Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vash420

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Every time I try to back up after updating to IOS 7 I get 'iTunes could not backup iPhone 'vash420's iPhone' because the backup session failed'. Any ideas? :eek:

vash420

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
When something strange like this happens I always first try the lazy way and restart the phone and computer. :cool:

I work in IT, tried that right away. :cool:

Anyone know if this is more an iTunes beta issues or with my iPhone?

RamonPouw

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2008
Does it already worked for you? I got the same problem... Deleted my iTunes, the backups and more! But didn't work..

Please share

vash420

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I suppose we're stuck waiting for the full beta. At least I just updated mine, so I've got all my content.

I have new music though. :mad:

alecalvanese

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
same insue

Same insue.
mac 10.6.8
before, ios 6.1.3 iTunes 11.0.5, sync and backup fine.

after, ios 7 gm, iTunes 11.1b(48), sync works, but can not find any backup.

i have a ipod 4th, with previous backup, but can't find this one too.

rollback to itunes 11.0.5 (you need to change library file with old library file, because itunes says that can not open the newer file)
rollback to ios 6.1.3...

and the same alert, the backup can't be done...

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Have you tried flipping the backup setting to use iCloud, then set it back to iTunes? Just a thought.

vash420

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Have you tried flipping the backup setting to use iCloud, then set it back to iTunes? Just a thought.

I might try that, though I've got a 32GB phone so I'm not sure how successful it will be. :confused:

I'm okay with waiting until the final release of iTunes 11.1, but still a bit concerned that 11.1 beta 2 and the GM aren't playing nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.