PDA

View Full Version : What's better games on xbox 360 or computer?

MacTruck
Nov 23, 2005, 07:45 PM
So what is better? Playing games on an xbox 360 or your mac or pc? I am thinking that my mac will display games way better than the new xbox 360. So if this is the case, what is all the hype about? Why not just get a decent rig and hook it up to your tv?

homerjward
Nov 23, 2005, 07:49 PM
it depends on what sort of games you like to play. i think first person shooters suck on a controller, although i didn't think this before i started playing extensively on a pc. but if you like sports games, or platformers, etc. you're better off with a console. i must say i was pretty amazed by the xbox 360's graphics today at best buy!

doucy2
Nov 23, 2005, 07:49 PM
i agree with you
ppl over rate this xbox (if i could ide protest on MS's front lawn)
ide def go with a nice rig and display

i'll never own a xbox 360 and you can hold me to it.

MacTruck
Nov 23, 2005, 07:57 PM
Well I have an xbox, only because its easy to move around and it was only $150 but these people waiting in line for days and paying $2,000 for them on ebay doesn't make any sense. So the graphics are better, ok what else does it do? Don't get me wrong, its on my christmas list only because I have everything that I want (except the quad) and figured it would make a good gift for my wife to get me but seriously are the games THAT much better? Its not like going from atari to playstation 2 or anything. I think I will flip out and wait in line overnight when they come out with the holographic interface that hooks directly into your thought pattern for precise gaming and has a 200TB hard drive and the discs can hold REAL video game action.

MovieCutter
Nov 23, 2005, 08:29 PM
After playing the XBox 360 and seeing it in action playing Call of Duty...it is probably the most OVERRATED gift this season. My Power Mac plays Battlefront and Call of Duty with far more clarity than that piece of crap does...hell my POWERBOOK plays better. And with 18 games, I can't imagine what people are thinking right now. I'll admit, it's better than any console out there...but not by much. It's a glorified XBox, and when the PS3 comes...nobody will remember the XBox 360 for its graphics ability. Not to mention, I just can't get used to the controller after playing on a keyboard for so long. It is next to impossible to be a sniper with a console controller...far more accurate with the mouse, plus strategy games are non-existant for consoles these days....good ones anyway.

X-Box 360 is good as a console, but it's not that much better than X-Box...and sure as hell no better than my Power Mac. X-Box live on the other hand...