Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Ok, huge problem here. My girl asked me for help and I figure here is the best place to ask. Last night, she tried to get into her iPad and it disabled it even thought the passcode was correct. It was an easy one so there's no way she was entering it wrong. If she enters a code and it doesn't work 1 more time, it is disabled permanently.

She don't have the iPad backed up or anything so she's freaking out. Pictures, work stuff, etc all on there that would be a disaster to lose. Is there ANY kind of hack, workaround, etc, for her to get into her iPad? If she lost all of her pictures/work related stuff she'd be devastated.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Copy the files she needs with iexplorer, and then restore the factory. See if she has iCloud backups.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Copy the files she needs with iexplorer, and then restore the factory. See if she has iCloud backups.

I have iExplorer, will I be able to get into the iPad even if it's locked/just coming off of being disabled for an hour?

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
It should.

It turns out that you have to at least synced the iPad with your computer at least once (which she never did somehow), or else it can't get into it. Looks like she has to do a restore. Thanks for the suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.