PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Handbrake

pMad
Sep 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
Using 0.9.9x86_64

Lately, when I put a DVD in, handbrake scans it and then tells me "no valid source found".
I'm having to rip with MTR and then use handbrake.

Thoughts?

dynaflash
Sep 10, 2013, 11:59 AM
So HB just "suddenly" started not finding a valid source? Or did this occur as soon as you updated to 0.9.9 ?

Does this occur on multiple discs or just one ? Need more info.

pMad
Sep 10, 2013, 12:24 PM
So HB just "suddenly" started not finding a valid source? Or did this occur as soon as you updated to 0.9.9 ?

Does this occur on multiple discs or just one ? Need more info.

It was relatively soon after the update if not immediately.
All discs

dynaflash
Sep 10, 2013, 01:42 PM
Well, if it was right when you installed 0.9.9 can you copy an activity log from an attempted disc scan and put it on pastebin.com and link it here so I can offer more help ?

pMad
Sep 10, 2013, 04:44 PM
http://pastebin.com/Ex1fXC3g

dynaflash
Sep 10, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hmm, you should have gotten a popup when you first installed 0.9.9 that VLC could not be found ( 0.9.8 used pre vlc's libdvdcss.2.dylib for decrypting However as of vlc 2.0 it was omitted from vlc).

Therefore, you should have gotten a message saying that vlc media player isn't supported so either use a third party app or you can download the proper library and install it which would direct you to this link:

http://download.videolan.org/libdvdcss/1.2.12/macosx/libdvdcss.pkg

That installer will install it on your system and HB will then find it.

pMad
Sep 10, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hmm, you should have gotten a popup when you first installed 0.9.9 that VLC could not be found ( 0.9.8 used pre vlc's libdvdcss.2.dylib for decrypting However as of vlc 2.0 it was omitted from vlc).

Therefore, you should have gotten a message saying that vlc media player isn't supported so either use a third party app or you can download the proper library and install it which would direct you to this link:

http://download.videolan.org/libdvdcss/1.2.12/macosx/libdvdcss.pkg

That installer will install it on your system and HB will then find it.

I have VLC on my system.

Ahh ... That's way old.
Updated to 2.0.8

I'll see if that helps.

dynaflash
Sep 10, 2013, 05:31 PM
I have VLC on my system.

Ahh ... That's way old.
Updated to 2.0.8

I'll see if that helps.
Um, it won't. Like I said VLC >= 2.0 has no libdvdcss.dylib!

If you don't want to install a third party ripper like MTR you will have to use the above linked library installer to install it on your system. Then HB can use it to handle it on its own. Thats the only way HB 0.9.9 can decrypt dvd's on its own.

pMad
Sep 11, 2013, 02:21 PM
Dyna
If you find yourself in St. Louis, I owe you a beer.
Cheers.

dynaflash
Sep 12, 2013, 09:34 AM
Dyna
If you find yourself in St. Louis, I owe you a beer.
Cheers.

Ha! No problem, glad you got it sorted and yes, if I am ever in St. Louis I will take you up on that!