Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Wisconsin
I just used iAlbumArt to import artwork for all of the albums in my library. It worked fairly well, but I've just discovered that much of the artwork on Amazon isn't exactly the right size for the frame in iTunes. Is there a way to have iTunes automatically resize any image I insert to fit perfectly?

thadchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Wisconsin
To add to this, where does the default iTunes artwork come from? Their artwork is always perfectly sized and will automatically conform if you adjust its size in iTunes. If only there were default artwork for every CD...

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
thadchr said:
To add to this, where does the default iTunes artwork come from? Their artwork is always perfectly sized and will automatically conform if you adjust its size in iTunes. If only there were default artwork for every CD...
Do you mean the album art from the iTMS?

thadchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't mean artwork from iTMS, just any artwork I import. Typically, artwork from Amazon seems to be oddly sized (i.e. there is a small strip of white to the right of or below the artwork.)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You have to manually bring the artwork into a paint program and crop it to equal dimensions. iTunes won't do it.

I haven't come across any software that will do it automatically.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

anaxamander

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2005
Lacero said:
I haven't come across any software that will do it automatically.

Well, I have added a "SquareUp" flag to my m4a command line tagging program http://sourceforge.net/projects/atomicparsley. You would do something like this in Terminal.app:

Code:
export PIC_OPTIONS="SquareUp:removeTempPix"
AtomicParsley /your.m4a --artwork /path/to/your.jpg
...and a new file will (should) get written with the squared up artwork.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Best source of artwork (if you want up to 1500x1500) is albumartexchange.com

Takes longer to manually do it, but it's worth it..... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.