PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Snow!!!!!!

CompUser
Nov 24, 2005, 09:31 AM
This morning I woke up to about 3" of snow. It is beautiful, what I nice thanksgiving present. This is the first snowfall in CT.

Here are some pics.

eva01
Nov 24, 2005, 09:33 AM
we had our second snowfall of the year in MA yesterday

Chundles
Nov 24, 2005, 09:38 AM
Damn you both.

I know it gets hard to shovel and can shut down the cities but it never stops looking good does it.

I miss the snow, just have to make do with the beach I suppose...

Lacero
Nov 24, 2005, 09:40 AM
I hate shoveling the sidewalk and pathways. Especially when the house is located 40 feet from the main road. :(

nospleen
Nov 24, 2005, 10:06 AM
Must be nice, we are expecting a high of 82 today. :p

clayj
Nov 24, 2005, 10:10 AM
I am officially envious. :) (Of the snow, that is...)

mikemodena
Nov 24, 2005, 10:13 AM
I'm on the shore, so I got about 2" of slushy snow.. it looked nice before it started to melt and the plow came.. I just got done digging my car out of it. :D

iDM
Nov 24, 2005, 10:15 AM
I had to drive in snow all the way back from the bar last night in DE, luckily it wasn't sticking so I got home in one piece.

CompUser
Nov 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
Yea, shoveling sucks, especially when you have a long driveway. Thankfully we have a snowblower on our lawn tractor and unless it is really icey or slippery, it does a good quick job of removing snow.

combatcolin
Nov 24, 2005, 10:28 AM
We might actually get a snowfall this year in the UK.

(Cross's Fingers and hopes)

zim
Nov 24, 2005, 10:32 AM
the cape only saw a dusting, today we are getting all rain :( last year we had some really nice storms, hoping for the same for this year :)

2nyRiggz
Nov 24, 2005, 10:37 AM
Last year or was it this year.....anyway in atlanta we got ICE.....that wasnt fun at all....everything was incased in ice. trap in the house with no food

nuff.

thedude110
Nov 24, 2005, 10:41 AM
Half an inch out here in the wilderness of Windham county, CT ...

Applespider
Nov 24, 2005, 10:52 AM

There's been an inch or so in Perthshire near Gleneagles. Mum's driving home in it now...

dmw007
Nov 24, 2005, 10:52 AM
It snowed last night here in PA, but little was left on the ground by morning.

japasneezemonk
Nov 24, 2005, 10:55 AM
Chicago just got a mediocre inch that melted in a few hours. :D

w_parietti22
Nov 24, 2005, 11:01 AM
I live in Seattle... and believe it or not, but we never get snow. :(

Were lucky if we get a white christmas, you got a white thanksgiving! :( no fair!

doucy2
Nov 24, 2005, 11:11 AM
our 1st snow was yesterday Nov. 23rd in southern Ohio
today it sleeted and snowed
i love the winter

mpw
Nov 24, 2005, 11:12 AM

(Cross's Fingers and hopes)
I've Ģ5 on at 5/1 that there'll be snow in London on Christmas day, and by snow I mean a single flake will do.

CompUser
Nov 24, 2005, 11:12 AM
Half an inch out here in the wilderness of Windham county, CT ...

Thats all, I have at least 3" where I live in CT.

joecool85
Nov 24, 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm on the shore, so I got about 2" of slushy snow.. it looked nice before it started to melt and the plow came.. I just got done digging my car out of it. :D

I don't consider it digging out unless its upwards of 1ft of snow.

MankieApple
Nov 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
awwww i love snow!!!!!! It is soooo beautiful....HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!!!!!

PlaceofDis
Nov 24, 2005, 12:37 PM

indeed. anything less is a pain to brush off your car, but certainly no digging required

katie ta achoo
Nov 24, 2005, 12:41 PM

Pft, same here.

I hate you, Houston weather!

Last year it snowed on dec. 24 for a few hours. I made a tiny snowman!
He's the best, most biggest snowman ever!

LOOK AT HOW FEROCIOUS HE IS!

just for scale, that's a "texas-sized" plate. It's 14 feet wide. It's a giant snowman.

ok, it's more like 8 inches, but it's still a giant snowman for Houston!

iGav
Nov 24, 2005, 12:42 PM
I hate shoveling the sidewalk and pathways. Especially when the house is located 40 feet from the main road. :(

then why do it??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

MankieApple
Nov 24, 2005, 12:54 PM
HAHA that snow man has to be the "biggest" one i have ever seen..........come from texas.

Very cool! :D:D:D

jamesW135
Nov 24, 2005, 12:59 PM
I really got nothing but it was enough for the plow to come and wake me up at 6:00 am --}----plows---->

pknz
Nov 24, 2005, 01:16 PM
Enjoy your white Christmas fellas. While you are huddled around fireplaces and other heating devices, I will be enjoying the sun

mikemodena
Nov 24, 2005, 01:38 PM

You're right... we've had that before, but I've never been the one to do the shoveling, but now that my stepfather left us and the fact that I have my own car in the driveway, this year I gotta start :p

kwajo.com
Nov 24, 2005, 01:46 PM
you call 3" a snowfall? wait til you get a few feet, then post some photos :p :D

bursty
Nov 24, 2005, 04:27 PM
View from my window as of this morning. :D

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4215/smalldsc008439hu.jpg

yoak
Nov 24, 2005, 04:35 PM
We had a snowfall 2-3 weeks ago, but now itīs pouring down. Miserable. They have predicted snow in the weekend, so fingers crossed.
PS You guys got some nice views:eek:

homerjward
Nov 24, 2005, 04:39 PM
View from my window as of this morning. :D

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4215/smalldsc008439hu.jpg
that's st. louis?! :eek::eek:

bursty
Nov 24, 2005, 04:41 PM
that's st. louis?! :eek::eek:
:p Unfortunately, no. I'm at my family's ski condo for the week.

sushi
Nov 24, 2005, 05:17 PM
I live in Seattle... and believe it or not, but we never get snow. :(
Keep your fingers crossed. It can happen, although rarely. :D

http://www.historylink.org/essays/output.cfm?file_id=3681

BTW, was there for the '67 one.

Sushi

dornoforpyros
Nov 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
Some of us have been out on the slopes already (http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/2005/11/bestjob-perkever.htm)

sushi
Nov 24, 2005, 05:43 PM
Some of us have been out on the slopes already (http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/2005/11/bestjob-perkever.htm)
Looks nice. I'm jealous! :)

Sushi

puckhead193
Nov 24, 2005, 05:56 PM
THe only thing i like about winter is hockey, but now thanks to modern technolgy i can play hockey year round; but otherwise it all sucks :D :p

SummerBreeze
Nov 24, 2005, 07:13 PM
:p Unfortunately, no. I'm at my family's ski condo for the week.

Looks like fun! I wish I was skiing right now.

Living at the beach in California means that I can chill at the beach in the middle of winter, but I do miss having snow.

iSaint
Nov 24, 2005, 08:37 PM
68 degrees here today. My kids and I took a nap outside!

ITASOR
Nov 24, 2005, 09:10 PM
Thankfully we have a snowblower on our lawn tractor and unless it is really icey or slippery, it does a good quick job of removing snow.

Icey? Slippery? That's when it gets FUN on the lawn tractor!!! :eek:

Sirus The Virus
Nov 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
I wish I had your view.

2nyRiggz
Nov 24, 2005, 09:52 PM
oh yea, its snowing in NY.....not so good when its blowing in your face.

Bless

MacNut
Nov 24, 2005, 10:07 PM
I like the snow but am a fan of heat better, plus the shoveling aspect isn't all that fun either. Now if someone could invent a device that can make snow in the summer then I would be happy.

CompUser
Nov 24, 2005, 10:13 PM
I like the snow but am a fan of heat better, plus the shoveling aspect isn't all that fun either. Now if someone could invent a device that can make snow in the summer then I would be happy.

Heated Driveway.

My old house had one but it cost an outrageous amount of money to run it.

katie ta achoo
Nov 24, 2005, 10:23 PM
Heated Driveway.

Wow.. you snow-people are resourceful!

that's NUTS! I've never heard of that!

So.. what is it?
I know it's a heated driveway, but what exactly is it? like.. wires or what?

more importantly, can I turn it all the way up and use it like a sauna?

bursty
Nov 24, 2005, 10:25 PM
Wow.. you snow-people are resourceful!

that's NUTS! I've never heard of that!

So.. what is it?
I know it's a heated driveway, but what exactly is it? like.. wires or what?

more importantly, can I turn it all the way up and use it like a sauna?
Our place out here has that. Its just heated coils in the concrete. Just turn it on and wait a while...bam....no more snow. We also have heated coils in the patio around our hot tub and pool area, so you can still use it in the winter. :D

Seasought
Nov 24, 2005, 11:05 PM
This morning I woke up to about 3" of snow. It is beautiful, what I nice thanksgiving present. This is the first snowfall in CT.

Here are some pics.

Nice! Go sledding!
:D

m-dogg
Nov 24, 2005, 11:49 PM

Looking good. I'm planning to get my first day in on Monday - Can't wait!!!

thedude110
Nov 25, 2005, 11:48 AM
Thats all, I have at least 3" where I live in CT.

Ah, but I bet where you live there are also stores, restaurants -- legitimate theatre!

Northeastern Connecticut is not you're average Hartford County!

yellow
Nov 25, 2005, 12:06 PM
That's one thing I've never been able to get used to in eastern/central North Carolina. The lack of seasonal white stuff. I REALLY miss snow.

joepunk
Nov 25, 2005, 02:05 PM
Last major snow coverage I remember is in 1996-97.

1st image, my parents house.

2nd image, the discount furniture store a few blocks away.

TEG
Nov 25, 2005, 02:26 PM
The thing about Seattle, and the entire Puget Sound Area is that for it to be cold enough to snow, usually it has to be a clear day/night. Very rarely do the winds come from the north or east, bringing the cold air, and keeping the cloud cover required for snow.

However, according to stories by some of the older residents of Whidbey Island, the area used to get dusted often, with usually 6" twice a year. However, that was only for a period of about 10 years, in the 30's and again in the 70's, during the earth's cooling periods over the last century.

It is a good thing too, because the Californians in their big SUVs always have problems in rain, snow, wind, sunshine, overcast, etc. And the Hills in Seattle would be hell in a lot of snow. Heck, Jan 2004, 6 inches of snow shut down Washington and Oregon. In fact Portland had so many problems, that they required chains to drive in the city, and I know Seattle is not Portland, but they do have similar population makeup, and ability to drive in the weather.

----
Here in the Ugly Ass city of Flint, the snow has fallen, and most of the ugliness has been covered with snow. I wish is was more than a dusting, but at least at this level, I can clear paths with salt, instead of shoveling my way around my apartment complex.

TEG

alexstein
Nov 25, 2005, 02:41 PM
First real snow here for this year in Minneapolis. It started snowing sometime last night and so far it accumulated to 3-4".

It took me about 2h to shovel my driveway and a path around the house. At least it's nice and fluffy and not the heavy wet stuff. What a waist of time!(shoveling snow that is)

funkychunkz
Nov 25, 2005, 02:45 PM
I live in Ottawa, Ontario (CANADA) and we got our first snow back in October. Now we have a decent half foot outside. Woot! Snow is awesome. :)

wnameth
Nov 25, 2005, 02:54 PM
Last major snow coverage I remember is in 1996-97.

1st image, my parents house.

2nd image, the discount furniture store a few blocks away.

hey man, just some friendly help, in your signature it says rev B powerbook, the one you have is a rev D. :)

joepunk
Nov 26, 2005, 01:35 AM
hey man, just some friendly help, in your signature it says rev B powerbook, the one you have is a rev D. :)And here's a friendly help right back to you :p

The first 15" rev A aluminum PB's were 1GHz and 1.25GHz (the ones w/white spot problems) introduced in 2003.09.16

Rev B 15" aluminum PB's were 1.33GHz and 1.5GHz (the one I have) (had the option of adding on the extra VRAM and larger/faster HD for about $100 each) introduced in 2004.04.19

Rev C 15" aluminum PB's were 1.5GHz and 1.67GHz introduced 2005.01.31

Replaced in 2005.10.19 by higher resolution 15" PowerBook G4 HR.

;)

840quadra
Nov 26, 2005, 03:29 AM
First real snow here for this year in Minneapolis. It started snowing sometime last night and so far it accumulated to 3-4".

It took me about 2h to shovel my driveway and a path around the house. At least it's nice and fluffy and not the heavy wet stuff. What a waist of time!(shoveling snow that is)

Fun Isn't it! At least MNDOT is getting better at NOT plowing in peoples driveway approaches , (well at-least in Carver county).

To Add to this,

We finally got some snow that justifies me having Snow tires, and de-icer juice to add to my washer fluid (from Audi :) ).

It is strange living in a state that has snow EVERY winter, how many local people seem less and less prepared for it every first snowfall. Here I am driving (quite cautiously) with my properly equipped VW, watching SUV's and AWD Subaru and Audi products slide around on their "summer only" tires.

The nice thing is, most of these drivers can still somewhat handle their cars, and get around, but it is odd being able to out accelerate (without trying) a new S4 or WRX on the wrong tires. Lets not get into stopping or turning, needless to say I didn't want either of them behind me!

Snow pictures coming up when I get my Camera back :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&dateline=1127904880&type=profile
Chanhassen MinneSNOWta

alexstein
Nov 26, 2005, 12:19 PM
Fun Isn't it! At least MNDOT is getting better at NOT plowing in peoples driveway approaches , (well at-least in Carver county).

To Add to this,

We finally got some snow that justifies me having Snow tires, and de-icer juice to add to my washer fluid (from Audi :) ).

It is strange living in a state that has snow EVERY winter, how many local people seem less and less prepared for it every first snowfall. Here I am driving (quite cautiously) with my properly equipped VW, watching SUV's and AWD Subaru and Audi products slide around on their "summer only" tires.

The nice thing is, most of these drivers can still somewhat handle their cars, and get around, but it is odd being able to out accelerate (without trying) a new S4 or WRX on the wrong tires. Lets not get into stopping or turning, needless to say I didn't want either of them behind me!

Snow pictures coming up when I get my Camera back :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&dateline=1127904880&type=profile
Chanhassen MinneSNOWta

840quatra you are so right. I just switched three weeks ago to my winter tires on the original 17"wheels. People always make fun of me switching set ups like that. Many people don't even know that there are summer and winter/snow tires. allwheel drive or not summer tires in the winter is a big no no.

'smirks and gets into his TT quattro equipped with wintertires'

AP_piano295
Nov 26, 2005, 12:25 PM

lucky we dont have any snow and Im freezing my ass off I want one or the other.

Plymouthbreezer
Nov 26, 2005, 10:43 PM
It's actually still snowing here in central Mass. We have about 4.5" on the ground.

Speaking of snow, the pictures below were taken during the blizzard of last year. The doors you are looking at are covered by, yes, snow. The other is just a cool pict out of a classroom window showing how much snow we actually got. :eek:

Plymouthbreezer
Nov 26, 2005, 10:48 PM
And another few...

A kid thought it would be cool to climb on top of the snow, but then he fell in! If you look, you'll see that the snow is almost as high as the school roof.

joepunk
Nov 26, 2005, 10:55 PM
And another few...

A kid thought it would be cool to climb on top of the snow, but then he fell in! If you look, you'll see that the snow is almost as high as the school roof.I used to have dreams of falling into the snow. Never to come out again.

Chip NoVaMac
Nov 26, 2005, 11:29 PM
So where abouts in CT that you got that snow?

We just have the cold here in the DC area, with just a dusting on the 23rd IIRC.

cgratti
Nov 27, 2005, 05:25 PM
Not looking forward to the snow.. UGHHHH..

Central Pa here so I will get my share soon enough...
I want HEAT!

CompUser
Nov 27, 2005, 06:28 PM
So where abouts in CT that you got that snow?

We just have the cold here in the DC area, with just a dusting on the 23rd IIRC.

Northern CT, there is still a couple inches on the ground.

840quadra
Nov 29, 2005, 04:58 AM
840quatra you are so right. I just switched three weeks ago to my winter tires on the original 17"wheels. People always make fun of me switching set ups like that. Many people don't even know that there are summer and winter/snow tires. allwheel drive or not summer tires in the winter is a big no no.

Sadly my Quattro is down, It will be on the mend before January, but I don't have the time or money to get my 4000 back on the road. I bought it as a winter beater, but fell in love with the car, and started to take really good care of it, and go to local Quattro Club events with it. It has had snow tires every year since I bought it in 99. Great fun!

I hope to buy an A3 next summer to enjoy as a daily driver (provided I don't have to sell my Passat :) . Hope to see you on the roads! I rarely worry about Audi pilots running into me, though I wish more of them had snows installed!

BTW people, It is snowing in Minnesota again, and I have my camera. Pictures some time later!

Applespider
Nov 29, 2005, 05:13 AM
A kid thought it would be cool to climb on top of the snow, but then he fell in! If you look, you'll see that the snow is almost as high as the school roof.

That kid has a T-shirt on... is he mad?

I have ended up falling into snow on one occasion. At a chalet in France where we were skiing with the school. The girls snuck out, climbed down the balcony on the bunk bed ladders to the boys on the ground floor before an alert the teachers were coming came up. Two of us who couldn't get back up to our beds again ended up (supposedly in the bathroom with the shower going) but actually behind a snow-drift in the snow-filled swimming pool ;)

Will Cheyney
Nov 29, 2005, 06:28 AM
Blimey!
Some of the pictures are unbelievable. We can only dream of snow like that here in the UK.
We're luck if we get an inch or two settle :(

Chundles
Nov 29, 2005, 06:35 AM

Oh I wish they would teach winter driving here, we have enough trouble driving in the rain.

The areas where our ski resorts are (mostly National Parks) require us to carry tyre chains in the vehicle when passing the entry gates to the parks and it's illegal not to fit them when asked.

I didn't see a single set of chains in Canada and everyone drove so well on the snow - just goes to show what local conditions will do for your abilities. We get so many europeans and north americans complaining about having to rent chains but all we can do is tell them that it's the law and must be obeyed.

iGav
Nov 29, 2005, 06:47 AM
Speaking of snow, the pictures below were taken during the blizzard of last year. The doors you are looking at are covered by, yes, snow. The other is just a cool pict out of a classroom window showing how much snow we actually got. :eek:

Holy mother of god!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

iGav
Nov 29, 2005, 06:49 AM
Many people don't even know that there are summer and winter/snow tires. allwheel drive or not summer tires in the winter is a big no no.

are you guys allowed to use studs???

840quadra
Nov 29, 2005, 07:00 AM
are you guys allowed to use studs???

In Minnesota USA, No. Perhaps in the 70's, but not now.

Only on the lakes, during Ice races ;)

Lau
Nov 29, 2005, 02:10 PM
I have ended up falling into snow on one occasion. At a chalet in France where we were skiing with the school. The girls snuck out, climbed down the balcony on the bunk bed ladders to the boys on the ground floor before an alert the teachers were coming came up. Two of us who couldn't get back up to our beds again ended up (supposedly in the bathroom with the shower going) but actually behind a snow-drift in the snow-filled swimming pool ;)

Funnily enough, I was in a remarkably similar situation on a geography field trip in a youth hostel in the Peak District. :D And that was after me and my friends had been put in the naughty dormitory.... :p

stcanard
Nov 29, 2005, 02:53 PM
We got our first snow of the year. About 3cm here (that's ~ 1 inch for the metric impaired).

The traffic snarl means it took my wife 160 minutes to take the 7 KM bus ride to work.

The fun starts tonight, when everything freezes over and the roads and sidewalks are skating rinks in time for rush hour tomorrow morning.

Welcome to Vancouver, BC! Where snow is almost as rare as Seattle.

Lacero
Nov 29, 2005, 02:56 PM
We got our first snow of the year. <snip>Welcome to Vancouver, BC! Where snow is almost as rare as Seattle.
Ah, I'm nice and comfy in my pajamas this morning! Nothing like waking up to snowfall. The air is so fresh, and neighborhood so bright from the reflecting snow.

I will go outside and make myself a snowman! :)

Here's to the Crazy Ones http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35452 (http://www.uriah.com/apple-qt/movies/think-different.mov)

joepunk
Nov 29, 2005, 02:58 PM
It's snowing again in Bellingham. Started 9p.m. last night and just started up again. It was not cold enough for freezing to happen so most people were alright in the roads.

This is why I love living in the PNW. Occasionally snows and only a few times a year, nice sunny weather in the summer and how can I forget the rain. If I have to move to some dry, sunny-all-year-around place I would miss the rain/cold weather.

reberto
Nov 29, 2005, 06:05 PM
We rarely get snow here. I live in the valley so if it does snow, it usually comes as slush. But we have gotten snow before (last year and the ~2 years before that)

alexstein
Nov 29, 2005, 08:14 PM
In Minnesota USA, No. Perhaps in the 70's, but not now.

Only on the lakes, during Ice races ;)

Have you ever been to one of those ice races? I wonder how much fun that could be?!?!?

840quadra
Nov 29, 2005, 09:18 PM
Have you ever been to one of those ice races? I wonder how much fun that could be?!?!?

Lots of fun, and quite safe depending on how you drive!

My pictures from the final Quattro Club event last year.

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/ICE/IMG_4618.jpg

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/ICE/IMG_4620.jpg

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/ICE/IMG_4632.jpg

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/ICE/IMG_4667.jpg

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/ICE/IMG_4345.jpg

My car after some fun :)

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/we2005/IMG_4140.sized.jpg

http://www.neuwerks.com/albums/we2005/IMG_4139.sized.jpg

More images in the gallery of the site I help run, the link is in my signature :)

pivo6
Nov 29, 2005, 09:27 PM
Lots of fun, and quite safe depending on how you drive!

My pictures from the final Quattro Club event last year.

You mean you actually found a lake in Minnesota without fisherman on it? :p Looks like great fun. Your picture of the car at the gas station looked just like mine as I drove up to Park Rapids today. What a mess.

Counterfit
Nov 29, 2005, 10:08 PM
We got an inch or two on T-day, and it snowed a little a few weeks ago. I was at work at the time, and one other cashier made a little snowman, inside the store. The manager humored him for a little while, as he bragged about building the "first snowman of the season in Rhode Island". Then she beat it to death with one of the arms :eek:

Chubypig
Nov 29, 2005, 10:22 PM
Coming from Vermont, i always laugh when people are amazed at snow! Here if you don't have studded snow tires, it can get ugly, quickly. I like snow, but shoveling sucks! Pict of me sliding/sledding (another pronunciation thing) The walk back sucks:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3096/test2lw.th.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=test2lw.jpg)

stevey500
Nov 30, 2005, 10:38 PM
In the post above, i notice in my pictures I take, when i set up im my tripid and i drive away on my 4-wheeler... my dog stands in front of the camera and stays next to it and just watches me... weird!

Chubypig
Nov 30, 2005, 10:42 PM
In the post above, i notice in my pictures I take, when i set up im my tripid and i drive away on my 4-wheeler... my dog stands in front of the camera and stays next to it and just watches me... weird!

hmm, interesting coincidence. what kind of dog do you have?

runninmac
Dec 3, 2005, 11:17 PM
Our place out here has that. Its just heated coils in the concrete. Just turn it on and wait a while...bam....no more snow. We also have heated coils in the patio around our hot tub and pool area, so you can still use it in the winter. :D

You dont want to know the amount of jeliousy going through my veins right now.

:p

dornoforpyros
Dec 3, 2005, 11:23 PM
Sunshine Village (Banff, Alberta)

http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/uploaded_images/06-795537.jpg

http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/uploaded_images/01-751984.jpg

http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/uploaded_images/05-737214.jpg

For the record, it's even colder than it looks:

http://www.jasondorn.com/revolution/uploaded_images/cold-782139.jpg

runninmac
Dec 3, 2005, 11:23 PM
Blimey!
Some of the pictures are unbelievable. We can only dream of snow like that here in the UK.
We're luck if we get an inch or two settle :(

Are all you Brits serious when you says you dont get any snow?!? Why arnt you guys closer to the artic circle??? wow im confused.

In michigan we got ~2-3 inchs tonight it was pretty bad driving home. (incase you were wondering)

Edit: dornoforpyros that is fricken rediculous! I get grumpy when its colder than 15degrees out. I think I would go crazy if it was like that for 1/3 of the year.
Oh is that celcius or farenthhight?

(i suck at spelling)

bursty
Dec 4, 2005, 02:01 AM

:eek:

Not NEARLY that cold here in Keystone:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6046/picture16rv.png

mpw
Dec 4, 2005, 02:08 AM
Are all you Brits serious when you says you dont get any snow?!? Why arnt you guys closer to the artic circle??? wow im confused...
Right now we've got the gulf stream which draws warm water across the Atlantic from the south. This water is warm enough to keep the air temperature here nice and mild in the winter.

But it looks like this might be changing. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164628&highlight=stream)

zim
Dec 4, 2005, 09:03 AM
My wife just woke me up yelliing snow, snow, snow! Frist reall snow falling here on the Cape :D

Chundles
Dec 4, 2005, 09:14 AM
Sunshine Village (Banff, Alberta)

OK, those snow photos just make me hate you now. After last season's debacle I'm so jealous of you right now.

Ah well... Here's the view from my favourite pub about 20 mins away...
http://static.flickr.com/25/50792730_a7495fb9b3.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/26/50792013_199e19ade1.jpg?v=0

And just for good measure - although it doesn't really measure up - a bit of home cooking...
http://static.flickr.com/27/39973851_2f7e113555.jpg?v=0

Lau
Dec 4, 2005, 09:16 AM
I got up to college the other day and was hugely excited to see this. It hadn't snowed in town, so maybe it was the altitude.....:D

dornoforpyros
Dec 4, 2005, 12:29 PM
Edit: dornoforpyros that is fricken rediculous! I get grumpy when its colder than 15degrees out. I think I would go crazy if it was like that for 1/3 of the year.
Oh is that celcius or farenthhight?

(i suck at spelling)

Celcius...I'm in Canada Eh ;)

Plymouthbreezer
Dec 25, 2005, 05:25 PM
That kid has a T-shirt on... is he mad?
Yeah, thats a tee shirt! But, here in New England, most of us wear Ts in the winter.

We're use to it. :cool: