Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Alright guys. Post your usage times and let's start this up to see if the GM is an improvement over beta 6!

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Used it 9 minutes and its still at 100%!!

Crisis over, battery life fixed, amazing, at this rate it will last forever!!!!!!

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
There's no need to be sarcastic. It's just a simple thread id like to keep going throughout this week.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I dont even care about battery life anymore. I was getting 1 day standby and 11 hours usage out of Beta 6.

plisvb

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Battery life killing me

Been draining since I installed ios7 GM a few hours ago, I've just turned off "background app refresh" for the weather app. I think that it's constantly finding my location to keep my notification screen up to date. We'll see what happens.

Another thought is that maybe because there are no apps (other then apple apps) optimized for ios7 yet. They may be a potential battery drain as well.

Thanks

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Lucky you. Especially with those debugging headers.

You'd be surprised how much battery life improves when the freaking cell tower near your work is working properly. Everyone who has iphones at work is seeing better battery life lately.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
Battery life on my iPad mini and iPhone 5 actually seems no worse and might be slightly better.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Too soon to tell, but I will chime in.

So far impressions are... not good. But that's because i've been constantly downloading all of my vids and photos back in. 6GB worth. Can see the battery just draining down.

I never set up as new, and didn't want to. Not losing all of this stuff for any OS update.

If that isn't "the right way" and I get problems, then the back up \ restore process is flawed.

RustyRyan

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
Battery life seems worse for me. 2% gone in 10 minutes on standby, and that's with background app refresh off. Beta 6 battery life was exceptional so I'm a little disappointed.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
anyone have Words With Friends installed? i have a feeling its been causing a HUGE fast tank of battery life on the betas. It seems to lag very bad on loading, even though it does work. for anyone with battery issues, maybe this is causing it.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I don't have it yet but can guarantee Location-based apps will drain the battery and confuse people for weeks.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
3G usage before I got 5-6 hours on average.

On current usage, expecting 4 and half hours.

Pretty big hit and iOS 7 is certainly not worth that. Because this is getting forced down our throats soon, I guess my choice is to either buy the 5S or just leave Apple devices behind.

I will take the cheaper option, so bye bye Apple.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I upgraded my iPhone 4S (64GB) running 6.1.3 (AT&T) to the iOS 7 GM by doing just an update with the Windows version of iTunes and not a clean install/restore.

After the update was done I played around with it a lot since this was the first time I had used iOS 7 on my devices (I avoided the dev beta's). The device did run a bit warm and the battery did seem to run down pretty quick over the 4-5 hours I have been playing with it. Naturally I am doing all sorts of stuff and running many apps that haven't been updated for iOS 7 yet which is going to drain the battery faster than I normally use the phone. I was running it mostly on Wi-Fi. I closed down all the apps and did a hard reset of the iPhone and am going to give it a full charge and then use it today to see how it goes. Performance on the 4S seems pretty good, I don't feel like the animations slow me down from doing anything. Safari seemed a bit sluggish at times, and it didn't download pages as fast as I remember 6.1.3 (I have a 25-30Mbps Wi-Fi connection). If the battery still seems to drain quicker than usual I will try to reset all settings and see if that helps.

tuman

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
oh man per night battery went down about 8%. drains too fast. will make a reset of all settings and see what ill get there. if the same **** happens, have to downgrade, unfortunately.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I know this might sound like a stupid question but I need to go and my phone isn't still charged (I think).

In iOS6 and before you could tell if the phone was fully charged by looking at the upper small icon. (See attached image). Is this still valid for iOS7? Just installed GM and it's been charging for some time now and there's still the lightning icon next to it… No plug whatsoever.

Attachments

• iphone-charging.gif
    iphone-charging.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 3,299

RustyRyan

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
oh man per night battery went down about 8%. drains too fast. will make a reset of all settings and see what ill get there. if the same **** happens, have to downgrade, unfortunately.

I reinstalled my iPhone 5 and set it up as a new phone rather than restore from backup. Battery life is now very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.