Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amnost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
United States
Beta 6 >?> Final Public Release

I currently have my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 Beta 6, however my developer account has since expired and I'm not interesting in having an account anymore. When the final public release of iOS 7 comes next week, how do I update to that?

Basically, I am stuck with beta developer software, no longer interested in having any association with the developer side and need the final, non-developer version of iOS 7 when it is released, as I am unable to download the GM version instead and would rather return to normal public updates and releases.

Thank you!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like quite a few of the existing threads on the subject have a good amount of information about all of this. You'll be able to do it through iTunes.

amnost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
United States
Seems like quite a few of the existing threads on the subject have a good amount of information about all of this. You'll be able to do it through iTunes.

Any chance you could point me to one of those threads? I can't seem to find one.

Can't he just do it OTA like the rest? Or does this not apply to iOS beta users?

Apparently iOS beta users can't OTA from a beta to the GM (must connect and download from Dev Center), or from a beta to a regular public release. That's why I'm really concerned about how to get my phone back on track here, come next Wednesday.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Any chance you could point me to one of those threads? I can't seem to find one.

Apparently iOS beta users can't OTA from a beta to the GM (must connect and download from Dev Center), or from a beta to a regular public release. That's why I'm really concerned about how to get my phone back on track here, come next Wednesday.

1) Downgrade to 6.14 and wait for public release of ios 7

2) Download ios 7 GM from the internet and install

Either option will get you the new release without having to be signed up again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.