering I still get the iOS 7 update.

So my ultimate dilema right now is to sell my iPhone 4S or keep it. If the 5S presuades me, I'll sell it and just transfer everything via iTunes/Cloud. But if not, then it may get sent to Gazelle or whoever. Still a fan of iOS in many ways, but is there any benefit to keeping the iPhone 4S if my next phone is the Note 3?

I'm with ATT, so I can switch the sim cards out. And for some reason I want the iPad 5 (just extra tidbit). Anyone switch between phones on a daily basis, or should I just sick with one?

Thanks!

Oohara
Sep 9, 2013, 07:56 PM
Sounds like you want to have at least one device around which you can use iOS7 on. If you don't need the cash from selling the 4S - then I'd say keep it.

Also, if you get a Note 3 as a main phone, there will be times when a smaller phone is nice to have available. Say if you'll be wearing a suit for some occasion, maybe a wedding or whatever, you don't want the Note bulging out somewhere and you'd rather not bring a bag. Then the 4S would come in handy - the camera on it will also continue to hold it's own for a long time.

Also it's nice in general of course to have a spare phone in case something happens.