Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
Hey,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've ran into a little "bug" I guess. I made some contacts through my iPhone running the iOS 7 GM (have been using the Beta for awhile now as well). I just realized that said contacts would not update on my Mac nor on the iCloud web apps. What is odd though is the fact that it DOES sync with my iPad mini, which is also running the GM. Even more confusing is the fact, that I can change stuff on my contact on my Mac or through the iCloud web apps and have said changes pushed to my iOS 7 GM devices.

All in all this seems to be a "incompatibility" between iCloud and iOS7 devices. Can anyone confirm?

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
Problem solved: it really had nothing to do with iOS 7 (directly). The thing is I have my universities Exchange account set up on my iDevices. Figured out somehow the setting changed from iCloud being my main contact account to the Exchange account, hence all my new contact data was saved on the Exchange account and thus not appearing on my iCloud account.

It was pretty difficult merging everything, because for some odd reason the contacts app on Mac OS X does not sync with the Exchange account and I can't download my contacts from the web access to my universities Exchange server. So I had to install an app on my iPhone which sent me all contact from my phone to my own E-Mail. Everything is working fine now and I made sure I unchecked the Exchange account for everything but Mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.