Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
When the 5S comes out I'm going to buy it (getting the gold one I think!) & give my 5 to my mom but I really wanted to get the GM all set up for her.

Anyway, I was thinking of just updating to the 7 GM instead of a clean restore so I dont have to wait for all of the apps to restore. In a few weeks Im going to just reset my phone's data to give to my mom so is there a good reason to do a clean restore at this point or should the update be enough?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Update is enough, unless you run into some sort of issues.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
just the quick and dirty update. save yourself the time.
You may or may not have issues anyway. What's the worst, any crashes, slowness, batt. consumption you're already used to lingers?

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Dunno if it's just me but I went to do a standard update to the GM in itunes from the most recent beta and the update failed and put me into DFU mode. Luckily I could restore the GM firmware without an issue and load my backup. I have an ipad 2 to do next and I'm debating trying another update or a painstaking restore. Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.